The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

I'm still waiting for my OoT preorder that Game apparently sent out on Tuesday. I'll end up going to the shop today to buy a copy, then I'll return the one I bought online when it finally arrives (or put a claim in if it doesn't). Had a trip to London and back yesterday and I was really hoping to be playing it in the car!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So basically a reworking of a game that is well over a decade old is the best game on the 3DS so far?

Fucks sake.

It's only been out a few months, what were you expecting? The best game on DS at the same point in its life was Zoo Keeper. On GBA, it was probably Konami Krazy Racers or something.

• Paid Members
So basically a reworking of a game that is well over a decade old is the best game on the 3DS so far?

Fucks sake.

Yes the best game on 3DS is one of the best games of all time, whats your point?

Fucks sake.

Yes the best game on 3DS is one of the best games of all time, whats your point?

Concur. This is far from a half-arsed rehash of an old game. The control system and a lot of other features have actually been improved. As someone above said, this is now the definitive version of one of (in my opinion THE) best games of all time.

I'd take a highly-regarded adventure with hours and hours of gameplay over a storyless shooter that's not going to be anywhere near as good as the home console versions and is only playable in 2-5 minute rounds any day of the week.

Fair enough. I'd take the latter every time.

As i don't have a game until Resident Evil is released (i've never been a fan of any Zelda games), i've been playing Excitebike. And it's just a whole lot of fun in short 5-10 minute blasts. I always loved the game though, ever since i had it on the NES.

Played Ocarina for the first time today. Did the dungeon in the tree. Didn't really enjoy it though, is the whole game like that or is there more to it than running around samey dungeons hacking samey enemies?

that first dungeon is pitifully easy, it's really just holding your hand through the first bit. The format remains similar through the game, but the dungeons get much bigger and more intricate with some really fiendish (in places just downright infuriating) puzzles. But a lot of the charm of this game is the bits outside the dungeons, the little miniquests and extra bits you can go looking for, and just how atmospheric it is as the story builds. Persevere!

• Paid Members

Yeah, the Deku Tree is a rubbish dungeon, followed only in rubbishness by the Water Temple (which has apparently been massive improved by the 3DS interface), and that shitty one in the fish.

Archived