The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I'm not into the old NES ones. I downloaded a handful of them- the original Super Mario Bros hasn't aged well. I found the first game totally unplayable as soon as Mario 3 came out- just blew it to shit. And although there have been better Mario games since, you can still have a blast playing Mario 3. I wish they'd have given us that.

Aye, the original is just appalling to play now, for me. When I was eight, I could play it for days on end, but I find it no fun at all in 2011. I've not given all of the Ambassador games a spin yet, but 8-bit games in general now are about as relevant a toy as a ball and cup were back then.

Mario, Zelda and Metroid are far from rubbish in my eyes!

Is Zelda 1 still worth a bash, even though I've just spent ages playing Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time?

I enjoyed it, but I'm a massive Zelda mark and had never played it! It is difficult though, but a good challenge!

The first Zelda game is one of my all-time favourites, although it might be slightly rose-tinted because it was the first game I played when I got a NES for Christmas back in 1987 or 1988 or whatever it was. That shiny gold cartridge was (and still is) fucking beautiful.

3D Mario Land keeps getting more enjoyable, there's some really good level design and I've had a lot of "oh that was fucking great" moments. Plus there's a fair few throwbacks to Super Mario 3 which are an absolute joy to see/hear.

On level 5-2 there's a Zelda easter egg. I won't say where though, you can find it yourself! :p

Isn't that whole level a Zelda throwback?

On level 5-2 there's a Zelda easter egg. I won't say where though, you can find it yourself! :p

Isn't that whole level a Zelda throwback?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Any word on when the GBA ambassador games will become available?

Apparently the next firmware update is due on December 8th, so maybe then?

Obviously not :(

I've just read they'll be up for download on Friday...

Archived