Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

She can have a decent match under the right circumstance, but WWE arent after that, so if she is released tomorrow, WWE will not lose anything and not many people would miss her.

I don't disagree with that.

Like I said, I'm not trying to put her over as the best female wrestler ever or anything silly. I just took exception to Butch calling her "next to useless". I think thats very unfair.

Sure, she's not the Greatest Of All Time or anything, but a useless wrestler wouldn't have put on some of the most fun and heated women's matches in the USA in years. Her feud with Kong was fucking class and showed that (with the right team behind her) she was more than capable of having good matches and getting very over.

If she was of great use and import, people would care about her surely? All manner of useless wrestlers can have good matches and get over with the right team behind them. Christ, I've even enjoyed Harris Brothers matches when everything is in the right place.

The bit in bold is virtually my entire point.

She has NEVER had the 'team' behind her at any point. That's what i'm saying!

I feel she has the talent for a higher position than she has, but they have never shown any interest in her being anything other than a weekend show extra.

She is lower-card fodder. Just like Freddie Joe Floyd was in the mid-nineties. I'm pretty sure there are a few people on here who would rate Tracey Smothers as a great worker, but WWF decided he was just gonna be a bottom-card jobber, so that's all he ever was.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She has NEVER had the 'team' behind her at any point. That's what i'm saying!

I feel she has the talent for a higher position than she has, but they have never shown any interest in her being anything other than a weekend show extra.

No, they gave her weeks of build-up Matrix rip-off videos when she first debuted, then she turned out to be shit and they gave up any hope of her being the next big women's division star. She's been nothing but awful since she came back as well. Apparently she's better in a small pond, but she's been diabolical at everything in WWE.

Pat O'Neill over at the torch, the one who's a lawyer, says the real issue is that she's asking for a worker's comp as an employee, not as an independent contractor. If it's found she is an employee and can claim for it, tna may have to pay out to everyone for lost benefits and such. It seems to be a bit like the Raven lawsuit, which was thrown out for timing reasons. This might be different.

• Paid Members
Pat O'Neill over at the torch, the one who's a lawyer, says the real issue is that she's asking for a worker's comp as an employee, not as an independent contractor. If it's found she is an employee and can claim for it, tna may have to pay out to everyone for lost benefits and such. It seems to be a bit like the Raven lawsuit, which was thrown out for timing reasons. This might be different.

Could that not, (if precedence laws are the same in the USA) apply to the WWF/WWE as well though?

• Paid Members

She isnt an employee though. She was working indy dates while she was wrestling for TNA. Shit like this always happens, and it never comes to anything. She should read the contract before she signs it.

She isnt an employee though. She was working indy dates while she was wrestling for TNA. Shit like this always happens, and it never comes to anything. She should read the contract before she signs it.

It's been noted that TNA have full control over indy dates in most cases too and take some of the money from those dates. Nobody really believes that WWE wrestlers are indepedent contractors and you could say the same for TNA wrestlers. It would be easy to challenge in court, just most wrestlers don't want to risk being blackballed.

Of course, if Daffney were in WWE, WWE probably would have covered her injuries, even if they weren't legally obligated to. Which they usually do, because I guess they don't want to risk a lawsuit over the independent contractor issue or something similar. TNA weren't smart enough to know they had to do that avoid a situation like this much and now they've got someone challenging the entire thing and it could cost them way more than simply covering her issues would have.

• Paid Members
Of course, if Daffney were in WWE, WWE probably would have covered her injuries

Daffney didnt require surgury did she? WWE pays you your downside if you off television. Same as TNA. Test got injured, WWE paid for his surgury then they sacked him. WWE and TNA pay you what it says on the paper you signed. If Daffney had to fork out money for surgury for an injury she suffered in a TNA ring thats a different story. Konnan took TNA to court over that, but he wanted money for injures he had suffered over a 20 year career.

I think WWE pay for most medical related stuff don't they? At least that's what I've always head. I'm sure Daffney's had to spend a fair amount of time in hospital too, which costs a lot in the us.

Another issue might be TNA picking and choosing whose medical care they for. I'm sure some of the bigger names have it covered, but others don't. Konnan's lawsuit was over whether it was race related issue, because Steiner's srugery was paid for, and him and Ron Killings had to pay back the money TNA gave them for surgery. Daffney can claim it's because she's a woman, maybe.

I think TNA will just quickly settle like with Konnan and pay her off. It's probably not worth opening up a can of worms by having this dragged out.

Of course, if Daffney were in WWE, WWE probably would have covered her injuries

Daffney didnt require surgury did she? WWE pays you your downside if you off television. Same as TNA. Test got injured, WWE paid for his surgury then they sacked him. WWE and TNA pay you what it says on the paper you signed. If Daffney had to fork out money for surgury for an injury she suffered in a TNA ring thats a different story. Konnan took TNA to court over that, but he wanted money for injures he had suffered over a 20 year career.

Yeah, but apparently Konnan said they convinced him to keep going with an already bad hip, which pretty much destroyed it, by promising they would pay. He was going to leave until they promised him that.

One allegation, mentioned in the article, was that people in the office would apparently slip him painkillers so he could keep going.

Archived