UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think Gustaffson's gonna put a beating on Hamill. Unless Hamill makes it a wrestling match (which he doesn't usuall) he's going to get picked apart.

Gustafsson looked really good against Diabate back at 120, so It'll be interesting to see how he does against Hamill. I think the guy will be a star within a couple of years so I've got him to take Hamill here.

Had a little bet.

Your selections UFC Matches Vitor Belfort v Yoshihiro Akiyama

07-08-2011 02:40

Match Betting

Vitor Belfort @ 1.30

UFC Matches Brian Ebersole v Dennis Hallman

07-08-2011 02:05

Match Betting

Dennis Hallman @ 1.72

UFC Matches Mike Pyle v Rory Macdonald

07-08-2011 01:35

Match Betting

Rory Macdonald @ 1.33

UFC Matches Alexander Gustafsson v Matt Hamill

07-08-2011 01:15

Match Betting

Matt Hamill @ 2.50

UFC Matches Mike Brown v Nami Phan

06-08-2011 23:15

Match Betting

Mike Brown @ 1.40

Comes in at just under 10/1. I'm surprised at Hamill's odds. I know he didn't look good in the Rampage fight, I still think he'll take this one though. Decided to stay away from the Evans/Ortiz match.

I went for the same except I also threw a Rashad win in as well.

Has anyone ever used a ps3 to watch Facebook prelims? I'd like to watch them on my tv because my laptop is a piece of shit, but couldn't get it to work through the browser last time. will it work? is there anything i could be doing wrong?

Has anyone ever used a ps3 to watch Facebook prelims? I'd like to watch them on my tv because my laptop is a piece of shit, but couldn't get it to work through the browser last time. will it work? is there anything i could be doing wrong?

I'd imagine it wouldn't work on Facebook, a very select few video streams work on PS3.

*Aimed at Richie* Disappointment? It was a very good show with lots of finishes.

Sucks to see Tito lose but he put in a very good performance. I was on the edge of my seat shouting when he had the guillotine set in :p , so much better of a fight than it would've been had Davis still fought.

Vitor showed again why he is my all-time favourite fighter, most dangerous hands in the sport.

Good show overall, every single fight (bar the Mendes fight) on the entire card was good to watch.

P.S. Thank God there wasn't a wardrobe malfunction in the Hallman/Ebersole fight! Dana has already said he is banning anyone wearing such attire after this show. :laugh:

• Paid Members

thought it was a so-so night in terms of actual fight quality, but there was some tremendous performances and finishes.

* Ortiz/Evans was fight of the night, exciting two rounds. Gotta give all the credit in the world to Ortiz, he went for it. He started strong but it seemed that as soon as Rashad hit that flurry against the cage and the slam Ortiz was done, it seemed to demoralise him. Evans looked great despite a 14 month lay off. UFC's onto a winner whoever wins the Rampage/Jones fight. That knee to the chest was brual.

* Speaking to brutal, Brian Ebersole's ground and pound was some nasty shit. Ebersole will probably go down as the surprise package of the year, the guy looks legit. Hallman's speedo's though :confused:

* Belfort killed Sexyama, it pained me to see it but i kinda expected it. Akiyama has stood in there with some good fighters but there are very few people who can stand in front of Belfort and take his shots. Belfort is arguably the best finisher in MMA and he showed why again. I'd love to see Akiyama get 1 more fight, if Hardy got one he should but it might be the end of him.

* Rory MacDonald looked spectacular against Mike Pyle. I think a couple of people were expecting another Hathaway situation but Rory wasn't having anything to do with that. I think they are going to through him in with one of the big dogs next, and i think he's ready.

Im pretty gutted that i didn't drop some money, i predicted everything other than the Hallman/Ebersole fight, i thought perhaps Hallman was going to use his experience to beat Ebersole and maybe expose some weakness in his game but i was wrong about that.

Archived