WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Considering SS is one of the WWE's big 4, it really feels lackluster this year.

Maybe I look back on say SS2000 with a dreamy reminiscent look but that year you had an undercard of matches with storylines to give a crap about. This year, the undercard is Divas match and Henry vs Shaemus.

Bryan vs Barrett hasn't had the chance to tell out a build up story (which is stupid considering the wealth of material that sadly many fans tend to forget about) but will be a brilliant match that I'm looking forward to on a technical level.

But otherwise there's... ?

Well you've got Cee-Lo Green there singing live, gotta make time for that.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Christian has promised some kind of surprise/shenanigans, and Edge is in town to do appearances at SummerSlam Axxess, so some folks are deducing...

Ok, I can see where they'd maybe get that idea, but if he's legitimately injured and retired I can't really see him getting involved in this because unless he's gonna come back as Christians manager there's nowhere for the story to go for Edge afterwards.

Can't wait, so tired and hungover but staying up. I'll only really be dissapointed if somehow Del Rio leaves with the WWE Championship or if Triple H calls it down the middle.

Lookin' forward to it, Christian vs Orton is going to be fantastic I know it, Randy is gonna destroy that announce table!

expect Summer Slam to have plenty of surprises. Excited to work w/ Cole & King. Expect some surprise bouts to be added to tonite's PPV

-Jim Ross on Twitter

It's a strange one. The two World title matches both have the potential to be MOTYC. The build-up to both has been mostly really strong and I can't see either being less than very, very good at the least. I'm looking forward to them.

At the same time it seems like they've neglected the undercard completely. Even more so than usual. They really could have done with starting a couple of hot midcard programmes a few months back that would peak around this time but really there's nothing happening, aside from maybe Sheamus/Henry (which I also have high expectations for).

I would like to see The Miz,R-Truth and Dolf Ziggler vs Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and Alex Reily added to the show.

If a further match is needed perhaps have Cody Rhodes come out, cut a promo about becoming I.C. champion and issue an open challenge for the title.

Thinking about it, take Ziggler and Reily out the match and add Del Rio and Kingston ! :laugh:

Archived