The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

About to hit my 200th hour of use of my 3DS and I don't regret it one bit! Had some cracking times on Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, Pilotwings, and also retro titles such as Mario Land, Mario's Picross and Mario 64DS! Have only played through one of the ambassador titles so far, namely the Original Zelda but can't wait for the GBA ambassador games! I might go out and get Sonic Generations later today and with Mario Kart 7 arriving next week the 3DS is potentially going to be my favourite console I've ever owned!

This isn't even taking into account the upcoming games that I am looking at, namely Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3D and Resident Evil and the untouched Virtual Console titles I have in Mario Land 2, Metroid 2 and Donkey Kong GB! what's not to love?

One question I have though, I am flying to Oz at the end of next month and Am trying to decide which console I should take with me for in flight entertainment. Ideally I want my 3DS, and was planning on getting a Trent I Cruiser USB backup charging device, but when I dropped my wife off for her flight to Oz there was a sign saying no spare lithium batteries allowed on Quantas. So, I am assuming the I Cruiser would count as a lithium battery? Am I better off to taking the risk and just taking my iPad?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant for the actual flight, 26 hour flight and 3 hour battery life don't really mix!

Someone has told me that there are USB sockets for charging on planes now, is this true? Never noticed before!

• Paid Members
Of course you can't you idiot.

Part of the reason it's not done well, I think, if that sort of confusion. I saw it in Tesco today (Mario 3D Land) lined up with the DS games, and the system specified on the shelf edge label was "DS". If the shops selling it don't know, then what hope does it have in the mass market?

That said, some cracking games are on their way. I regret buying it on launch day, but with the prospect of Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart I'm feeling pretty psyched.

• Paid Members

I don't regret my launch day purchase, because there hasn't been a single thing on the regular DS that interessts me since the 3DS came out, so even though I only had Pilotwings and Ridge Racer for the six months until Mario, that was enough to keep me going for the short bursts I use a handheld console...

I bought the new Mario game on a whim today, so my 3DS is about to get its first use since about a week after launch day. I couldn't even find the fucking thing when I got back from the shops this afternoon, it's been that long since I've wanted to use it. Finally tracked it down pushed to the back of the drawer where I shove all my bank statements and other "official" paperwork.

I use mine as an MP3 player on coaches and trains. Although it's a bit frustrating, because the audiobook I'm trying to listen to is too quiet to hear properly on the coach over the engine noise. I don't know if it's the headphones, the file or the 3DS itself that's to blame for that.

Anyway, my copy of All Stars should arrive tomorrow, and I'll get the two Mario games soon. The game I've played most on it is Super Scribblenauts (I never had an original DS).

The new Mario game is fantastic. I've found the last few games to be more stressful than fun, but this one's just right. I was finding it almost too easy to begin with (racking up loads of extra lives due to never dying, and finding all the star coins on each level first time round), but by the last couple of levels of world two it seemed to start getting a bit trickier. I'm halfway through world three now and there's a few levels where I haven't found a single star coin, solely because I've thought "fuck it, this one's a bit hard, let's just try to get to the end of the level". I kind of hope there are more levels or some sort of bonus mode at the end of the game though, because being halfway through world three of eight puts me almost halfway through the whole game after just about an hour and a half... But well done 3DS. You haven't quite justified the expense yet, but I'm starting to love you a little bit more.

Archived