Raw Discussion Thread 11/7/11

IANdrewDiceClay

I loved both segments with Punk. The second one felt utterly surreal, as if it wasn't happening. It felt like CM Punk was suddenly babyface and that everyone in the crowd agreed that the last five years in WWE has been shite. The fact that in the storyline Vince apologised, I found that crazy. It has to be a turn for the better in WWE, I just hope they don't screw it up.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I am excited for the fact that punk is making straight edge cool.

Isnt that against the meaning of being "straight edge"? The fact that your lifestyle is lived in spite of peoples opinions. Being straight edge because its cool is missing the point surely?

• Awards Moderator

I don't think anyone's going to say anything about Punk that hasn't already been said. He was superb; the 'one of the things WWE gets in the news for is people dying' was a genuine moment of 'did he just say that?'. Even some of the crowd didn't know how to react. He was brilliant throughout both segments and even if McMahon and Cena hadn't also been on form, it would of been good. But as it was, all three were fantastic.

Oh and Mark Henry looked like a fat kid throwing himself in to a ball pool. I couldn't stop laughing at it.

henrylunge-o.gif

• Paid Members
Isnt that against the meaning of being "straight edge"? The fact that your lifestyle is lived in spite of peoples opinions. Being straight edge because its cool is missing the point surely?

plus he's not making straight edge cool. It's not come into the feud at all.

I'm straight edge myself I don't do it to be cool -different or anything like that I do it because I just don't want to drink booze smoke or take drugs up until a few years ago I didn't even know there was a word for it.

• Paid Members
I'm straight edge myself I don't do it to be cool -different or anything like that I do it because I just don't want to drink booze smoke or take drugs up until a few years ago I didn't even know there was a word for it.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a difference between being straight edge and being tee total

to be honest until i saw the straight edge society i was the same. didnt know there was a word for it. Just doing what i want and not succumbing to peer pressure etc.

• Paid Members
Yeah Tee Total can still smoke or take drugs

Ok, not what I meant. I have a feeling that not smoking, doing drugs, or drinking is not al it takes to be straight edge.

do you actually call your self straight edge? Just whats wrong with say you just dont drink and do drugs

I've just watched the two segments from Monday and am I the only one who immediately thought of a Corporate-Rock style heel (re-heel?) turn for Punk at the PPV? Vince helps Punk to win the belt and reveals he re-signed Punk during the week on the guarantee he would be champion. Punk comes out all suited up the next night as the ultimate hypocrite and the same fans who just found their "voice" are outraged that their saviour has been corrupted and Cena's been screwed so there's your rematch for next month.

*EDIT*

That is of course if Punk isn't actually leaving. These Punk segments and the Rock's initial return are the only segments I've watched this year so I've not been following things too closely.

Archived