WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Im not jumping on the Hatin' Jackson Bandwagon, but his IC title run has been awful. I know The Corre had to go their seperate ways but they could have put the IC title on either Slater/Gabriel and put them against Barrett. I just feel Jackson has no character and his work in the ring is meh. I would love to see Rhodes take the belt off him though at Summerslam, he has been brilliant this year

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Im not jumping on the Hatin' Jackson Bandwagon, but his IC title run has been awful. I know The Corre had to go their seperate ways but they could have put the IC title on either Slater/Gabriel and put them against Barrett. I just feel Jackson has no character and his work in the ring is meh. I would love to see Rhodes take the belt off him though at Summerslam, he has been brilliant this year

I'm bot sure there's a bandwagon as such, he seems to have quite a fanbase on here. I'm not a fan though, I've only ever liked him when he was with Kendrick. He strikes me as a slightly less camp sounding Bobby Lashley. With less interesting ring work. He's about as generic a babyface as you could find.

• Paid Members

The thing that annoys me is that he's way too 'happy'. Batista used to come down to the ring looking like he was about to kill someone, hell even Big Zeke himself looked lethal when he was taking out The Big Show on a weekly basis. As soon as he smiles like a twat when he walks down the ramp it becomes difficult to take him seriously.

Add to that his boring moveset. Bodyslams are only impressive when they are done on someone bigger than him, like The Big Show.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Jackson was made to play the 'angry black dude'. He just needs a few tweaks and I think he'll be a decent. His whole character is about "domination", so he needs to start throwing people about more too.

If I was WWE, I'd punt him back to FCW and show him tapes of other big bastards and how they work. While also brushing up his selection of power moves. Then bring him back as a man not to be fucked with.

They'll probably still end up in FCW though.

I remember all the big talk before DH Smith started, about how he was bypassing developmental and going straight to Raw. He had a match with Carlito on Heat in England, did next to fuck all else, and then got sent to developmental for about three years because he was absolute shit.

• Paid Members
I'm a Big 'Zeke fan but yeah, he's an awful babyface. He needs to do what Mark Henry's doing, kicking arse and yelling at people.

Thing is, Jackson couldn't do what Hebry does even a fraction as well. Henry's a monster, Jackson, well, isn't. Henry has the mic skills, the power moves and manages to look absolutely monstrous in the way he packages them together. Jackson has absolutely no mic skills, and although he manages to look mean when he plays a heel he doesn't really vary his facial expression. He couldn't possibly express rage the way Henry does. Plus Jackson's power moves aren't hugely impressive. I'd like to see them cut their losses, have him drop the title and release him.

right well if you haven't watched Raw and you click on this you are stupid...

So there will definately be CM Punk vs John Cena to crown the undisputed WWE Champion, along with Beth Phoenix vs Kelly Kelly for the coveted Divas Championship.

but Raw also threw up some more potential matches, John Morrison vs R-Truth, Rey Mysterio vs The Miz, Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler vs Alex Riley.

personally i just hope they have JoMo vs Truth and A-Ri vs Ziggler, as i have no interest in another fucking Del Rio vs Kofi match, and Rey vs Miz would be good, but Im not really interested either, although it would be very hard on them not to have them on the show.

but Raw also threw up some more potential matches, John Morrison vs R-Truth, Rey Mysterio vs The Miz, Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler vs Alex Riley.

personally i just hope they have JoMo vs Truth and A-Ri vs Ziggler, as i have no interest in another fucking Del Rio vs Kofi match, and Rey vs Miz would be good, but Im not really interested either, although it would be very hard on them not to have them on the show.

Apart from Morrison vs Truth, none of those are worth being on SummerSlam. Riley vs Ziggler is alright as a filler match I suppose, but I don't like the other two. Rey and Miz deserve better than a thrown-together "well they both need something to do" feud. Kofi vs Del Rio is one of those awful WWE feuds where they try to convince us a match is worth paying for not by coming up with a compelling storyline, but by having the same match on free TV two or three times in the month before a pay-per-view. "You know that match you've just seen on Raw the last two weeks and not given a shit about? Here it is again on Sunday. That'll be $40 or so, please."

From the various podcasts that ex-WWE writers have been doing over the last month or so, it seems like it's a ballache to get any storylines for midcard talent cleared, and they can get in trouble for even bringing it up when there's main event stuff that needs sorting out. It just seems so short-sighted. They should have some writers, even if it's just new ones doing it for the first three months, concentrate on making the X number of segments per week dedicated to the midcard interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep waiting for a thread, but nothing so far, which probably doesnt bode well for tonights PPV!

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. WWE Champion John Cena - Title vs. Title match with special referee WWE COO Triple H - World Heavyweight Champion Christian vs. Randy Orton - No Holds Barred Match

- WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix

- Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

- Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan

Not a great lineup to be fair, but another good main event on the cards?

Archived