UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

I really enjoyed the main card fights. MacDonald and Gustafsson looked good, both could be around for a long time. I thought Pyle would give MacDonald real problems, but it never happened. Two of my favourite fighters Belfort and Evans won impressively, so I was happy with that. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Brian Ebersole as well, he's looked great in both of his UFC fights.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the show I have to admit to finding it funny how Rogan and Goldberg kept going on about Akiyamas 100% takedown defence record because he maintained it in spite of the result.... Belfort was never going to go for a takedown in that fight, he was always going to just try and knock him the fuck out!

After watching the show I have to admit to finding it funny how Rogan and Goldberg kept going on about Akiyamas 100% takedown defence record because he maintained it in spite of the result.... Belfort was never going to go for a takedown in that fight, he was always going to just try and knock him the fuck out!

That was ridiculous as no-one has ever tried to take him down. He has fought Belcher, Leben and Bisping, put him against a wrestler and he will be taken down for sure.

• Paid Members
That was ridiculous as no-one has ever tried to take him down. He has fought Belcher, Leben and Bisping, put him against a wrestler and he will be taken down for sure.

Bisping went for takedowns. Officially. In reality he wasn't actually trying to, but there we are.

Archived