UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

right this is what i would do based on the guys already in the picture:

Evans vs. Franklin - Franklin's on a bit of a skid but he's a marquee name regardless.

Lil Nog vs. Matyushenko - this could sit happily mid-card, plus it's a rubber match as they are 1-1. Matyushenko has been lobbying for it too.

Gustaffson will have to sit out or bring in a late replacement.

Move either Ebersole/Hallman or Pierce/Hendricks to the Spike broadcast.

right this is what i would do based on the guys already in the picture:

Evans vs. Franklin - Franklin's on a bit of a skid but he's a marquee name regardless.

Lil Nog vs. Matyushenko - this could sit happily mid-card, plus it's a rubber match as they are 1-1. Matyushenko has been lobbying for it too.

Gustaffson will have to sit out or bring in a late replacement.

Move either Ebersole/Hallman or Pierce/Hendricks to the Spike broadcast.

Good idea actually, hope they do that.

• Paid Members

Rich Franklin at this point is like the highest level gatekeeper ever. Id love to see Rich take a step down, fight some up and comers and perhaps go on another legit. run but he just seems to be getting random fights against big names. Obviously a win over Rashad would put him in a great spot, but i see Rashad winning it and Franklin continuing on his aimless run.

He'll probably get KTFO in under a minute, but still.

And I'm way more interested in that fight than I was Rashad vs. the Human Triangle.

Fuck yeah

I'm thinking this has a shot of being a pretty good fight. Evans hasnt fought in a while and now he has a really pumped up guy coming from a big win. I dont know, nobody gave him a chance against Bader.

From MMAJunkie.com:

According to UFC president Dana White, Tito Ortiz wasn't the only light heavyweight to have a recent change of heart.

White today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Lyoto Machida initially agreed to replace Phil Davis and fight Rashad Evans at UFC 133 before balking and demanding "Anderson Silva money" to step in on short notice.

Instead, Tito Ortiz agreed to take the bout, and White said he earned himself a reprieve

• Paid Members
He'll probably get KTFO in under a minute, but still.

And I'm way more interested in that fight than I was Rashad vs. the Human Triangle.

Point me to the last time Tito got KTFO if there is 1 thing he has its a hard head. Rashard on the other hand, it's a good match up for Tito he could do a Leben and be right there for a shot if he wins this next 1.

• Paid Members

Everyone seems to be forgetting that if it wasn't for a point deduction Tito would have beaten Rashad in their first fight a couple of years back. I need to revisit that fight.

• Paid Members

I'm well pleased with Rashad/Tito 2.

Like I said, unfinished business. This rematch was meant to happen back at UFC 78 for fucks sake. With Tito dropping off the scene and Rashad becoming one of the top 2-3 LHW's it looked like this rematch would never happen. Tito's win over Bader was a godsend for this PPV in hindsight.

I love Rashad and I'm not a Tito fan but I must admit it would be pretty cool if Tito somehow wins and gets one last crack at the title. Even though Jones would give Tito a worse hammering than Jenna's minge it would still be a hell of a story.

I'm hoping Rashad wins this though. There's been too much shit gone on for Jones/Evans not to happen. Even if Rampage beats Jones it sets up Rashad vs Rampage 2. Grudge match either way.

• Paid Members
Everyone seems to be forgetting that if it wasn't for a point deduction Tito would have beaten Rashad in their first fight a couple of years back. I need to revisit that fight.

Yeah Tito/Rashad 1 was super close. Tito looked really good to me in that fight which is one reason I always wanted to see a rematch.

I remember thinking Tito got the better of most of that fight with or without the point deduction. I'll have to rewatch it to refresh my memory but I don't recall Rashad doing much at all apart from one big slam near the end of the fight.

Archived