The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

• Paid Members
If you look inside your 3DS and game cases there are club Nintendo cards which you can enter in on the website to exchange for Nintendo related goodies! I've just exchanged mine for some Wii points to use on the virtual console!

Here's the website!

Cheers, man - when I first got my consoles I wasn't online so I never bothered with these things - I was vaguely aware that they existed, but yeah, brilliant! I've years worth of points to redeem!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No doubt I'll get hammered for this, but how do you unlock the Pomeranian on Nintendogs + Cats : Golden Retriever and Friends?. It's not a starting breed, and so far I've unlocked 3 new breeds, but not that one. There's nothing on the internet that says either. My girlfriend is obviously the one that wants the dog. I have a Pug.

Has anyone had any problems with the 3DS freezing? I was playing Pro Evo last night and it just froze like i'd paused the game. None of the buttons would work but after closing the top and opening again it turned itself off.

Theres an article here about the 3DS freezing (although different to how i described):

3DS freezing

I'm hoping mine was a one-off.

• Paid Members
I've years worth of points to redeem!!

One thing to note is that the gifts you can claim are in limited supply and the points themselves have a time limit and will become useless if they're not spent in time.

I ended up claiming an absolute ton of points the first time I did it, including my Gamecube, Wii, DS and plenty of games for each of them. Unfortunately everything I wanted to get with them was sold out and stayed that way until my points were about to expire. I ended up getting a load of Nintendo keyrings. They're pretty cool (and surprisingly made of metal rather than plastic), but I could have had a DS game or a load of VC points if I'd picked a better time.

• Paid Members
Has anyone had any problems with the 3DS freezing? I was playing Pro Evo last night and it just froze like i'd paused the game. None of the buttons would work but after closing the top and opening again it turned itself off.

Theres an article here about the 3DS freezing (although different to how i described):

3DS freezing

I'm hoping mine was a one-off.

I had it once on the main menu. I took a game out and put a new one in and when I opened the DS it had a blank screen on both ends. I shut it and opened it again and the same thing happened. Had to turn it off.

• Paid Members

Mine got the Black screen error message 3 times in 20minutes last night, all while i was on the streetpass screen. From reading online it seems it may be the wifi thats causing it (already downloaded the system update) Its not done it during gameplay yet though

• Paid Members

Bought Rabbids 3D yesterday not knowing what I was getting into. No big websites or mags have covered it yet, but a few independants have said it was a solid platformer. It's quite decent actually, the game is solid and the 3D is very subtle paralax scrolling stuff. Not a bad purchase at all.

Got a 3DS as a contract phone freebie and I have been having fun with Super Streetfighter IV.

Oh and Sony mouth breather in throwing toys out of pram shocker - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...specting-Adults

I'm sure we will see plenty of people playing on their NGP's (those who can afford them that is) in public :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

The eShop update has arrived. Just go into settings, other settings, system update.

Takes about 5-10 minutes to download, and you get a free 3D Pokedex which by the looks of it lets you look at your Pokemon in 3D, and also use AR Cards to put them in the real world. The internet browser is also working now.

Cheers TripleA. I've got it downloading now. Although it's been going for ten minutes already and the little bar is about 10% complete. I assume that's a combination of the amount of people accessing it, my cunt of a router/connection (at least one of them's an absolute bastard), and me downloading Tough Enough and Raw at the same time.

• Paid Members
Cheers TripleA. I've got it downloading now. Although it's been going for ten minutes already and the little bar is about 10% complete. I assume that's a combination of the amount of people accessing it, my cunt of a router/connection (at least one of them's an absolute bastard), and me downloading Tough Enough and Raw at the same time.

Yeah that's not the greatest combo for download speed :laugh:

Little bit of a heads up, the store is appalling to navigate, especially if you're looking for DSiWare stuff (In my case it was the DSi port of Rayman 1). They only have a DSiWare Highlights tab which lists what I imagine is the top ten DSi games. To find the rest you have to manually search them, but the search engine is also a pain. You can't search individual games as there's no name entry tab, and if you're searching for price you can't have decimals, even though most games are like

Archived