The Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sym

• Paid Members

I'd wager it never happens, Pitcos. Nintendo sadly are always well out of the loop when it comes to that sort of thing. I was surprised they brought out BBC iPlayer for the Wii, although I've never watched it for the shite picture quality on the Wii.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My 3DS has been just the biggest waste of time and money I can recall. If it wasn't for Animal Crossing which I know I'll play to death, I'd have gotten rid of it months ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Club Nintendo UK is really shit, isn't it? I've registered a fuckload of games and my 3ds yet all I can get are a few shitty little straps for the ds, or a few ringtones. Why can't we use them to download games? You can in the USA. Sometimes Nintendo are stubbornly archaic. Anyway, gonna give Mario tennis a go. To be honest after playing thus and the new Mario game I'll probably sell my 3ds. Lack of games, especially decent ones, has been hugely disappointing. Even the last two Pokemon games haven't been 3ds games as per se.

Club Nintendo UK is really shit, isn't it? I've registered a fuckload of games and my 3ds yet all I can get are a few shitty little straps for the ds, or a few ringtones. Why can't we use them to download games? You can in the USA. Sometimes Nintendo are stubbornly archaic. Anyway, gonna give Mario tennis a go. To be honest after playing thus and the new Mario game I'll probably sell my 3ds. Lack of games, especially decent ones, has been hugely disappointing. Even the last two Pokemon games haven't been 3ds games as per se.

My DS is fucked (credit to it though it lasted its the very first DS model) and I don't really want to shell out for a 3DS that I probably wont use enough to justify spending all that on so I'm after a second hand. When you're ready to sell let me know how much you want for it.

• Paid Members

Watched the 47 minute Nintendo Direct Japan stream of the new Animal Crossing the other day. I didn't understand a word of it but I am still very very excited from the videos and stuff they showed. Animal Crossing 3DS was the reason I bought the console, so come the first quarter of 2013 I will finally feel justified for buying the bloody console.

• 1 month later...

Colour me completely satisfied with 3DS! I'm currently drowning in games (Layton, Zero Escape, NSMB2), got my eye on a few more (Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion). That's not even mentioning the Virtual Console Games I have lined up (Zelda II, Warioland 3 and 4, Donkey Kong) or the eshop games (pullblox, Fallblox) or the DS Originals (Metroid Prime Hunters, Yoshi Island DS, GTA Chinatown Wars).

This will last me the next year easily by which there should be loads more! I'm a very happy 3DS owner!

Colour me completely satisfied with 3DS! I'm currently drowning in games (Layton, Zero Escape, NSMB2), got my eye on a few more (Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion). That's not even mentioning the Virtual Console Games I have lined up (Zelda II, Warioland 3 and 4, Donkey Kong) or the eshop games (pullblox, Fallblox) or the DS Originals (Metroid Prime Hunters, Yoshi Island DS, GTA Chinatown Wars).

This will last me the next year easily by which there should be loads more! I'm a very happy 3DS owner!

Isn't Zero Escape just one of the greatest handheld games ever? I'm finding this to be on par with The Walking Dead for a game based on choices, just a shame that we got stuck with only the Japanese voices where i think America has both English and Jap.

I'll probably grab Pullblox at some point, it looks excellent.

• Paid Members

I put almost 45 hours into NSMB2, though the reward for a million coins was disappointing to say the least.

I'm quite enjoying Epic Mickey on it at the moment, though it's Luigi's Mansion 2 I'm really wanting. Can't believe it's not out until March 1.

• Paid Members

Completed Ninja Gaiden (Shadow Warriors) on the virtual console last night. As far as I recall it's one of the first games I ever had and so to finally finish it after over 20 years of trying was a fun experience.

The Denpa Men : They Come in Waves is proving to be both really fun but extremely challenging too. A unique idea and a solid game, if not without its flaws.

The announcement of the Q2 2013 release of Animal Crossing is annoying too, considering it's been out since last month in Japan and was announced nearly 3 years ago.

I put almost 45 hours into NSMB2, though the reward for a million coins was disappointing to say the least.

I'm quite enjoying Epic Mickey on it at the moment, though it's Luigi's Mansion 2 I'm really wanting. Can't believe it's not out until March 1.

Im getting a 3DS for Christmas and I really want that Mickey game, it looks gorgeous, but how short is it actually? The reviews put me off a bit saying it was top quality but just way too short...

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy a 3DS, which would preferably take an old DS as a trade-in? I'm looking to buy it for my other half's christmas (purely for Layton) but it is out my price bracket, so would like somt bargain tips if possible.

I only own Mario Kart and Streefighter (due to lack of money mainly). But i play Mario Kart non-stop, it's an awesome game, maybe the best Mario Kart. Will probably get some 2nd hand games in the new year. Really want to go through Starfox again.

Slightly off topic. But does anyone know the best site for DS ROM's?

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Im getting a 3DS for Christmas and I really want that Mickey game, it looks gorgeous, but how short is it actually? The reviews put me off a bit saying it was top quality but just way too short...

I ended up selling Epic Mickey last week without completing it as it bored me about half way in.

In better news, my Luigi's Mansion 2 came today. The character of the original comes through which is what I was most fussed about. . I have an afternoon at the hospital tomorrow so the timing is perfect. Will definitely report back as I progress.

Archived