UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

I was under the impression that the 133 Prelims are being shown on Spike in the USA, but not on ESPN over here.

Maybe, I haven't checked or heard anything, but the point still stands, getting the Prelims on ESPN before the main card is still a bonus, but we've been so lucky as of late that almost all of them have been shown, that people seem to think it is ESPN's responsibility to air the prelims for every show now

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, I haven't checked or heard anything, but the point still stands, getting the Prelims on ESPN before the main card is still a bonus, but we've been so lucky as of late that almost all of them have been shown, that people seem to think it is ESPN's responsibility to air the prelims for every show now

I'm not sure why you say it is a bonus. Before UFC 132 we got every prelim show that was shown in the states. We just got exactly the same as them, hence this surely would be expected going forward.

I'm not sure why you say it is a bonus. Before UFC 132 we got every prelim show that was shown in the states. We just got exactly the same as them, hence this surely would be expected going forward.

It wasn't exactly the same as them because we got prelims & main show for free, they got prelims for free and main show was ppv.

I think getting the main cards for free over here is enough to make anything on top of that a bonus.

The countdown show is very good, would recommend anyone to download before watching the event on Saturday.

Tito is so confident in front of the camera and Rashad isnt bad himself. Cant wait for Saturday, my heart says Tito but my head says Rashad, I dont actually think the undercard is that bad either.

• Paid Members

Given the changes this card's been through I'm really excited for this weekend. Rashad's one of my favourites so I wont be betting against him, I think he's going to pretty much dominate Tito, just take him down, squash him against the cage & beat on him. Think I'm gonna stick a tenner on Evans, Belfort & Philippou, hopefully get some money back after Robbie 'bitchass' Lawler stopped me from winning

The countdown show is very good, would recommend anyone to download before watching the event on Saturday.

Tito is so confident in front of the camera and Rashad isnt bad himself. Cant wait for Saturday, my heart says Tito but my head says Rashad, I dont actually think the undercard is that bad either.

Fuck downloading it, its on UFC.com

Do we get the prelims for every fight card? No, as I said, we've just been very lucky that the last 10+ shows we have got the prelims over here, but a year or so ago we didn't get any prelims, we got the countdown show right before the show started

Do we get the prelims for every fight card? No, as I said, we've just been very lucky that the last 10+ shows we have got the prelims over here, but a year or so ago we didn't get any prelims, we got the countdown show right before the show started

We have got prelims for every fight card that the US have got, yes. We haven't been lucky at all we have just had the same as the US have had. They didn't get any a year ago either.

We have got prelims for every fight card that the US have got, yes. We haven't been lucky at all we have just had the same as the US have had. They didn't get any a year ago either.

We're not in the US though. They pay $45 for every show, we don't.

We're not in the US though. They pay $45 for every show, we don't.

I understand that, but you were making it out as if we just started getting prelims randomly out of good faith from ESPN which is not the case, ESPN signed a contract with the UFC the same time as Spike did to show them. Spike have re-negotiated their contract to show a larger amount of prelims and ufc/espn said they will also do this and have it sorted for UFC 133, which obviously has not happened.

No, the point is they are a bonus. Originally nobody got to see the Prelims unless they aired inbetween fights due to an early stoppage or if you were there in person. We've been lucky that they have started airing the prelims in recent times and now people are taking them being on ESPN for granted, which isn't the case, as proven by UFC 132 and UFC 133, where neither shows prelims are on ESPN. Yes, they are available on the UFC website and some are available on Facebook, but these are bonuses that UFC provide to the fans that shouldn't be taken for granted as it may not always be the case

No, the point is they are a bonus. Originally nobody got to see the Prelims unless they aired inbetween fights due to an early stoppage or if you were there in person. We've been lucky that they have started airing the prelims in recent times and now people are taking them being on ESPN for granted, which isn't the case, as proven by UFC 132 and UFC 133, where neither shows prelims are on ESPN. Yes, they are available on the UFC website and some are available on Facebook, but these are bonuses that UFC provide to the fans that shouldn't be taken for granted as it may not always be the case

People don't complain if we don't get them here if they are not shown in the US, but we have got 100% of prelims shown when they have also been on Spike, so of course people are going to find it strange when with no real explanation we suddenly don't get two in a row which are being shown in the US.

We got the UFC 127 prelims when Ross Pearson was fighting in Australia even though it wasn't on Spike. Just because the American's get it doesn't give us a god given right to view it you know

We got the UFC 127 prelims when Ross Pearson was fighting in Australia even though it wasn't on Spike. Just because the American's get it doesn't give us a god given right to view it you know

They were still aired in the US though. As I said we have got every prelim show which aired in the US. Also other countries have still got the prelims for 132 & will for 133, eg Australia and others. We are the only ones to suddenly miss out.

Archived