Christopher Daniels...

rocky64

I do have to laugh at the argument that he's shit because he's been presented as shit for years. "Daniels is rubbish, he lost to val venis, but takers beaten everyone" it's roughly akin to saying pacino's shit cos he jobbed at the end of Scarface. The art's not really in how many people you do or don't go over, it's in the enjoyment of the matches.

Now, as richie freebird rightly pointed out, there's a market for finisher rific head dropping splendour with less selling and more high spots. And that's ok, and ol daniels fits into it rather well. And will do fine at keeping alot of the loyal fans happy (which is good, because keeping your loyal fans happy helps you to operate as a company) but he'll never reach the level of someone who can do the flashy shit and do all that story telling wonder some people like.

Really, if you think he's the best in the world, or if you think he's utterly shit, you don't really understand the business, and talking like you do makes you a moron.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Flair said it best when he said "Who was that pissant? I'm a wrestling gopd, I don't even know who he is. AJ Styles best friend? He weighed 140lbs"

Well considering Daniels weighs more than 140lbs, he didn't really say it best did he.

What a sarcastic little wanker.

I think Flair said it best when he said "Who was that pissant? I'm a wrestling gopd, I don't even know who he is. AJ Styles best friend? He weighed 140lbs"

Well considering Daniels weighs more than 140lbs, he didn't really say it best did he.

Hit a nerve have I? I suppose I was being a bit careless using sarcasm on UKFF of all places.

By the way, just seen you recommended the Taker-Hunter match yet you can't stand spot monkeys - care to tell me what the hell these two old twats did in the ring just 2 nights ago?

I lose faith with this board everytime I come on here. I can't beleive some of the oiks on here are comparing Christopher Daniels and the Undertaker.

I remember Mick Foley saying in his first book he'd feel sorry for the likes of Taka Michinouku who'd hoy himself over the ropes thirty times a night to no reaction whereas Undertaker does his leap over the top rope once and the place pops like mad and everyone goes home talking about it. That's the difference.

Undertaker was main eventing WWF PPVs Daniels was getting beat off Too Much and Flash Flanagan on Shotgun Challenge. Taker's got more airtime then Daniels has got showertime.

Hit a nerve have I? I suppose I was being a bit careless using sarcasm on UKFF of all places.

sarcasm-detector.jpg

• Paid Members
I do have to laugh at the argument that he's shit because he's been presented as shit for years. "Daniels is rubbish, he lost to val venis, but takers beaten everyone" it's roughly akin to saying pacino's shit cos he jobbed at the end of Scarface. The art's not really in how many people you do or don't go over, it's in the enjoyment of the matches.

That isn't what I said. I was merely defending the Deadman's choice to wear eyeliner and how he manages to pull it off without looking too ridiculous, unlike Daniels.

By the way, just seen you recommended the Taker-Hunter match yet you can't stand spot monkeys - care to tell me what the hell these two old twats did in the ring just 2 nights ago?

I lose faith with this board everytime I come on here. I can't beleive some of the oiks on here are comparing Christopher Daniels and the Undertaker.

I remember Mick Foley saying in his first book he'd feel sorry for the likes of Taka Michinouku who'd hoy himself over the ropes thirty times a night to no reaction whereas Undertaker does his leap over the top rope once and the place pops like mad and everyone goes home talking about it. That's the difference.

Undertaker was main eventing WWF PPVs Daniels was getting beat off Too Much and Flash Flanagan on Shotgun Challenge. Taker's got more airtime then Daniels has got showertime.

So basiclly you are saying it's ok to be a spot monkey if you are in the main event? because that is what it looks like.

• Paid Members
Really, if you think he's the best in the world, or if you think he's utterly shit, you don't really understand the business, and talking like you do makes you a moron.

Don't agree, and don't appreciate the general insult there either. I've stated why I think Daniels is rubbish, and, all due respect, I don't think you're in any position to tell anyone else whether they understand the business or not. You're a fan like we are; if you disagree with me from a fan perspective, fine, but statements like that are ridiculous.

Daniels supposedly fits a niche. As far as I'm concerned, being unable to work more than one kind of match, and a style of match of which you really shouldn't have more than one on any single card, makes a bad wrestler. Being unable to work a character just adds to it.

• Paid Members
Carbomb is a wrestling veteran. He knows the ropes like the back of his hand. Isn't that right Bomber?

Sarky sod. All I'm saying is that Kiffy's post is very "better-than-you", and he's not even Chris Kanyon.

• Paid Members
That fallen angel crap with him having a prophecy or whatever is just a good a character as a man acting like he is undead and have mystical power from a bloody urn.

I know which one draws more money though.

Why would that matter? Its obvious that the Undertaker character in its many forms has never worked. He relies too much on making stadiums full of people care about his matches to ever be considered a great worker. I've never seen him have a decent match in 21 years. Kamala was a far superior worker. Those matches with the Ugandan Giant really took him out of the spotfest habit Undertaker was in at the time.

And Kamala knows Steve's Mam as well.

Archived