'Unloved' WrestleMania matches

AshC

Here's my one -

martelblindfold.jpg

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vs 'The Model' Rick Martel

Blindfold Match, WrestleMania VII

An unusual stipulation, but perfectly logical within the storyline. Lots and lots of heat. Both men played their role to perfection. The spots were really well done. This match hardly ever seems to be talked about, yet the gimmick totally worked it 1991 and provided a memorable and fitting blowoff to a good feud.

Any others?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Valentine vs Steamboat from WM4. Best match on the event IMO.

I could have dropped trou and fucking squatted and shat in the middle of Trump Plaza and it would have been the best thing on the show.

The match you named is respected as the best on WMIV most places, he's on about the matches treated like a redheaded stepchild for this thread.

• Paid Members

Always thought the Chicago Street Fight from Wrestlemania 13 gets overlooked. Trying to follow the Hart/Austin submission match most likely had a lot to do with that but I loved it.

Other ones I think of

Taka Michinoku vs Aguila - WM 14

Angle vs Jericho vs Benoit triple threat from WM 16

And I enjoyed the first 2 matches of WM 18 RVD vs Regal and DDP vs Christian. Pretty underrated from what I recall.

• Moderators
Always thought the Chicago Street Fight from Wrestlemania 13 gets overlooked. Trying to follow the Hart/Austin submission match most likely had a lot to do with that but I loved it.

Great call. If one match should have been utter shite it should have been that, but it was an utter revelation, even if Ahmed's still got the pads and Animal wants them back.

Some good shouts here, especially the Chicago street fight one. Hmmm, one I enjoyed but don't hear much praise for is WM XIV's dumpster match between the Outlaws and Jack/Charlie.

Another I'll agree on, Crush and Savage from WM X. From WM XI, i'd like to add the Tag Title match between Smoking Gunns and Owen/Yokozuna.

• Paid Members
Macho Man V Crush at Wrestlemania X. Falls count anywhere.

Good call, I loved that match.

Triple H vs. John Cena was a cracking main event that doesn't get enough love. The Bundy/Hillbilly Jim/Midgets match at WM 3 was loads of fun. When I first saw that tape, I immediately rewound the tape and watched it again!

I'll always be a sucker for Doink vs. Crush at WM 9 too.

Archived