Raw discussion 14/03/2011

Shit Poster

• Paid Members

Laylas cleavage was the highlight of the night.

The Rock segment proved his delivery is flawless. That material in anybody elses hands would have been brutal but he made it work.

The King/Cole feud is the most interesting thing in WWE. The Colemine was a great detail. GMS looked like shite and the segment went that way too. JR turning up for a beatdown saved it all. JR at 'Mania please.

Really not that into anything else at the minute. Cena/Miz is still 'meh' and 'Taker/Triple H need to do something more than by the number promos now.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a decent show I suppose, Sheamus/Bryan was great, the Orton match/seg was predictable but still decent, The Rock opening promo wasn't too bad. However I'm not quite sure why they threw away the first ever TV match between Cena and Del Rio. These days they just make everyone face anyone without thinking that it could potentially be a WrestleMania first-time meeting sometime down the line.

The Miz is finally finding his feet as champ these last few shows. Unfortunate that it'll most likely come crashing to a halt in three weeks :(

They are one day going to have a proper PPV feud, they could not have them have a long match on tv for free before hand. And besides they want both number 1 contenders to look strong going into mania. Its all quite logical why they 'threw it away' when you think about it

Sorry, I didn't mean 'throw it away' as in make it a short, rubbish match with no proper result. I meant they shouldn't have put the match together in the first place and hyped it all night at this time.

It was a decent show I suppose, Sheamus/Bryan was great, the Orton match/seg was predictable but still decent, The Rock opening promo wasn't too bad. However I'm not quite sure why they threw away the first ever TV match between Cena and Del Rio. These days they just make everyone face anyone without thinking that it could potentially be a WrestleMania first-time meeting sometime down the line.

The Miz is finally finding his feet as champ these last few shows. Unfortunate that it'll most likely come crashing to a halt in three weeks :(

They are one day going to have a proper PPV feud, they could not have them have a long match on tv for free before hand. And besides they want both number 1 contenders to look strong going into mania. Its all quite logical why they 'threw it away' when you think about it

Sorry, I didn't mean 'throw it away' as in make it a short, rubbish match with no proper result. I meant they shouldn't have put the match together in the first place and hyped it all night at this time.

The way i look at it is If you are only a occasional wwe viewer you may not know why del Rio is (or at least know much about him,esp if you only watch RAW), they just trying to give him as much exposure as they can before mania

Has anyone else's Sky+ buggered this up for them? I woke up early to watch this before work but my series link seems to have cancelled itself - last night's Raw hasn't recorded, and next week's hasn't added itself to the planner. I'm sure it was set to record when I went to bed last night though. Arses.

Yeah me too :( just had to watch the videos on wwe.com there. Looking forward to seeing the Sheamus/Bryan match in full. Hopefully having a Title can make Sheamus relevant in the wrestling world again, he's class.

I loved what I've seen, I've loved the John Cena/Rock/Miz stuff and its making Miz look like a fucking star which he is, and even his strongest doubters have to sit up and notice now.

Surprised Brian Christopher got a shit reaction, suppose he was the Marty Janetty of Too Cool though.

• Paid Members

Super Cena got it spot on for me, another good episode of Raw with good content coming out of it.

I've been saying how Miz would get to establish himself in the war of words between Cena & The Rock, and boy is he doing it now in a big way. Two weeks in a row he's certified himself as someone who is above the 'third wheel' moniker people were giving him. Miz's promo and beatdown on Cena were the stuff of heel goodness the likes of which we need to see more often. Top Rock Bottom by the way.

As for my boy, Rocky once again brought the goodness. The confrontation with messers Cena and Miz is imminent and I for one can't wait.

The way i look at it is If you are only a occasional wwe viewer you may not know why del Rio is (or at least know much about him,esp if you only watch RAW), they just trying to give him as much exposure as they can before mania

Alberto Del Rio has been on Raw almost as much as he's been on SmackDown this year.

Thanks to just a few video vignettes showcasing Sin Cara over the past few weeks, we now know more about the Sin Cara character than we do about 90% of anybody's in TNA. I'm not meaning "know more about" as in more famous and more people know about them, I specifically mean the actual character.

What have these vignettes told you about Sin Cara other than that he's an "International superstar" from Mexico who wears a mask and does flips and shit? You can criticise TNA for many, many things but to suggest that they don't invest enough time into their characters and personalities is absolutely retarded.

Thanks to just a few video vignettes showcasing Sin Cara over the past few weeks, we now know more about the Sin Cara character than we do about 90% of anybody's in TNA. I'm not meaning "know more about" as in more famous and more people know about them, I specifically mean the actual character.

What have these vignettes told you about Sin Cara other than that he's an "International superstar" from Mexico who wears a mask and does flips and shit? You can criticise TNA for many, many things but to suggest that they don't invest enough time into their characters and personalities is absolutely retarded.

I personally don't believe that TNA do a brilliant job of getting solid individual characters and gimmicks over. Aside from former WWE wrestlers, a quick look at their roster page and other than a select few I'd struggle to describe in a few sentences what their characters were, the sane way you can do with WWE wrestlers. Nearly every well defined character in the company is a gimmick which was created somewhere else, usually while the wrestler was in WWE.

I will admit that I very very rarely watch TNA these days, but certainly up until the point I stopped I would say that it was like this.

• Paid Members

I personally don't believe that TNA do a brilliant job of getting solid individual characters and gimmicks over. Aside from former WWE wrestlers, a quick look at their roster page and other than a select few I'd struggle to describe in a few sentences what their characters were, the sane way you can do with WWE wrestlers. Nearly every well defined character in the company is a gimmick which was created somewhere else, usually while the wrestler was in WWE.

I will admit that I very very rarely watch TNA these days, but certainly up until the point I stopped I would say that it was like this.

You didn't answer his question.

• Paid Members
Aside from former WWE wrestlers, a quick look at their roster page and other than a select few I'd struggle to describe in a few sentences what their characters were, the sane way you can do with WWE wrestlers. Nearly every well defined character in the company is a gimmick which was created somewhere else, usually while the wrestler was in WWE.

The only thing Vince Russo is actually praised for is the fact he makes everyone on his roster have a character. The Attitude era is a prime example of this. Whether you think its a good character or not is another question, but Russo has always invested time into everyones character whether it was in the WWF, WCW or TNA. His problem is most of these characters are completely mental and dont highlight the stregnths of the person portraying the character, but the one thing you cant knock TNA for is the characters backstories. You have a fat Bully who likes to push people around, a bent televangelist, a Samoan Submission Machine, Four suit-wearing and well respected TNA originals, a pair of arrogant pricks from the Jersey Shore, a Mexican who dislikes "gringos" and all-sorts. Even jobbers like Eric Young and Orlando Jordan have gimmicks and all of the women have a gimmick. There's more characters in TNA than you can shake a stick at.

Archived