WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

HHH sold his bemusement/anger very well when he realised Nash had just laid out CM Punk. I guess we're going to have Steph as the anonymous GM, sending in Nash to take care of the business her father tried to before HHH got involved. Punk/HHH vs Nash/Del Rio before eventually the inevitable HHH/Punk feud.

Wouldn't mind seeing that but Del Rio's time was 4 months ago. Given how well WWE has booked it's shows this last wee while, I hold out a little hope they won't totally bury him the way they have with Ziggler, McIntyre and Miz of late.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
HHH sold his bemusement/anger very well when he realised Nash had just laid out CM Punk. I guess we're going to have Steph as the anonymous GM, sending in Nash to take care of the business her father tried to before HHH got involved. Punk/HHH vs Nash/Del Rio before eventually the inevitable HHH/Punk feud.

Wouldn't mind seeing that but that horseshit was lame ten years ago and we've all fucking moved on since.

I would sell my computer, both testicles and my anus to never see another variation/re-tread of the McMahon crap again. I pray they're not that desperate.

And Nash's appearance was awesome, granted, but I only hope it's a for-hire-by-Alberto deal rather than a Clique-reunion/explosion thing.

• Paid Members
Nash is better when he has the chance to use his natural wit. I'm not exactly relishing the thought of him in a bodyguard/hired gun role, especially if hes associated with the terminally tedious Alberto Del Rio.

So why didn't they take him on the commentary table and have Booker do special-guest-shitkickings?

• Paid Members
Nash is better when he has the chance to use his natural wit. I'm not exactly relishing the thought of him in a bodyguard/hired gun role, especially if hes associated with the terminally tedious Alberto Del Rio.

He's not nearly as terminally tedious as you going on about how terminally tedious he is.

• Paid Members
So why didn't they take him on the commentary table and have Booker do special-guest-shitkickings?

They should have.

He's not nearly as terminally tedious as you going on about how terminally tedious he is.

I only said it one other time this thread. I think he's a very, very bland character. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd be pretty surprised if people found him entertaining as a standalone character, forgetting his ring work and forgetting Ricardo.

• Paid Members

Having Booker T's laughable offence close a ppv would be just as bad as their decision to let him commentate.

There's no excuse for Booker T even being employed, at all. Unless there's plans to have a comedy supermarket skit on every week, or to set up a new department in Titan Towers dedicated to calling Hulk Hogan a nigger, the man's useless.

I can't be the only one who doesn't like Big Kev's dye job, he looked much better as a silver fox.

couldnt agree more

Somebody decided that Booker T would be better on commentary than Jim Ross. That person is a complete dick.

WWE commentary is worse than ever, they dont call the match, they talk up the build up but anyone watching the PPV knows the build up. On that note the build up video packages are getting back to a high standard.

I cant get into Del Rio at all so if Nash is with him as his bodyguard it should make him more interesting to me, I think Nash would be better in this role than having any matches. He is generally woeful in matches now, I know there's the odd good performance but they are the excetpion rather than the rule

I dont think there was a bad match on the card and didnt think they could top MITB but I think SummerSlam was better. Two great PPVs in a row, hopefully this is going to be a long term trend

• Paid Members
Ooh, MOM, you reminded me. Those plants they'd clearly had sit either side of the collapsing barricade completely ruined that segment with horrendous overacting. Cornette would have had their guts for garters.

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but the worst one was actually PWG independant wrestler Joey Ryan.

• Paid Members

Yep that was Joey Ryan, who is actually a pretty good independant wrestler so you'd think he would know what the fuck he was doing. If Jim Cornette was in attendance he would of bitch slapped the hell out of those plants.

Archived