UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Tito's there because of his name and the story that goes with it. If Ortiz hadn't fought Bader i doubt very little that they would have called on him to take this fight, but when you throw in the Bader fight and the fan adjulation he's gotten since it makes perfect sense to put him in there.

Initially i was thinking Tito had a decent shot, but ive changed my stance and believe Evans is going to smash him now. You can't take much from the Bader fight, it was a great finish but i don't think Tito answered any of the questions that people still have of him. I just think if Rashad doesn't suffer from some kind of ring rust he should run through Ortiz fairly easily. Compared to when they first fought i'd say Evans has improved massively and Ortiz is at the same level or worse. I just don't see how Tito can win it.

As for Rivera, i think it's gonna be a bad night for him. It's never good when you hear a fighter saying if he loses he'll probably retire. It makes me believe that Rivera might be doing this for one last pay day, the guy has a goal of setting up a gym so im seeing this as him cashing one last cheque. Rivera's a fighter though so once he gets in there and gets dragged into a scrap it might end up fun.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I've decided the most hilarious thing in the world would be for Tito to win, so I'll be pulling for him. Important news, I think you'll all agree. Really though, in fights where I'm not super fussed about the guys involved one way or another, always plump for what makes the best story. Tito's comeback would beat "Rashad wins like everyone thinks, does boring interview, tweaks nips."

Although, Tito's "comeback" lasting all of a month and him getting KTFO would be pretty hilarious too. Decisions, decisions.

Is there any particular reason for this?

When they announced the original deal with Spike, it wasn't to show the Prelims for every show, it just turns out we've been lucky with getting a lot of the prelims of late. You have to remember that getting to see the Prelims is a bonus that we haven't always had, and won't always get on ESPN

• Paid Members
When they announced the original deal with Spike, it wasn't to show the Prelims for every show, it just turns out we've been lucky with getting a lot of the prelims of late. You have to remember that getting to see the Prelims is a bonus that we haven't always had, and won't always get on ESPN

I was under the impression that the 133 Prelims are being shown on Spike in the USA, but not on ESPN over here.

Archived