Raw discussion 14/03/2011

Shit Poster

• Paid Members
They have apparently said they are stretching the PG rating until WrestleMania and then its all back to normal. Its not like anyone's getting their cocks out anyway. SmackDown in 99/2000 was PG as well, and that featured more rude behavour than what we see at the minute. WCW was more naughty during the nWo era than it is currently. Its WWE's choice if they want to get a bit edgier. Its all back to normal after Mania though.

Much to your disapointment. :laugh:

I honestly believe that was one of the reasons the ratings dropped this week. Surely I'm not alone.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Random quesiton but when Miz took the bald cap off why did it seem like the rest of his face was prosthetics? It just looked weird and couldn't get my head round what it was, his face was tanned and his forehead white and where they met there seemed to be a seam where there was more make up. I couldn't decide if the white was more prosthetics or the rest of his face was or neither and it was just tan. Can anybody clear that up from my ramblings? :laugh:

I noticed that as well lol. Couldnt get my head round that one either!

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed RAW, I thought The Rock/"Cena" segment was hilarious, and I love how Miz fooled the live crowd when he came out as Rock, he had the mannerisms nailed. He actually had me fooled for a few seconds too.

I loved Michael Cole's antics as usual, and Vickie Guerrero's "Rolling Stone" comments were brilliant too. Actually, it was one of the best RAWs from a comedy perspective in years.

Nobody's really said this so far I don't think, but the crowd were pretty dead all night. That took away from some of the angles/matches for me. Shame.

Really enjoyed RAW, I thought The Rock/"Cena" segment was hilarious, and I love how Miz fooled the live crowd when he came out as Rock, he had the mannerisms nailed. He actually had me fooled for a few seconds too.

I loved Michael Cole's antics as usual, and Vickie Guerrero's "Rolling Stone" comments were brilliant too. Actually, it was one of the best RAWs from a comedy perspective in years.

Nobody's really said this so far I don't think, but the crowd were pretty dead all night. That took away from some of the angles/matches for me. Shame.

Not sure what has been up with the Raw crowds recently, they've been pretty dead for the last few weeks...especially weird as Raw has been class sine the Rumble (and perhaps before that)...

I can't believe how amusingly awkward the Brian Christopher intro dancing was.

I was thinking the same, but he was pretty much a jobber for most of his WWF career. He was pretty popular with Too Cool for about 6 months or so in 2000, thats it really.

• Paid Members

Normally would wait for Thursday night to see Raw but that fucker NEWM's drooling over the show made me desperate to watch so for the first time ever, I watched it on Youtube. Which was shit. The show however, was very, very good. It started and ended brilliantly. The whole thing was enough to make me forget last week and I'd now happily pay to watch John Cena vs. The Rock, John Cena vs. The Miz and The Rock vs. The Miz. They need to make it happen.

The Shemus/Bryan match was way too short and undramatic for my liking. Decent action while it lasted though. I'd be lying if i said I wasn't disappointed with what they have planned for Morrison and Ziggler at WrestleMania.

I really enjoyed the whole Sexay/Lawler/Cole/Ross/Swagger fest. All very well produced.

The crowd were much more into the show this week which always helps. The pop when Lawler said that GS was a bigger screw-up than Charlie Sheen was great. Also the pop for "The Rock" was ace and made it one of the best swerves ever.

I was thinking the same, but he was pretty much a jobber for most of his WWF career. He was pretty popular with Too Cool for about 6 months or so in 2000, thats it really.

He was the initial cornerstone of the light-heavyweight division circa '97. He was tremendous at that time imo. Quality, quality worker.

I'd seen Brian Christopher a few months ago in Lawler's latest memphis promotion (the real shit one with no Corey). He looked shit! Seemed not as bad on Raw this week.

The dancing was a bit uncomfortable to watch but it did bring him down as a bonifed knobhead though so job done I suppose.

Not sure what has been up with the Raw crowds recently, they've been pretty dead for the last few weeks...especially weird as Raw has been class sine the Rumble (and perhaps before that)...

I'd say it's probably because a majority of people in the crowd for Raw and SmackDown these days are people who've never seen the past work of Trish Stratus, Booker T, Jerry Lawler, Brian Christopher, JBL, Steve Austin and The Rock, among others I may have possibly forgotton. WrestleMania season may be good for us older ones because they bring in some oldies to stack the build-up a bit, but not for the youngsters who got into WWE as it turned PG.

I recently found my gf's 9-year old brother has been into wrestling a little bit over the last couple of years but now is really into it, getting all the toys and magazines etc. But when I asked him about Stone Cold he had no idea who he is, he barely knew why people made such a big deal of Triple H. Of course it all depends on when you get interested but I'm sure there's plenty of kids in the crowds who don't know much about the older guys yet (and may not be able to access their classic stuff because it's not PG) and they could be just as quiet because it's difficult to get behind the young guys as most of them are dull as mince. The wee lad said everybody at his school adores Cena and Mysterio, and I suppose I can't blame them when I think about it.

I must say I usually watch Raw on youtube these days though so it's even harder to judge the crowd because of the sound quality.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying there, Showtime. It's incredible how little the newer fans of today know about wrestlers who were on top only a few years ago. My little cousin thought that the Great Khali was the toughest fucker on the planet when he was World champ, and that Mysterio and Cena were the greatest ever. He knew who The Rock and Austin were, but only had extremely limited knowledge of them.

What gets me is how all the younger fans run around pretending to RKO each other; you feel like slapping piss out of them, because that used to be me pretending to Stunner my school mates.

Is anybody else surprised at how many of the younger fans who do know of TNA think that it's a part of WWE?

He was the initial cornerstone of the light-heavyweight division circa '97. He was tremendous at that time imo. Quality, quality worker.

I'd seen Brian Christopher a few months ago in Lawler's latest memphis promotion (the real shit one with no Corey). He looked shit! Seemed not as bad on Raw this week.

The dancing was a bit uncomfortable to watch but it did bring him down as a bonifed knobhead though so job done I suppose.

I thought the dancing was awesome. Too Cool was my favourite tag team for a while and I always loved Grandmaster's running man lol

That was it - Sexay's dancing was fucking ace and he's still got it, but because he's much older and, well, wasn't dressed as Grand Master Sexay, it looked very sad and that's exactly what was needed. The segment was great and I remember a few posters last week concerned that Austin's beer shower of Cole ruined momentum somewhat, and others said Cole would get his revenge this week, and that's what panned out. Great stuff from WWE, I certainly didn't want to see Cole decking Lawler AND Jim Ross.

Archived