The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

• Paid Members

Bit underwhelmed with the shop launch line-up, as I generally have been with the 3DS on a whole. I regret buying the console on launch, it's rarely been used - and it's never been used to play a 3DS game for any length of time.

I'm hopeful that Ocarina of Time will completely change my mind, it's certainly getting encouragingly positive reviews.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really enjoyed playing PES, to the point where it's to easy and without being able to play against friends and limited options, i've got it on ebay (see sig!) to fund a new game. Pilotwings or Ridge Racer i think.

The faceraiders game and quest thing keep me entertained in short bursts. Also can't wait for Resident Evil, July 1st i think.

Bit underwhelmed with the shop launch line-up, as I generally have been with the 3DS on a whole. I regret buying the console on launch, it's rarely been used - and it's never been used to play a 3DS game for any length of time.

I'm hopeful that Ocarina of Time will completely change my mind, it's certainly getting encouragingly positive reviews.

I'm in the same boat really, only with less optimism for Ocarina. I never played the original and have no nostalgic feelings towards Zelda of any kind. I've barely touched my 3DS in the last two months, only to play music on long journeys. I bought Nintendogs and haven't played it once. I played Rabbids a fair bit, but found it too repetitive. The lack of variation in the stages is indicative of a mobile phone game rather than a

• Paid Members
Luigi's Mansion 2 :)

Delighted! The first game was my favorite Gamecube title. Some great titles coming out so far. Still regret buying the console at launch, but I don't think I'll regret owning one given some of the titles that're coming out in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i went to Morrisons first thing to pick up Ocarina and it definitely, definitely lives up to the hype. I'll admit to having a huge soft spot for the game, I got it on release day 13 years ago, and I play through it at least once a year. Anyway, I've got home, just played through the first hour or so of it and the 3D is spot on, it really does add a great deal of atmosphere. I always felt like the locations in OoT were beautifully constructed and that was a big part of the appeal, and having it in 3D only emphasises that. I'm sitting here right now having seen kokiri Forest and the Great Deku tree, and my mind's racing thinking about various other bits of the game I'm looking forward to seeing in 3D.

Anyone else get it yet? Opinions?

• Paid Members

Got it on Wednesday and to me it's the definitive version of OoT now. It looks, handles and sounds better than the original and it made someone like me - who thought OoT was stale and overhyped - finally buy into the hype. If this is a sign of the quality of first party Nintendo games on the 3DS then my purchase is finally worthwhile.

• Paid Members

The shop I buy my games from is an independant retailer, so they usually have games in a day early. In rare cases they get them 2 days early and luckily for me they got both Zelda and Dungeon Seige 3 (both of which I'd preordered) in on Wednesday, so I picked them up on my lunch break. I've been tired out from work all week though so I only really had a proper go last night and finished the Deku Tree. I have the whole weekend to give them a proper go now though.

Agree completely with the interface, but I feel the shoulder buttons are taking some getting used to. The shape of the 3DS means I often don't press them in far enough :(

Turned the motion controlled 1st person stuff off too, as it was starting to annoy me on the Deku boss fight!

The shop I buy my games from is an independant retailer, so they usually have games in a day early. In rare cases they get them 2 days early and luckily for me they got both Zelda and Dungeon Seige 3 (both of which I'd preordered) in on Wednesday, so I picked them up on my lunch break. I've been tired out from work all week though so I only really had a proper go last night and finished the Deku Tree. I have the whole weekend to give them a proper go now though.

Agree completely with the interface, but I feel the shoulder buttons are taking some getting used to. The shape of the 3DS means I often don't press them in far enough :(

Turned the motion controlled 1st person stuff off too, as it was starting to annoy me on the Deku boss fight!

Really? I think once you're locked in with L, the motion sensitive aiming is absolutely brilliant, especially with the slingshot. I've done Deku Tree and Hyrule casstle, gonna get some food in me and settle in for a proper session tonight!

• Paid Members
Really? I think once you're locked in with L, the motion sensitive aiming is absolutely brilliant, especially with the slingshot. I've done Deku Tree and Hyrule casstle, gonna get some food in me and settle in for a proper session tonight!

Without sounding like a benny, but NDS has motion sensitive controls? I remember reading aaaages ago they were looking to incorporate it, but during all these launch hypes I haven't heard a sausage about motion sensitive controls. The emphasis- understandably- has been all on the 3D element.

I LOVE Zelda games and am ashamed to admit that being a PS1 owner during that generation, I never got to play OOT. I know I know, I'm a cunt. This game is pretty much the main reason I want an NDS. I love LTTP and Twilight Princess, so going by the fact OOT is considered the best in the series (and many consider it the greatest game of all time) then I know I'm going to love this game and carry it to my deathbed.

Yeah, the motion sensors work very well also. You can lock in to a first person view and look around simply by moving the unit around, same for aiming with weapons. Works a treat. After several hours today though, I've got two knackered thumbs and a definite case of shit-eye.

• Paid Members
Yeah, the motion sensors work very well also. You can lock in to a first person view and look around simply by moving the unit around, same for aiming with weapons. Works a treat. After several hours today though, I've got two knackered thumbs and a definite case of shit-eye.

Fanfookingtastic, another big reason to get it. They really haven't used that as a selling point, have they? I know, 3D is big enough, but still

Archived