Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

• Paid Members

Well dont take a job if its not financially agreeable with your lifestyle. There's fringe benefits from being on a televised wrestling show. Thats why they allow you to work indy dates. If your on television, your money on the indy scene goes up and selling gimmicks is more viable. Its the same with everyone, not just the women. If Daffney isnt on a downside guarentee, what exactly is she asking for then? If her contract states that TNA dont have to pay her if she isnt making appearances for them (injured or not), then she shouldnt have signed the contract. If she's injured on an indy show, does that mean this one shot indy promotion should pay her for the dates she is missing? The only way I see Daffney winning anything against TNA in court is if Dixie Carter has the same lawyer she had when Hogan took her to court and got the company off her.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well dont take a job if its not financially agreeable with your lifestyle. There's fringe benefits from being on a televised wrestling show. Thats why they allow you to work indy dates. If your on television, your money on the indy scene goes up and selling gimmicks is more viable. Its the same with everyone, not just the women. If Daffney isnt on a downside guarentee, what exactly is she asking for then? If her contract states that TNA dont have to pay her if she isnt making appearances for them (injured or not), then she shouldnt have signed the contract. If she's injured on an indy show, does that mean this one shot indy promotion should pay her for the dates she is missing? The only way I see Daffney winning anything against TNA in court is if Dixie Carter has the same lawyer she had when Hogan took her to court and got the company off her.

You should read the other article on there about tna and what a headache they are for indy promoters to deal with. Partly why you have people working sidejobs is cause they don't get indy dates anymore. I know with Shimmer, overcharging for knockouts was pretty much why they went in a joshi direction instead of using more KOs.

• Paid Members

Dont sign a contract to work for them then. If you know your going to end up getting fucked somewhere down the road and the money is so bad you have to work a real job, why are these women signing contracts to work for them? People seem to have so much sympathy for these women, but they are the one's signing the contracts. Poor BG James got the sack from TNA just because he was friends with someone who was in the dog house. Nobody started a thread about that. Wrestling is a cruel business and bear's shit in the woods.

Also, get a good agent before you sign. Nash's agent is famously good, and I believe a number of people use him now when negotiating with TNA.

Also, get a good agent before you sign. Nash's agent is famously good, and I believe a number of people use him now when negotiating with TNA.

Nash has leverage. He was a fairly big star in the 90s. What leverage does some indy work have? You say you don't want to wrestle $200 a match and are bringing in an agent, they just say they'll find someone else.

Dont sign a contract to work for them then. If you know your going to end up getting fucked somewhere down the road and the money is so bad you have to work a real job, why are these women signing contracts to work for them? People seem to have so much sympathy for these women, but they are the one's signing the contracts. Poor BG James got the sack from TNA just because he was friends with someone who was in the dog house. Nobody started a thread about that. Wrestling is a cruel business and bear's shit in the woods.

Seriously, you're even trying to justify them paying guys nothing and then blocking outside dates?

Why people sign it is covered in the article. They have a dream and its the only place they can go if wwe aren't interested. And, yes, it is dumb, but that doesn't make it okay for tna to take advantage. And, again, name me one contract that gives you permission to treat people like shit? There are limits to what a contract can do.

• Paid Members

The article is full of shit though, and since most of your posts on this forum concern it, it was probably written by you or something, since you obviously have your knickers in a twist over it. I find it easy to justify some idiot signing a contract that is totally against their interests and then bitching about it later. If the money is so bad, then surely she could have got by on the independents or this "real job" people keep blabbering about. Answer me this: if the money is so shit that they cant afford to work another job why dont they just stick with the independents? Daffney's worked for WCW. She's been on television before, so this whole "having a dream" thing isnt relevent to her. She has a slight bit of name value from the early part of the decade.

And how come Velvet Sky, Angelina Love and Madison Rayne arent complaining (and have all came out and stood up for the benefits of working for the company)? These are adults, not kids for fucks sake.

The article is full of shit though, and since most of your posts on this forum concern it, it was probably written by you or something. I find it easy to justify some idiot signing a contract that is totally against their interests and then bitching about it later. If the money is so bad, then surely she could have got by on the independents or this "real job" people keep blabbering about. Answer me this: if the money is so shit that they cant afford to work another job why dont they just stick with the independents? Daffney's worked for WCW. She's been on television before, so this whole "having a dream" thing isnt relevent to her. She has a slight bit of name value from the early part of the decade.

And how come Velvet Sky, Angelina Love and Madison Rayne arent complaining (and have all came out and stood up for the benefits of working for the company)? These are adults, not kids for fucks sake.

