Raw Discussion Thread 11/7/11

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

As far as a one-off show (rather than a long-term pattern) goes, I'd rather have a show do a 2.9 and do a great job of hyping a PPV than a 3.4 that does nothing to get you excited. It's not like the people who skipped the show or turned off midway through this week are ever going to spend money on the product anyway.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk is on fire at the moment! His promos alone are making me watch MITB even though I'm in work at 9am Monday morning. I'm really looking forward to it.

However, call me cynical, but I have a hard time believing WWE are willing to lose their title and their biggest star by allowing Punk to go over.

I'm past the point of hoping SuperCena doesn't kill the competition as usual. I fear for the worst.

I can't remember the last time I was genuinely looking forward to a PPV based on the overall card rather than just one or two matches I was kind of looking forward to. Obviously due to the awesomeness of Punk and the hopefull unpredictability of what will happen I just can't wait to watch the bell ring for this match and I can just imagine me reverting back to how it was when I was a little kid shouting at the TV and genuinely cheering on Punk. The two Money in the Bank matches look great, but matches like that usually don't disappoint anyway. Orton and Christian looks interesting too and again it's unpredictable, even Big Show and Mark Henry could turn out to be a good one after their bump on Raw this week. The only match I guess that may not be amazing is the divas match but that probably won't go more than ten minutes anyway. But yeah without Punk's build up promos to this PPV I don't think I'd be nearly as excited as I am right now, the card looks solid but Punk must be the real selling point for a lot of people.

Archived