Raw Discussion Thread 11/7/11

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Raw was class. I loved the opening segment. CM Punk was super over as expected. The bloke's just pissing stardom at the minute. Its one thing being a good promo. Plenty of people are good on the mic. Its another thing to carry yourself that well, and he did that all night. Glad they acknowledged the fact he was fired and never left a few months ago. At least they aren’t hiding the fact the fired stipulation is probably hokey. Plenty of shoot type quotes which didn’t go over any ones head. A negotiation storyline is quite interesting. Really liked it. Cena was excellent I thought. Came across as deadly serious, and he was spot on. He didn’t even come across like real when he was feuding with Nexus. Hopefully we’ll see more of that in 2012 against the Rock. I love the stretching of the PG rating every once and a while. Its how wrestling should be. If they did that angle in 2006, it would have been just another one of those “I’m coming to kick your ass” style promos. It heightens the shock value when wrestlers get all serious after the way they do their programming these days. CM Punk is over isn’t he? Christ. The fans seem to really love him at the minute. The whole building was rocking. Punk turned full on face, which was clever. He's going to be a face on Sunday anyway. The end segment was class. CM Punk's promo was better than the one the other week. He was class. He was funny as fuck as well. Referencing Ice Cream Bars and doing Vince's commentary voice was brilliant. His tash is great. Looking forward to the PPV.

In other news, I thought Mark Henry died and Kelly Kelly sells as if he's getting it up the biffer from Ahmed Johnson.

EDIT:

trend.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Raw (and CM Punk in particular) sound absolutely shit hot. Looking forward to watching it tonight when I get in from work. I've booked next monday off too so I can watch MITB on the Sunday. Really hope they don't fuck this one up.

The WWE really has something white hot in this feud. This could end up being one of those all-time angles everyone remembers forever.

Vince, Cena and especially Punk were all fantastic on the mic tonight. Even Cena's terrible jokes worked because they made the kids laugh and pissed off everyone cheering Punk. I am still in awe we had chants for Ice Cream bars and Colt Cabana on Raw. Cole losing it when Punk busted out "what a maneuver" was hilarious too.

The sports stuff at the end was a little too US-centric for me but it worked for the live crowd. If they set up a good match for the PPV, which I have faith they will, we certainly have something special on our hands. That Chicago crowd should be going nuclear for the main.

Whilst I am absolutely convinced that he's staying, if i'm wrong and he's not they should absolutely throw everything they've got it at him to at least stay until Summerslam. It'd be such a damp squib to go from this on a second tier PPV, to something that's never going to match up on one of the biggest shows of the year.

Cena did his best to ruin that last segment with the weird 'dog peeing on a face' stuff, but CM Punk stopped me from losing interest. I'm not even a Cena hater but there had to be a time during that when McMahon thought, 'perhaps i've lined up behind the wrong guy'...no, that's stupid, but they're should have been.

Also, getting McMahon to apologise for abandoning professional wrestling was an absolute master stroke.

Hope McIntyre is okay after that chokeslam off the stage. Just watched it again and the ref who was checking on him actually made the X sign. The poor bastard totally missed the safety mat. Seemed like he collided with what appeared to be some kind of lighting apparatus on the way down too.

It sounds like Punk, who I feel is always on a good game, is sublime at the moment.

He is such a great talent that at the Morning Madness this year I was tempted to shout "Raaaaannnnnndaaaaalllll" at Orton; thankfully I realised that would make me as scummy and low as the "this is awesome" homeboys :rolleyes:

Seriously though, sounds like great stuff and Cena is also contributing to it all in a really meaningful way (I do believe he could kill this, and any other angle/promo, quite easily with one cheesy smirk).

Did anyone else notice Mark Henry and Big Show laughing their asses off after that stage bump?

What can I say about CM Punk that hasn't already been said? He's absolutely fantastic and the fact that he got a bigger and better reaction than hometown Cena says more than words ever could, CM Punk is the fucking man and Vince was phenomenal too, Cena was on the verge of ruining it with his stupid "poo poo pee pee" routine but luckily Punk cut him off mid sentence and saved the day as usual. I think the only thing that could have made the segment perfect would be for Punk to acknowledge that the crowd is hanging on his every word because they can't relate to Cena anymore, he kinda implied it, but unless you're familiar with American sports it'd go right over most peoples heads.

It's all about CM Punk now. Other stuff happened on Raw too, but let's face it, none of that really matters anyway.

By god CM Punk was absolute amazing last night. Just got round to watching it but all i can say is i really cannot wait for Sunday.

Archived