Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

I know "They signed the contract so fuck them" is a bit of a simplistic argument but at the end of the day it's true, sign a contract in any other walk of life and you're stuck with the terms of it, that's the whole point of signing a contract

TNA can be slagged off for a lot of things but on the charge of them mistreating talent they're pretty much innocent, I'm sure we've all heard of other companies doing the same and much worse to talent, it's (sadly) the way the business is

Oh and does anyone know how much The Rock is getting for Mania and the shows leading up to it?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TNA can be slagged off for a lot of things but on the charge of them mistreating talent they're pretty much innocent, I'm sure we've all heard of other companies doing the same and much worse to talent, it's (sadly) the way the business is

I have legit never heard of a national promotion that never paid for medical expenses when wrestlers get hurt working for them but had all this money to spend on celebrities.

Whether or not it's right or not will get decided by the courts, obviously. But I reckon they'll settle with Daffney, because they don't want to go to court and try and justify some of the things they've done.

• Paid Members
I have legit never heard of a national promotion that never paid for medical expenses when wrestlers get hurt working for them but had all this money to spend on celebrities.

Again what medical expenses? She never required surgury. The only thing she missed out on was dates that she couldnt perform on, and since she is paid on a appearance bases, how is that TNA's fault? If she was injured in a PWG ring, does that mean they have to pay her for dates that she misses as well? If she needed knee surgury after an injury in their ring, then they'd pay it. If she has to miss dates due to the fact wrestling isnt ballet, then its the same deal. Remember Mike Bell? Saturn kicked this blokes arse, threw him around and dropped him on his head. Guess how much the WWF paid him? Bollock all. Because he got banged up due to a bit of a scuffle. Jerry Lynn got dropped on his shoulder by Juventud Guerrera. Who does Lynn blame? Guerrera. Why? Because your body is your money and if your fellow worker doesnt take care of you, then its his fault. Wrestling promotions pay independent contractors for surgury they require so they can perform. Wrestling promotions dont pay you money because you missed an autograph signing at a Tekkan Convention because you took a risk during an untelevised match.

• Paid Members
I know "They signed the contract so fuck them" is a bit of a simplistic argument but at the end of the day it's true, sign a contract in any other walk of life and you're stuck with the terms of it, that's the whole point of signing a contract

It's not that simple, though. Contracts in every walk of life as well as wrestling have been challenged and over-turned before if they've been proven to be unfair. This isn't a comment on the current situation in TNA or WWE, just pointing out that signing a contract is not an absolute rule. Look at Lesnar - signed a contract when he quit WWE in which they got him to agree to appear for no competitors for ten years. Then, when he wanted to get into MMA (I think), he engineered a legal case whereby he pretended he wanted to come back to WWE, just because he knew he could rely on them to be vindictive and offer him much less than they were paying him before. With that offer, he was able to go to a court and say "Look, they made me sign a ten-year no-compete because they claimed it was worth that much money to them, yet THIS offer clearly shows it's not." He got the contract annulled.

If she needed knee surgury after an injury in their ring, then they'd pay it.

No, they wouldn't. They'd lend her the cash, but she'd be expected to pay it back.

And even if she never required surgery, all that stuff that happened to her would still require medical costs. Whether it's going to the hospital and/or getting tests done.

he entire basis for the "TNA is evil" argument. If a TNA wrestler says something (Like Madison denying she missed a show due to money issues) then they are clearly lying, but if fucking CAGESIDESEATSDOTCOM reports a "story" from a 10th hand source then "people" like you take it as gospel, each and every time.

Fucking hell.

Yeah, there is a bit too much credibility given to these "news sites" if you ask me.

I think people are forgetting, at least two of Daffneys most recent injuries where BECAUSE of TNA.

She suffered an injury (it was either a broken arm or a major concusion) whilst taking a chokeslam through a barbwire board. Now whilst you can argue the point on that one the other one is far less defendable. Daffney suffered internal bruising, a stinger and a concusion against Betsy Ruth, TNA shouldn't have been putting anyone so green into the ring that it was unsafe.

So yeah I think she has a case.

Also people shouldn't forget, it is well known that Angelina Love was told to work a match in TNA 2 days after she recieved a major concunsion (which she also suffered in a TNA ring).

And if people don't already realise this, TNA does NOT pay medical expenses, they give the person a loan and expect to be paid back. Now considering WWE paid medical, WCW did this also, and even ECW did this and that TNA is a multi-million dollar company, thats outta line.

• Paid Members
I think people are forgetting, at least two of Daffneys most recent injuries where BECAUSE of TNA.

No, she suffered injuries "working" for TNA, you fucking moron. TNA didn't force her to go out and injure herself, Hogan and Bischoff didn't double team her dog either, despite the reports you want to believe so much.

She suffered an injury (it was either a broken arm or a major concusion) whilst taking a chokeslam through a barbwire board.

And look how she took the bump, noone to blame but herself, the silly slag.

Daffney suffered internal bruising, a stinger and a concusion against Betsy Ruth, TNA shouldn't have been putting anyone so green into the ring that it was unsafe.

Injuries happen. Young talent get tryouts, that's the business. Daffney's no Bret Hart either, didn't she injure Angelina Love a few years ago?, should Angelina and everyone else that's been in a ring with her sue TNA?, obviously you're not going to answer "yes" as it doesn't fit your agenda-ridden "believe what we want" campaign against TNA.

TNA will never be SHIMMER 2.0. The sooner "people" like you, and the jokes of websites you visit realise that, the better.

they give the person a loan and expect to be paid back.

You mean the exact same thing WWE did when they paid for Superstar Billy Grahams hip?.

Shut up.

• Paid Members
how does that make me less of a person than a crude troll?

Because this crude troll....

(1) Doesn't believe everything he reads on the internet

(2) Actually uses facts, rather than hearsay.

(3) Doesn't live in a fantasy world where every female "wrestler" that steps into a TNA ring is a huge draw.

(4) Doesn't still believe (3) despite the ratings trends being pointed out a billion times.

(5) Doesn't fit the exact stereotype of an internet wrestling fan, straight to a fucking tee.

(6) Doesn't back away from an argument when presented with a point that goes against his argument.

(7)Doesn't find Hamada attractive.

(8) Doesn't make youtube film review videos.

Should I keep going?.

• Moderators

Also, isn't it worth noting that it's only Daffney? Scott Steiner gets his surgery paid for because he's Scott Steiner and he's worth it. Daffney is nothing, so she can pay her own. Read the contract before you sign it, that's my advice.

• Paid Members
Also people shouldn't forget, it is well known that Angelina Love was told to work a match in TNA 2 days after she recieved a major concunsion (which she also suffered in a TNA ring).

Angelina Love (after her concussion):About returning to the ring only a couple of days later: They went easy on me at TV because they knew how hard I was. But then, yeah, you've got to make a living, so I was doing indie shows about five days later. It probably wasn't too safe, but...(laughs)

Poor girl felt so forced by TNA into wrestling straight after her 'major' concussion, that she was accepting Indy dates the very same week. People are responsable for their own actions. If she was in such bad shape, surely those Indy promoters and Love herself are at fault, also? Or are wrestlers such spoonfed babies that they cant make decisions on their own?

Archived