WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

SO just because Edge says in one promo that he did it with style all you guys lick it up like little dogs? Come on, short memory span.

He was the antisocial oppertunist bastard who went over peoples back just for his own benefit.

This board is getting a bit pathetic. See ya.

So in other words you didn't see it and don't know what your talking about? Ok.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE knocked it out of the park for the 2nd straight month, fantastic PPV.

The opener was great fun. I love the odd 6-man on a PPV spawned from singles feuds as opposed to the usual other way round. Lots of good stuff in it too. Sheamus/Henry was really good and done well to make both look good, lots of good big man action and a surprising finish.

Bryan/Barrett was bloody brilliant I thought. Okay it was a pretty formulaic match in one sense but done excellently I thought. Great back and forth stuff, hard hitting and some beautifully executed stuff as well (I'm looking at you Bossman Slam and Slingshot back-breaker). Made both look good too, top stuff. No holds barred took a little while to get going but was great when it did, plenty of weapons action, especially towards the end when Orton gave Christian a right pasting which really fit well with his character. A real ouch ending too.

Main event too took a while to get going I thought but was top stuff once it did and overall was another belter from Punk and Cena. I thought the end of the match was fine and kept going the HHH tease where he's on no-one's side but things happen. I was content with a super PPV but THEN...the crowd are making noise and there's a figure getting in the ring, fuck me it's Nash! It was really shocking and out of the blue having read no he's backstage etc stuff. The Del Rio cash-in was a bit flat for me as there's a nagging part of me that can't get into Del Rio but it all added to the 'what the fuck is happening?' feeling and added more questions than answers.

So for the 2nd straight month they've had a top PPV BUT still left you wondering what the hell is going on and that I can't wait to see where this is going feeling. Good job WWE :thumbsup:

I had no interest in watching the 6 man opening tag match. I'm sure the action was fine, but its just the same faces I've seen square off over and over again with no new story. Morrison's twisting body press to the floor looked good on the replay.

I was well up for Mark Henry vs Sheamus and liked the video package. The same two guys who had earlier in the year bored me on Raw had me interested in this affair. But this was really mediocre once the match got going. Hopefully this loss in quick time won't kill the momentum Sheamus had garnered since turning face.

The live performance did nothing for me. 'Fuck you' is a fairly catchy song, but what was performed tonight wasn't.

That divas match was the typically horrendous Kelly Kelly affair. And what's worse is she won the bloody match! Whoever was booking this should have realized what a mistake it was to ever put that belt on Kelly Kelly and should have booked a fast and dominating squash for Beth Phoenix. I'm hoping in the long run that Beth Phoenix can seize this belt and bully the other divas until Kharma returns and gives out some karma. But a loss to Kelly rather tarnishes the whole thing.

Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett finally gave us something worth watching. Not as good as other Daniel Bryan outings, and it showed with the random 'CM Punk' chants. Its somewhat bizarre to be that Alberto Del Rio has been booked to be a complete silly goof and Daniel Bryan has been booked to lose 2 matches in a row to mid carders after each man respectively won their MITB.

Christian vs Orton was good. Good table spot and exciting sequence at the end to close the match. Now that Orton is champ, who can challenge him? Mark Henry. I hope not.

The main event couldn't compare to their MITB match in terms of what was at stake, and the emotions flowing out of Punk while we thought he might be having his final match. It did start to get more exciting at the end. CM Punk had some fantastic expressions. The winning GTS was a botched as well, Punk effectively hit Cena's arm. But the return of Kevin Nash was good. And Del Rio cashing in was unexpected. I was swerved. Look forward to finding out what happens next.

Archived