WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair I think they wanted someone from the SD team if JR was the 3rd man then it would of been only Raw guys commentating (I know Cole works both shows but he's still mainly a Raw guy)

Meh!

They don't maintain Brand fairness most of the time, why bother with commentary?

Ross would have added even more drama to a pretty good show, Booker is just bloody awful, all the time. I can't believe they still let him go out there. It's been ages now and the bloke is a complete mess still.

• Paid Members

I'd rather have seen Punk or Cena as champion than Del Rio. Both Punk and Cena are potentially hot champions if handled correctly. But Del Rio's just friggin' dull. Take Ric-Rod away from his act and there's really nothing there. At least, not as a heel anyway. He's dull, every promo sounds the same, his ring-work's OK, but not to the point it compensates for his lack of character. A babyface turn might be what he needs to take off. It's certainly not a WWE championship run.

OK show, I'm a bit disappointed Christian didn't retain purely because I quite fancied a feud with Sheamus for him. But Orton/Henry will be great fun if and when it happens.

So they're going to turn Cena heel (which would be the biggest thing to happen in WWE in about ten years)...and rather than end the show on that cataclysmic event, they're going to have Bertie Del Rio run out waving a briefcase?

No.

Guess i don't look so silly now dammit!

Guess i don't look so silly now dammit!

Well Del Rio did cash in but a lot of people were expecting that however unless I missed something Cena didn't turn heel if anything HHH screwed him over (even if it was by accident) I think his point was to have Cena turn heel and then have Del Rio cash in taking away from that would be silly.

Well Del Rio did cash in but a lot of people were expecting that however unless I missed something Cena didn't turn heel if anything HHH screwed him over (even if it was by accident) I think his point was to have Cena turn heel and then have Del Rio cash in taking away from that would be silly.

Well i was half right which doesn't make it look as silly.

• Paid Members
Well i was half right which doesn't make it look as silly.

No, it makes you look even more silly for not getting the point in the first place and then drawing attention to it.

The issue was never about Del Rio cashing in his MITB (although personally I didn't like that) it was about something as HUGE as a Cena heel turn being followed by Del Rio cashing it in.

It was a very good video package. I'm seeing a lot less of the generic metal shit as of late with that squeaky voiced guy who does the UK tour promos. A return to more thematic video packages with epic voiceovers and black and white bits can only be a good thing.

Archived