TNA/Impact Wrestling Maximum Impact 2012 Tour Discussion

dangerously420

Going to need to face the reality here that Scotland is not going to be one of the future announced dates added later in the year. The Braehead Arena for TNA was able to hold 4000 spectators this January. The event drew 2500 and did not sell out. The tour organisers after the tour in January probably sat down looked at the figures and saw that Glasgow did not do well for business.

I was thinking on a way that a viable option could be presented to TNA's UK Tour management to bring TNA to Scotland. The Braehead Arena much like any other arena attracts an expensive price tag to hire based on the name value the venue brings and the facilities it can offer promoters.

Based on TNA drawing 2500 in January of this year I would recommend that they move venue from Braehead Arena to The Kelvin Hall sports arena in Glasgow city centre. The capacity for a wrestling show like TNA is 2500 and The Kelvin Hall has name value and prestige much like Braehead Arena. The Kelvin Hall for rent for the night is approx 55 to 60 percent cheaper than Braehead Arena.

You have to remember that people from the US look on the UK a tad differently than we do. We view Scotland as a country, and a long way from places like London whilst they probably view it as the equivalent of a US state (if that), and most US fans see no issue with travelling across state for a show.

Also, why would they want to hold a show in a smaller venue in Glasgow when they can hit a new city somewhere else and more than likely double their ticket sales?

The option is there for those who wish to travel from Glasgow to another UK show, isn't it? I'm sure there'll be buses and so forth available.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to need to face the reality here that Scotland is not going to be one of the future announced dates added later in the year. The Braehead Arena for TNA was able to hold 4000 spectators this January. The event drew 2500 and did not sell out. The tour organisers after the tour in January probably sat down looked at the figures and saw that Glasgow did not do well for business.

I was thinking on a way that a viable option could be presented to TNA's UK Tour management to bring TNA to Scotland. The Braehead Arena much like any other arena attracts an expensive price tag to hire based on the name value the venue brings and the facilities it can offer promoters.

Based on TNA drawing 2500 in January of this year I would recommend that they move venue from Braehead Arena to The Kelvin Hall sports arena in Glasgow city centre. The capacity for a wrestling show like TNA is 2500 and The Kelvin Hall has name value and prestige much like Braehead Arena. The Kelvin Hall for rent for the night is approx 55 to 60 percent cheaper than Braehead Arena.

You have to remember that people from the US look on the UK a tad differently than we do. We view Scotland as a country, and a long way from places like London whilst they probably view it as the equivalent of a US state (if that), and most US fans see no issue with travelling across state for a show.

Also, why would they want to hold a show in a smaller venue in Glasgow when they can hit a new city somewhere else and more than likely double their ticket sales?

The option is there for those who wish to travel from Glasgow to another UK show, isn't it? I'm sure there'll be buses and so forth available.

TNA have went as far as even arranging a "bus/ticket" package for various UK cities that do not have a show, including Glasgow.

I'd say your US state analogy is spot on - I'd suggest a promoter would view a UK tour the same as a Florida tour - you might have shows in Miami, Orlando and Tampa on one run, then the next with shows in just Miami and Tampa with the peace of mind that folk in Orlando can easily travel to Tampa if they're keen to attend.

• Paid Members

Well I bit the bullet and booked some tickets for the Manchester show a couple of weeks ago. Got the front row of the stands (so behind the ringside floor seating) so not too bad considering I left it a while I suppose.

So yeah... STING!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be TNA like to treat their brand new customers like royalty and treat their loyal customers like crap. TNA is debuting in Belguim in January 2012. The Belgians have the chance to have VIP Platinum Package for

• Paid Members
It seems to be TNA like to treat their brand new customers like royalty and treat their loyal customers like crap. TNA is debuting in Belguim in January 2012. The Belgians have the chance to have VIP Platinum Package for

To me it seems like TNA know they have the UK market in their back pocket

Tickets have been on sale for about a month now, and you can still purchase a 5th row ticket for Manchester. As such I think anyone in TNA would be hardpressed to consider they have the UK market in their back pocket.

Come on Dangerously, surely you can't grudge Belgium some treatment? I know you're feeling let down that Dixie is giving your area a bodyswerve, but let's try to keep things in perspective, eh?

We have bought the front row tickets for Wembley. You can understand that we are visibly annoyed that people in another country who are seeing the same show for same price or depending on the exchange rate slightly less get extras such as private bar with a complimentary drink, meet and greets with a free programme. It is just not fair and not right. I wish I could contact UK tour organisers to air my grievance.

• Paid Members
We have bought the front row tickets for Wembley. You can understand that we are visibly annoyed that people in another country who are seeing the same show for same price or depending on the exchange rate slightly less get extras such as private bar with a complimentary drink, meet and greets with a free programme. It is just not fair and not right. I wish I could contact UK tour organisers to air my grievance.

Lots of businesses will offer different offers/promotions on their products depending on the market. TNA is established in the UK but maybe they don't sell the same number of tickets in Belgium?

How much were the VIP tickets on the very first UK tour TNA ran?

Unless they were significantly more than

Archived