The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

• Paid Members

Sort of a Semi-Spoiler (everyone is making sure to mention it though, including Official Nintendo Mag's Review) but after you finish World 8, you unlock 8 more Special Worlds which is just as big as the first part of the game. About 50 Levels, not including Mushroom Houses or those pink Bonus levels. They're all quite hard too.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So does anybody know if the 3DS is due a price drop in the run up to Christmas?

No, it's already had a massive fuck-off reduction. So big in fact, it was very uncharacteristic of Nintendo to do in such a short time after they launched a platform.

Great stuff. I'm properly stuck at the end of world three now, so with a load of extra (and more difficult) stuff after the main game's finished it'll keep me going for ages.

I'd imagine if the price of a 3DS is going to be dropped for Christmas it would've happened by now, to entice people into buying one over all the other consoles that are around at the moment.

• Paid Members

Basically, Nintendo uncharacteristically dropped the retail price for the 3DS by quite a lot only a few months after it came out- no doubt due to disappointing sales. As this no doubt pissed off their hardcore fanbase that bought it at full whack at/shortly after launch, they treated those said fans by giving them 20 free games to download. 10 are NES ports (which are already available to download) and the other 10 are GBA ports (not available yet, but apparently will be by end of year).

They aren't shit games either, the NES ones so far include some of their best titles- Super Mario Bros, Zelda 1 & 2, Donkey Kong, Metroid. I can't remember the GBA titles they will be giving away but they are also damn good. This giveaway to the fans that paid full price for the 3DS is what Nintendo are calling the 'Ambassador Programme', hence the 10 games are known as ambassador games.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm not into the old NES ones. I downloaded a handful of them- the original Super Mario Bros hasn't aged well. I found the first game totally unplayable as soon as Mario 3 came out- just blew it to shit. And although there have been better Mario games since, you can still have a blast playing Mario 3. I wish they'd have given us that.

Zelda 1 I don't see the point in playing, considering I have downloaded Link's Awakening. The first Zelda game I would imagine is shite in comparison to that. And I don't think I'd ever give Zelda 2 a chance, it just doesn't seem right.

• Paid Members

It's decent considering 3DS games are pretty expensive and the top titles (Mario and Zelda games) never seem to get reduced, so it's a good chance to build up a bit of a library without spending any more money. But yeah, can't imagine you'd get too much play out of ancient NES games unless you're a proper retro game enthusiast.

Archived