If WWE Bought TNA

BritFan

Hogan used to go "graaaaa-AH" when he threw his big slow punches, which I infinitely prefer to slapping your thigh in terms of making them sound tough.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They looked class, but for some reason, I thought they looked a bit weak for a guy his size - like he was connecting and clearly hurting his opponent in a big way, but not as much as you'd expect a big bastard like him to do.

Hogan mostly wrestled giants or people equal to his size or people who didnt like selling (Orndorff being a prime example), so you'd rarely see someone going down off a Hogan punch. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Boss Man used to see Hogan's punches brilliantly. Speaking of the devil, The Rock sold all Hogan's offence like it was a hammer coming across his temple at WrestleMania. It always depended on who he wrestled, to be honest.

Hogan was possibly the worst kicker in the business though.

• Paid Members
Hogan mostly wrestled giants or people equal to his size or people who didnt like selling (Orndorff being a prime example), so you'd rarely see someone going down off a Hogan punch. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Boss Man used to see Hogan's punches brilliantly. Speaking of the devil, The Rock sold all Hogan's offence like it was a hammer coming across his temple at WrestleMania. It always depended on who he wrestled, to be honest.

Hogan was possibly the worst kicker in the business though.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Would a big boot not count as a kick, though?

WWF had some great punchers in the Attitude era; Austin, Rock, Triple H, Road Dogg. A golden age for fiery comebacks.

I always thought the Rocks punches were comically awful. especially when he was doing a flurry with the arms waving about wildly.

• Paid Members
Yeah, that sounds about right. Would a big boot not count as a kick, though?

Nah. Thats basically raising a foot and letting the opponent do the work. Hogan rarely used to kick, but when he did, it would look strange. He was to tall and Hogan would never stomp when he did it. It just looked odd. I've actually just watched the Boss Man selling Hogan's punches actually. When he was in his prime the Boss Man was just class. Speaking of punches, Boss Man was ridiculously good. Look at 3:33 on this video. You'd think he's actually smacking Typhoon in the chin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9k-CYVFMyA

• Paid Members

Rock's punches were awesome, not closed fist like most, perhaps half-open palm. But great nonetheless. Although bordering between a punch and a slap, at least it shut the non-wrestling fan haters up who'd say "derp he didnt even hit him with that punch". Well, Rocky did. Just listen.

• Paid Members

Is the question "who from TNA would the WWE want?" or "who from TNA would go, if offered a contract?"

If the latter, the answer is "any of them which like/need the money they would be offered would bite Vince's hand off."

By which I mean all of them, except Sting and possibly Jarrett, unless Carbomb is on the money about their reconciliation. So, everyone except Sting.

• Paid Members
Is the question "who from TNA would the WWE want?" or "who from TNA would go, if offered a contract?"

If the latter, the answer is "any of them which like/need the money they would be offered would bite Vince's hand off."

By which I mean all of them, except Sting and possibly Jarrett, unless Carbomb is on the money about their reconciliation. So, everyone except Sting.

I think it's pretty clear they mean the latter - "make the jump" implies they have the option to.

The Jarrett thing - I remember someone posted an interview with Jarrett on here a while back. Would take ages to find it, I think, but I remember reading that he and Vince get along now since Vince called to give his condolences over Jill Jarrett's death.

I think we can safely say that Bully Ray won't be seen in a WWE ring as long as Randy Orton and HHH are still employed, which is a shame because Ray's easily the best heel in the business right now.

Flair could use the money and is almost certainly still on good terms with guys like Shawn Michaels, Hunter and Orton.

Rey Mysterio isn't going to be around forever so I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of X-Division guys come aboard, AJ Styles, Alex Shelley and Austin Aries are three names which immediately spring to mind.

I'd be incredibly surprised if Bobby Roode hadn't already been approached.

Other possibilities include James Storm, Crimson, Gunner and Hernandez.

• Paid Members
Ray's easily the best heel in the business right now.
Ray's been brillaint lately, but he's not even the best heel on the show, let alone the business.

• Paid Members

I think the Dudleys would definitely return if they actually wanted to, but I imagine they'd be back as a tag team. I love the Bully Ray character, and I think he'd be a great addition to the Smackdown roster right now, but it just wouldn't happen.

Kurt Angle, assuming he's drug free, would be a shoe-in to come back, and I think they might even have a shot of bringing in Sting for a short run if there was nowhere else for the guy to go. I think the attraction of a Wrestlemania match would be enough to secure him.

I think they'd bring in Robert Roode, but I'm not completely sure they'd bring in James Storm. The two have great chemistry together, but chances are they wouldn't be playing their TNA characters anyway. The Motor City Machine Guns would probably be picked up, as would The British Invasion (or Magnus at the very least)

Samoa Joe would probably be signed, as would Matt Morgan.

On the female side of things Angelina Love and Velvey Sky look too trashy to fit in the WWE Diva roster, so I don't imagine they'd be brought in, but I think Madison Rayne would have a chance. Sarita and Rosita also look as if they'd fit in on the WWE Diva roster.

The last part of Ron Simmons post makes me think Madison Rayne would also get snapped up. If WWE purchased TNA they would also have the music library, which would be fantastic since Madison Rayne has a tremendous theme.

Magnus I would think has the goods. Smooth talker, tall and in good shape. According to his wikipidia page, last time I read it, he failed a WWE fitness test in the past.

Those would be the 2 that have received little mentions, or no mentions at all.

Archived