I didn't write it. I just think it's daft that the only defense people have left is "well, they signed it". You thought they had donwside guarantees. Most of them don't. Then you said they had outside dates to make cash. It's pointed out that they're a pain in the arse for indy promoters. And you're STILL defending them. What?

And in wrestling what people say in public isn't how they feel in private. Ted DiBiase probably says in interviews he's happy and not complaining, but thats not how he feels in private, I bet.

• Paid Members
I didn't write it. I just think it's daft that the only defense people have left is "well, they signed it". You thought they had donwside guarantees. Most of them don't. Then you said they had outside dates to make cash. It's pointed out that they're a pain in the arse for indy promoters. And you're STILL defending them. What?

I'm not defending whats on the paper. I'm condeming people who know full well what they are getting into when they sign it. Yet you cant see this because I'm sure you wouldnt be happy unless Roxxi Laveaux was the WWE US Champion. Women are 10 a penny in wrestling. In TNA the likes of Daffney are booked like an indy promoter books talent, because the WWE dont want her and never have. She isnt Goldberg. She isnt in danger of being snapped up while she's in the semi finals of the Gaunglet for the Gold or anything. Go and bitch to Shimmer that they only book talent as well, because thats what TNA does. You even said they pay them per appearance. TNA are on television. They HAVE to control their indy dates, because they HAVE to know when they are available. TNA dont want their wrestlers who they might want to use as a regular (which Daffney was) to be getting beat by Ms. Klondike Sherri Stratus on a MLPWXV show.

Also, seriously, in wrestling what people say in public isn't how they feel in private. Ted DiBiase probably says in interviews he's happy and not complaining, but thats not how he feels in private, I bet.

And the internet is filled with agenda ridden bullshit and favourtism towards our favourites (which we are all guilty of). How do you actually know all of the shite that was written on that website is actually true, anyway?

Fair enough, I'm not disputing it's dumb to sign, but it doesn't let TNA off the hook. And no, I don't think Roxxi as US champion wuld be a good idea.

As far as indy dates goes, I think if you're only paying some girl $200 a match, the least you can do is let her have control over indy dates, and not take any booking fee. Only reason to sign for such a low amount is advertising yourself to indy promoters. And if its someone like Madison, who is always needed for tv, pay her more money to justify interfering with her outside dates.

• Paid Members
And in wrestling what people say in public isn't how they feel in private.

Ah, yes, the entire basis for the "TNA is evil" argument. If a TNA wrestler says something (Like Madison denying she missed a show due to money issues) then they are clearly lying, but if fucking CAGESIDESEATSDOTCOM reports a "story" from a 10th hand source then "people" like you take it as gospel, each and every time.

Fucking hell.

• Paid Members

There's a lot of that about recently, and its always defending the women wrestlers. Wrestling is a business where people as useless and personality deprived as Sable can become millionaires, just because they are an easy wank for saddos like myself. Brooke Adams will have no trouble finding easy money somewhere else, no matter how shit she is at her at her job. Nobody seemed to give a fuck about poor Damien Demento or Headbanger Thrasher when they got released. If you want fairness and equal opportunities, dont get a job in the business where Snooki can come in and get paid more in one night than your secondary Champion will all year. The likelihood of making quick, easy and undeserved money is far higher for females than it is for Kizarny and Scott Goldman.

And in wrestling what people say in public isn't how they feel in private.

Ah, yes, the entire basis for the "TNA is evil" argument. If a TNA wrestler says something (Like Madison denying she missed a show due to money issues) then they are clearly lying, but if fucking CAGESIDESEATSDOTCOM reports a "story" from a 10th hand source then "people" like you take it as gospel, each and every time.

Fucking hell.

Speaking of that rumor, here's a fun fact that most people don't even realise. Other than AJ Styles, Madison was the person who worked the most TNA shows last year. She did something like 120 dates for TNA. Clearly though she's broke and can't afford to work the house shows. :)

• Paid Members
Is that true about Snooki? How much did she get paid? I'm not convinced by that.

Snooki gets $30,000 per episode to do Jersey Shore and charges that for an appearance at nightclubs and other shithole venues. Imagine what she'll be getting paid to appear on a highly rated cable show like Monday Night Raw and to actually wrestle on PPV at WrestleMania? This bitch will be raking it in. She's a massive star. Far bigger than Sheamus and Daniel Bryan. How can you not be convinced that she'll be forking it in? TNA couldnt afford her, and they throw money around like its water.

Archived