If WWE Bought TNA

BritFan

• Paid Members
Could say the same for Anderson refusing to go back as well. Hell I'd never go back to somewhere where I got fired for botching one move on the golden boy and getting canned for it.

Didn't Anderson bodge quite a lot though? I'm sure it wasn't just 1 move against Triple that he fucked up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Doesn't stop Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson from getting pushes, and Morgan's a better promo than them both.

Why would they want to hire someone they already fired just to put him on TV to be shit? Jackson and Ryan are green and just been put on TV, so there's possibilities for those two. Morgan's a veteran now and he's as good as he was at Survivor Series 2003. He's just shite.

• Paid Members
Morgan's only good match in his whole career was a match at Bound for Glory against Kurt Angle. And Angle had to put him in a figure four while he gasped for air. Morgan's is abysmal in the ring. He's clueless. Which is a shame, because he looks great. But what he has in look, it means little when you see how terrible he is.

I wouldn't say he's so much clueless as "doesn't have a whole clue". He clearly realises the need for character, projection/delivery, catchphrases, signature spots, selling, etc., but he just seems to have no idea as to how to put it all together in such a way as to make it work. He chooses some pretty naff catchphrases, "drops" character, sells the wrong limb or forgets to sell it at critical junctures, changes up his signature spots too often or doesn't "milk" the reaction enough before or after them, and doesn't seem to be able to put a match together that gets people into it.

It's a shame, because if he could learn to put it all together properly, he'd be a bona fide main-eventer for sure.

• Paid Members
Didn't Anderson bodge quite a lot though? I'm sure it wasn't just 1 move against Triple that he fucked up.

The botch was on Orton - he fucked up a backdrop/back suplex.

• Paid Members
Doesn't stop Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson from getting pushes, and Morgan's a better promo than them both.

Like I said, I haven't seen either for a while, but Pope doesn't appear THAT weak in his offense. Of course, megastars like Hogan, Rock and Cena were always mega crisp in their delivery.

Are you really comparing The Pope to those three great workers?! All three of those may not be the greatest technicians but they are three of the best workers ever. Very few have the timing, charisma and fire those men have.

Whether that was true at the time or not, he's been relatively botch-free since joining TNA. The only problem is he looks like this:

mranderson1.jpg

not like this any more:

mr-kennedy.jpg

EDIT: not the best pics to compare, but he is considerably less in shape than he used to be

• Paid Members
Beer Money and MCMG would be instantly brought over, probably the same for Styles and KAZ

I very much doubt they would hire Kaz. They already hired him and he made a right twit out of himself.

• Paid Members

Yeah, those aren't the worst pics you'll get of him. See him in TNA recently, he looks like he's decided that Matt Hardy's choice to get in shape has robbed the roster of a vital pudger.

At the moment, I'm finding Anderson incredibly boring. His stuff as old-school Sting was great, and it's a shame he can't keep that look permanently, 'cos it suited him to a tee. But his tweener stuff has been otherwise dull, and now that he's

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

joined Immortal and turned heel

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I couldn't care less. But that is a recent development, so maybe he'll be more watchable from this week on.

One thing I do think he does better these days is the Mike Check - he's making it look more vicious and more of an "out of nowhere" finisher.

Are you really comparing The Pope to those three great workers?! All three of those may not be the greatest technicians but they are three of the best workers ever. Very few have the timing, charisma and fire those men have.

Absolutely not, just saying that the strength of a wrestler's offence shouldn't define how successful they can be. Even as a 10 year old, I didn't buy into Rock's bitchslap punches, but he was still cool as hell. Given the right promotion, Pope also has a certain "cool" factor.

• Paid Members
Absolutely not, just saying that the strength of a wrestler's offence shouldn't define how successful they can be. Even as a 10 year old, I didn't buy into Rock's bitchslap punches, but he was still cool as hell. Given the right promotion, Pope also has a certain "cool" factor.

Rock's punches were great to look at. When I was at school, we used to love them back when we were 14/15. Everyone in our class used to do the spit on the hand when we were pretend to slap each other about in a vein attempt at humour. They were different, they were fast, he had fire doing them. The difference between Pope's punches and the Rock's punches are worlds apart. And whatever weakeness the Rock had, he was so over the fans didnt care. Pope doesnt have that. I remember Austin and Rock have a punch off at the Royal Rumble and the fans went mental.

And what you got against Hogan's punches? They looked fucking class?

• Paid Members
Rock's punches were great to look at. When I was at school, we used to love them back when we were 14/15. Everyone in our class used to do the spit on the hand when we were pretend to slap each other about in a vein attempt at humour. They were different, they were fast, he had fire doing them. The difference between Pope's punches and the Rock's punches are worlds apart. And whatever weakeness the Rock had, he was so over the fans didnt care. Pope doesnt have that. I remember Austin and Rock have a punch off at the Royal Rumble and the fans went mental.

Pretty much this. The Pope does those shit 'Dusty' elbows and it looks like he's stamping the canvas harder with his feet than he is hitting his opponent.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Rock. I loved the guy then and still do, but always thought his punches were hokey as hell.

On Hogan, his punches were strong looking enough, but always so slow, especially, as you brought up, compared to guys like the Rock, and a better example for me is Austin, whose strikes were fairly quick and looked good and impactful. Much more realism, whereas I couldn't help but bust out laughing at the bumps people took from Rock's spit punch, a good few years before the Internet and forums for me.

• Paid Members

For me, the best punches ever are Bret's, Triple H's, and Jerry Lawler's. The Rock's were awesome too.

Not a fan of Austin's, simply because the frequency with which he hit them made them look a bit weak individually, like he had to hit a whole load of them to achieve the same effect in a flurry that Triple H would get with a couple.

They looked class, but for some reason, I thought they looked a bit weak for a guy his size - like he was connecting and clearly hurting his opponent in a big way, but not as much as you'd expect a big bastard like him to do.

Archived