The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

a bit late to the party but i recently bought a nice black 3ds. got about 16 games for it, would have bought earlier but thought the free nes games wouldnt be worth it - but now i see they turned it into gba games, and im super pissed.

one game i should get for free is kid icarus 3d - which is under the 3ds ambassador programme - all you need to do is go to the club nintendo site and register 2 games for a list of about 12, and you get a code for the free download - i had 3 off the list (super street fighter iv, mario kart 7, mario 3d land).

also finally registered enough products to get the free ds game ''game and watch collection'', been after that for a long time.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
a bit late to the party but i recently bought a nice black 3ds. got about 16 games for it, would have bought earlier but thought the free nes games wouldnt be worth it - but now i see they turned it into gba games, and im super pissed.

You get 10 NES and 10 GBA, not one or the other. Plus even taking nostalgia into account, the GBA games are about 10x better than the NES ones.

• Paid Members

Wow, just played the Resident Evil demo on the 3DS. How great are the graphics?! I have never played a PSP, and the only proper 3DS title I've played is Zelda OOT, therefore graphically this is the best I've seen from a handheld game. I think I might end up getting this one.

See, demos do the trick!

Anyone get Revelations? I'm on the fence, I'm skint so dunno if it's worth buying when I can wait a couple of weeks and borrow it when my nephew gets bored. If I do buy it, not sure whether to go with the circle pad add-on thing or not... The controls without it in the demo were fine for me, and reviews suggest it's a bit wonky anyway.

• Paid Members

I haven't got it, but I am very tempted to do so after playing the demo. It's pretty damn smart. Haven't played a Resi game all the way through since 3 (Nemesis), played a bit of 4 though.

Things look promising for the 3DS if they have 3rd party games as strong as this, looking forward to the MGS demo.

Anyone get Revelations? I'm on the fence, I'm skint so dunno if it's worth buying when I can wait a couple of weeks and borrow it when my nephew gets bored. If I do buy it, not sure whether to go with the circle pad add-on thing or not... The controls without it in the demo were fine for me, and reviews suggest it's a bit wonky anyway.

I bought it yesterday - managed to get about an hour or so on it so far. Would describe it as good but nothing has blown me away as yet. I did not bother getting the circle pad with it - I have found it perfectly playable without so far.

• Paid Members

Yeah I got it yesterday too. Only on Chapter 2 at the minute, but also not being blown away. It looks fantastic, and handles relatively well, but feels like a Dead Space clone sadly. Very little of that "charm" that Resident Evil games usually have. I'm enjoying it though, so that's fine.

Yeah I got it yesterday too. Only on Chapter 2 at the minute, but also not being blown away. It looks fantastic, and handles relatively well, but feels like a Dead Space clone sadly. Very little of that "charm" that Resident Evil games usually have. I'm enjoying it though, so that's fine.

I'd say that Dead Space is a Resident Evil clone really, as the last few Resident Evil games have been in this style. The last truly "traditional" Resident Evil game was RE3.

• Paid Members

I'd say that Dead Space is a Resident Evil clone really, as the last few Resident Evil games have been in this style. The last truly "traditional" Resident Evil game was RE3.

You could make a case for a lot of Survival Horror games being Resident Evil clones. The only problem with this one is the stuff on the boat looks like it was actually just straight ported from a Dead Space game. Long dark corridors with a small torch and stuff jumping out of walls and vents. No other Resident Evil game had this much of it.

• 3 months later...

Archived