Raw discussion 14/03/2011

Shit Poster

• Paid Members

Wow, 4 raws in a row and i enjoyed them all!

Rock was funny, The music over the miz bit was dumb as hell, but i can live with that.

I feared the worst when i saw Miz vs the turd. Lucky he was beat down and made the miz look stronger.

Fastforward all the womens crap.

Jerry, Brian bit was lame.

Why put the belt on Sheamus? HHH made him look like a total jobber the other week.

Orton Punk is gold.

Main event was good, miz made it great. The fans fell for it when he came out.

His beat down of cena was very very un PG.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else's Sky+ buggered this up for them? I woke up early to watch this before work but my series link seems to have cancelled itself - last night's Raw hasn't recorded, and next week's hasn't added itself to the planner. I'm sure it was set to record when I went to bed last night though. Arses.

It was a decent show I suppose, Sheamus/Bryan was great, the Orton match/seg was predictable but still decent, The Rock opening promo wasn't too bad. However I'm not quite sure why they threw away the first ever TV match between Cena and Del Rio. These days they just make everyone face anyone without thinking that it could potentially be a WrestleMania first-time meeting sometime down the line.

The Miz is finally finding his feet as champ these last few shows. Unfortunate that it'll most likely come crashing to a halt in three weeks :(

Has anyone else's Sky+ buggered this up for them? I woke up early to watch this before work but my series link seems to have cancelled itself - last night's Raw hasn't recorded, and next week's hasn't added itself to the planner. I'm sure it was set to record when I went to bed last night though. Arses.

I checked mine before I went to bed, and, the series link had cancelled itself, and there was no recording set for that night. Thankfully managed to re-set it. But dunno why it was cancelled.

I really enjoyed the stuff with The Rock at the beginning, The Miz was on fire, and that security box that Michael Cole was sitting in was gold. It was also great to see JR back, and I hope he does Wrestlemania. Thats as far as it goes for me though. That Jersey Shore/Trish/Vickie stuff was even more cringe-worthy than Trish and Booker T's Elimination Chamber promo. I mean, it was god awful. I felt like I was watching a terrible school play or something. And where was Undertaker and Triple H?

• Paid Members

I checked mine before I went to bed, and, the series link had cancelled itself, and there was no recording set for that night. Thankfully managed to re-set it. But dunno why it was cancelled.

I forgot to check mine. Woke up to find that Raw hasn't recorded but next weeks IS on the planner. Bloody thing.

The Cole Mine was almost a good idea, but doesn't really make sense. He said it exists to protect him, yet he left it voluntarily anyway. And besides, Jerry can't smack Cole coz he'd get them both fired, if I understand it correctly. And then, of course, there wasn't a roof. It certainly wasn't "gold", which seems to be the word round here whenever anything is LOLZER-worthy.

• Paid Members
The Cole Mine was almost a good idea, but doesn't really make sense. He said it exists to protect him, yet he left it voluntarily anyway. And besides, Jerry can't smack Cole coz he'd get them both fired, if I understand it correctly.

Well done, you've just answered you're own question.

The Cole Mine was almost a good idea, but doesn't really make sense. He said it exists to protect him, yet he left it voluntarily anyway. And besides, Jerry can't smack Cole coz he'd get them both fired, if I understand it correctly.

Well done, you've just answered you're own question.

There was no question in there. There was no need for the cage if he wasn't gonna stay in it, that's all.

Yet another highly entertaining Raw. I've not missed an episode this year, and they've all been good at worst.

I skipped the Divas segment, which is what I do each week so I'll refrain from commenting on that. Also, Orton's match messed up whilst I was watching it and haven't bothered watching it yet.

The Rock's show-opening promo wasn't bad; it wasn't as good as we usually get from The Rock, but anything that he's involved in is entertaining at the very least.

Michael Cole is on fire, I'm loving everything that he's involved in. His dancing to Sexay's entrance was awesome; it was brilliant to see JR back on our screens. Christopher's promo hardly set the wrestling industry on fire, but we've seen worse. I think that the Lawler/Cole feud has a nice old school feel to it, and they're both playing their respective roles perfectly. Lawler's facial expressions alone look as though he wants to punch Cole's lights out. For those moaning about Cole's box not having a roof, who gives a flying fuck? It's ace.

The promo videos they're showing for the 'Taker/Triple H match are some of the best I've ever seen. Cannot wait for the match.

Thanks to just a few video vignettes showcasing Sin Cara over the past few weeks, we now know more about the Sin Cara character than we do about 90% of anybody's in TNA. I'm not meaning "know more about" as in more famous and more people know about them, I specifically mean the actual character.

I really enjoyed Sheamus' match against Daniel Bryan. I was really rallying behind Bryan, and it's sometimes hard to get behind and support a babyface in wrestling these days, but I certainly did throughout this one.

I'm surprised that they gave the first Cena/Del Rio match away on TV, but at least it didn't last too long and will probably never be mentioned again. I can't wait until these two actually square off 'properly'.

I enjoyed the final segment, The Miz looked very much like The Rock there and I initially thought that it was him when he came out. A big haha at the members of the WWE Universe who were still cheering when it was already blatantly obvious that it wasn't The Great One.

All in all, another very good show.

It was a decent show I suppose, Sheamus/Bryan was great, the Orton match/seg was predictable but still decent, The Rock opening promo wasn't too bad. However I'm not quite sure why they threw away the first ever TV match between Cena and Del Rio. These days they just make everyone face anyone without thinking that it could potentially be a WrestleMania first-time meeting sometime down the line.

The Miz is finally finding his feet as champ these last few shows. Unfortunate that it'll most likely come crashing to a halt in three weeks :(

They are one day going to have a proper PPV feud, they could not have them have a long match on tv for free before hand. And besides they want both number 1 contenders to look strong going into mania. Its all quite logical why they 'threw it away' when you think about it

And the divas match/segment was highly entertaining, looking forward to a Trish/Laycool feud

Archived