If WWE Bought TNA

BritFan

We all know in 2001, WWE purchased WCW. A few guys made the jump when others didn't.

In 2011; if WWE purchased TNA, who do you think would make the jump and run with WWE and who do you think wouldn't?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Only person I can say with any kind of certainty wouldn't make the jump would be Sting; he seems to be resistant to even the prospect of a Legends contract.

• Paid Members
I don't think Jeff Jarrett would either.

Nah, from the recent reports, he and McMahon buried the hatchet a while back - said that apparently Vince called him up when his wife died, and they've been cool with each other ever since.

Kurt Angle is obvious... WWE don't hesitate to mention him or include him in DVDs or video packages. AJ Styles would probably get a chance given the good will and resume he's built in TNA. They'd take Jeff Hardy in a heartbeat if his legal issues weren't happening, plus he left of his own accord. As for more homegrown talent, Pope, Morgan and Beer Money (Burke and Morgan were nobodies in WWE, come on).

• Paid Members

Dudleys wouldn't jump; doesn't HHH hate Bubba and pretty much right back at him as well.

Could say the same for Anderson refusing to go back as well. Hell I'd never go back to somewhere where I got fired for botching one move on the golden boy and getting canned for it.

Steiner wouldn't jump if it's anything like his last run and I feel that Brain Kendrick wouldn't be allowed back in (wasn't his shoot with London pretty bad towards Vince or something?)

Can see most the X Division not being allowed to make the jump as well, WWE has no interest in a cruiserweight division so they'd just be Superstars fodder.

Beer Money and MCMG would be instantly brought over, probably the same for Styles and KAZ who could easily fit into the United States division as their both bigger than most X Guys.

Dinero would probably make for a decent heel, guy had so much untapped potential, can't work out where it keeps going wrong for him.

Velvet Sky and Miss Tessmacher would be brought in, just for their arse's purely. Not like WWE is openly promoting their women's division these days with any decency.

• Paid Members

Pope's not all that bad. He just doesn't seem to be able to develop past a certain stage (midcard, upper mid). He's charismatic, has a good look, a decent catchphrase, and his work, whilst not great, can be solid when he's motivated.

I still don't know why they de-pushed him and turned him heel - it just wasn't necessary.

What are they now then? They are in an even worse position now. Back then they were young and had potential. These two arent going to get any better.

I haven't watched in a while, but Pope was getting Rock comparisons for his promos and Morgan was really improving and had some solid bouts with Kurt Angle last time I watched. Just because they're getting older there's no scope for improvement or a push? They're hardly geriatrics and have at the very least improved since their forgettable runs in WWE (although I always liked Burke, he just never got support from management after the New Breed).

• Paid Members

I do think its the motivation thing, at times he was on fire in TNA, hell didn't he get a world title shot at Lockdown a year or so back?

But watching the Joe fued with him was just painful, he just seemed so bored and phoning it in all the time. Hoping this D-Von thing goes somewhere to make him watchable again.

I actually hope he gets a decent run in the BFG series, would be pretty awesome.

• Paid Members
Morgan was really improving and had some solid bouts with Kurt Angle last time I watched.

Morgan's only good match in his whole career was a match at Bound for Glory against Kurt Angle. And Angle had to put him in a figure four while he gasped for air. Morgan's is abysmal in the ring. He's clueless. Which is a shame, because he looks great. But what he has in look, it means little when you see how terrible he is.

Just because they're getting older there's no scope for improvement or a push?

Never said that was the reason. But if WWE saw anything in either of them, they'd be under contract. Pope's a good promo, but WWE knew this when he was there. And they got rid. I like the Pope, but he's so hit and miss.

• Paid Members
I haven't watched in a while, but Pope was getting Rock comparisons for his promos and Morgan was really improving and had some solid bouts with Kurt Angle last time I watched. Just because they're getting older there's no scope for improvement or a push? They're hardly geriatrics and have at the very least improved since their forgettable runs in WWE (although I always liked Burke, he just never got support from management after the New Breed).

Morgan was carried by Angle. It's the only time he has looked like a somebody in the ring. But Kurt Angle can drag a good match out of anybody.

The Pope is all talk and no action. He looks and talks like a superstar but (to quote Kevin Nash) "his offense looks as weak as Trish Stratus'". Apparently he's a cock too, hence why TNA stopped pushing him as a main eventer.

Morgan's only good match in his whole career was a match at Bound for Glory against Kurt Angle. And Angle had to put him in a figure four while he gasped for air. Morgan's is abysmal in the ring. He's clueless. Which is a shame, because he looks great. But what he has in look, it means little when you see how terrible he is.

Doesn't stop Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson from getting pushes, and Morgan's a better promo than them both.

Like I said, I haven't seen either for a while, but Pope doesn't appear THAT weak in his offense. Of course, megastars like Hogan, Rock and Cena were always mega crisp in their delivery.

Archived