Christopher Daniels...

rocky64

• Moderators

Did you notice how hard those giant spots were sold though? Taker did the best selling job since Ricky Steamboat retired.

Spotfests are OK from time to time, as long as you sell those big spots like fuck. That's where Daniels falls short. There won't be another match in WWE like that again now till next years Mania, and Taker will get time out to sell it. HHH sold it last night. That's how a spotfest can make sense. Giving it their all once a year, and feeling the fucking after effects for time to come.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm a blind fool? I'm sure at least 600,000 buyers and about 12 lads and Elvis in the UKFF Chat streaming it will agree with me that the match was tremendous. And if people dont think the match was any good, thats their opinion. But to compare UNDERTAKER VS TRIPLE H vs a Chris Daniels match? Come off it.

meaningless

Meaningless to who exactly? Not the people paying $52 or 15 quid for it. Or the 72,000 people in the building. Or the people who pay Triple H and Undertaker 7 figures a year. Or their peers who gave them a standing applause as they walked back to the locker room. Or those penning in a rematch for next year. Or the wrestlers from rival companies who couldnt say enough good things about it even if it contradicted their previous bashing of the promotion for not putting on decent wrestling. What is meaningful to you? A bald bloke who in the last year got released from his contract because they needed to make space to bring in Tommy Dreamer and Jerry Saggs?

Did you notice how hard those giant spots were sold though? Taker did the best selling job since Ricky Steamboat retired.

Spotfests are OK from time to time, as long as you sell those big spots like fuck. That's where Daniels falls short. There won't be another match in WWE like that again now till next years Mania, and Taker will get time out to sell it. HHH sold it last night. That's how a spotfest can make sense. Giving it their all once a year, and feeling the fucking after effects for time to come.

Yeah, Taker sure did a great job selling those pedigrees, eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously, don't put the name of the legend that is Steamboat when talking about the "amazing" selling ability of the dead man - it just doesn't seem right.

• Moderators

Also, it being a spotfest did make sense. HHH was determined to prove that he could be the man to do it. And as the big hitter of the WWE, he brought out the big guns. And as it went on he started to realise it couldn't be done, so he really had to bring out the showstopping stuff, and it's still not enough for the streak to end. It had a story, it made sense.

Which was the last Daniels match to have a story and made sense?

• Moderators

Seriously, don't put the name of the legend that is Steamboat when talking about the "amazing" selling ability of the dead man - it just doesn't seem right.

Yeah, he did. Especially at the end when he did a 10 minute sell job leaving the ring falling on his face and leaving on a golf cart.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm a blind fool? I'm sure at least 600,000 buyers and about 12 lads and Elvis in the UKFF Chat streaming it will agree with me that the match was tremendous. And if people dont think the match was any good, thats their opinion. But to compare UNDERTAKER VS TRIPLE H vs a Chris Daniels match? Come off it.

meaningless

Meaningless to who exactly? Not the people paying $52 or 15 quid for it. Or the 72,000 people in the building. Or the people who pay Triple H and Undertaker 7 figures a year. Or their peers who gave them a standing applause as they walked back to the locker room. Or those penning in a rematch for next year. Or the wrestlers from rival companies who couldnt say enough good things about it even if it contradicted their previous bashing of the promotion for not putting on decent wrestling. What is meaningful to you? A bald bloke who in the last year got released from his contract because they needed to make space to bring in Tommy Dreamer and Jerry Saggs?

Christ, are you getting a pay day from this copmany or something? It really looks like your giving WWE a cyber blowjob.

• Paid Members

Erm ... he did sell the Pedigrees. He might have kicked out of them, but Rocky stood up even though after the fight they found out he had brain damage. Selling and kicking out is two totally different things. Did he look like a winner after the match. Undertaker grabbed a hold even though he was beat. Thats the whole story leading into the rematch between the two. The fact that Triple H had him beaten but HHH left himself open for Takers finish.

Christ, are you getting a pay day from this copmany or something? It really looks like your giving WWE a cyber blowjob.

I'm not the one sucking off a little Chippendale in eyeliner. :music::alien::devil::angry::laugh::rolleyes::confused:

Yeah, he did. Especially at the end when he did a 10 minute sell job leaving the ring falling on his face and leaving on a golf cart.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, looked extremely realistic just like Edge making strange love (or what ever the fuck that was) to Del Rio's car...

• Moderators

But did he, or did he not, sell the fuck out of it in the context of telling a story?

And when is the last time Daniels has told a story in one of his matches? Especially a spotfest?

Erm ... he did sell the Pedigrees. He might have kicked out of them, but Rocky stood up even though after the fight they found out he had brain damage. Selling and kicking out is two totally different things. Did he look like a winner after the match. Undertaker grabbed a hold even though he was beat. Thats the whole story leading into the rematch between the two. The fact that Triple H had him beaten but HHH left himself open for Takers finish.

I'm not the one sucking off a little Chippendale in eyeliner.

Neither am I, so who are you talking to?

I didn't mean the kick out from the move, I meant the actual way he took the move which look like a no sell.

• Moderators
I didn't mean the kick out from the move, I meant the actual way he took the move which look like a no sell.

How? He went down, rolled on his back and got pinned for a long two. He certainly didn't get up 15 seconds later and break out a tornado DDT.

• Paid Members

It looked like his head was rammed into the mat. Then he sold it like he was fucked. I fail to see your point.

But did he, or did he not, sell the fuck out of it in the context of telling a story?

And when is the last time Daniels has told a story in one of his matches? Especially a spotfest?

Yeah he sold it, but after 3 minutes I didn't give a fuck about it because it just didn't look real. Reason - the match looked awful, none of them really looked like they destroyed each other from those weak (and at time sloopy as hell) finishing spots.

• Moderators

Yeah he sold it, but after 3 minutes I didn't give a fuck about it because it just didn't look real. Reason - the match looked awful, none of them really looked like they destroyed each other from those weak (and at time sloopy as hell) finishing spots.

And the answer to my second question rayson?

• Paid Members

How can the way you take a move look like a no sell? If he sells it, that means he's selling it. Its fake. If it looks like a pedigree and he sells it, it means the people register the fact, he's just taken his finish.

Archived