Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

how does that make me less of a person than a crude troll?

Because this crude troll....

(1) Doesn't believe everything he reads on the internet

(2) Actually uses facts, rather than hearsay.

(3) Doesn't live in a fantasy world where every female "wrestler" that steps into a TNA ring is a huge draw.

(4) Doesn't still believe (3) despite the ratings trends being pointed out a billion times.

(5) Doesn't fit the exact stereotype of an internet wrestling fan, straight to a fucking tee.

(6) Doesn't back away from an argument when presented with a point that goes against his argument.

(7)Doesn't find Hamada attractive.

(8) Doesn't make youtube film review videos.

And on another couple of points.

1- Angelina had a booking 5 days after her Lockdown match, but I think its safe to say that she made that booking BEFORE he injury. And wasn't asked to do the match by a company that knew full well she was injured a couple of days in advance.

2- Are you seriously suggesting that Daffney who is "nothing" can afford to get surgery, but long term main eventer Scott Steiner can't?

Should I keep going?.

1- I don't believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet, I read your responses don't I?

2- Thats open to intetpretation

3- I am not saying that they are a huge draw, its just interesting to note that at least 3 of the Knockouts have left over money.

4- My point was that much higher paid (so called) draws weren't taking the ratings any higher

5- What on earth are you taking about.

6- Because I have better things to do with my time then argue with a troll

7- I said she's not ugly, that doesn't nessicarly mean she's attractive.

8- I find it so nice that you took the time to look me up on youtube and watch my one film review I have done, notice how I haven't done this with you?

And on another couple of points made by other posters

1- I am sure Angelina made that booking BEFORE her injury, and wasn't asked to do a match by a company who knew full well that she was injured (having had to give her treatment only days before)

2- Are you seriously suggesting that "nothing" Daffney can afford surgery but long time main eventer and international superstar Scott Steiner can't?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1- I am sure Angelina made that booking BEFORE her injury, and wasn't asked to do a match by a company who knew full well that she was injured (having had to give her treatment only days before)

Can you seriously not see the flaws in what you just wrote there? TNA ALSO booked Angelina Love for the TV tapings BEFORE her injury. Is Angelina Love really that important to a independent show that she cant cancel due to MAJOR INJURY!~ like your keep saying. On her own back she performed a series of independent dates after the injury. She had a week to cancel if it was so bad. She made the call to wrestle those dates. Stop trying to justify things to make your argument stronger, because saying she booked the dates before her injury and then trying to make excuses for the fact that she worked those dates makes you sound like the one who's looking for a defence for her actions. She should know better than to work dates injured if its so serious. She shouldnt have wrestled the indy dates if she was so injured. Her stupid fault. And she's tits and arse anyway. Its not like they are desperate for her to be on the show.

• Paid Members

OK, I'm a bit late to this party, but I think I've caught up.

Anyone who says "ohhh they can't do whatever they want just because they have the talent under contract" is right. There needs to be consideration for the contract to be enforceable.

SO, when TNA offers a contract to Angelina Love, Shark Boy, the guy from Scream or the dog from Married With Children, they will stipulate a load of things like if they can accept indy dates or not and other crap, in return for consideration. This consideration for Angelina is stuff like pay, exposure on tv, whatever the cut is from putting her likeness on a DVD, calendar, plastercast, sewing kit etc, or turning her into a video game sprite, an action figure, a fleshlight or whatever.

There is consideration, she signs it. Doesnt like it later? Tough. Stick to it, ask for your release, or do whatever you want and risk getting sued for breach of contract.

But far more important than that...

I'd give it to Hamada.

I used to have a massive thing for younger, slimmer Hamada. Well, it wasn't massive, but it was a thing.

And if people don't already realise this, TNA does NOT pay medical expenses, they give the person a loan and expect to be paid back. Now considering WWE paid medical, WCW did this also, and even ECW did this and that TNA is a multi-million dollar company, thats outta line.

Its been said CZW are known for paying for injuries too.

So, TNA is being outclassed by a little known garbage fed.

Also people shouldn't forget, it is well known that Angelina Love was told to work a match in TNA 2 ? Or are wrestlers such spoonfed babies that they cant make decisions on their own?

Hey, I get that, but aren't some of the stuff TNA doing actually illegal?

Even in America, which seems to come down on the side of the corporations, you're telling me it's not illegal for this major company to not blood test, then have guys bleed over other and brawl in the crowd? And pressure guys into bleeding and punish them if they say no? Or encourage this x division style that makes it way more likely for guys to end up in the hospital, but then refuse to pay the bill? I mean, come on.

I know wrestling is a sleazy business but tna take it to a ridiculous degree.

• Paid Members
Its been said CZW are known for paying for injuries too.

Who's it been said by? You going to provide a source or is it more sensationalist bollocks?

Dont be a moron. The amount of times CZW has put their wrestlers in dangerous situations in front of about four people is so numerous, its completely killed the credibility in your argument. Also, CZW can afford to pay for injuries, considering injuries is what sell's their DVD's. Without horrific injuries, arm robbers with scars all over his forehead and a fat owner who thinks he's a balder, more greesey Paul Heyman, CZW wouldn't have an audience.

Even in America, which seems to come down on the side of the corporations, you're telling me it's not illegal for this major company to not blood test, then have guys bleed over other and brawl in the crowd? And pressure guys into bleeding and punish them if they say no? I mean, come on.

What? WWF or WCW in its most profitable era never blood tested. No Independent promotion does it in 2011. TNA are a private company. They do what they want. Maybe you should go and right the wrongs of the whole wrestling business while your on with complaining about stuff like this.

Or encourage this x division style that makes it way more likely for guys to end up in the hospital, but then refuse to pay the bill?

Who says they do. Again where are you getting your information from? Because TNA never paid for Daffney's bills when she was injured? Scott Steiner got kicked in the throat and almost died. TNA paid for it. Sting tore his shoulder out. TNA paid for it. Hogan needed back surgury from years of wrestling. AJ Styles got injured, they paid him while he was out. Hogan paid for it (because it wasnt TNA's fault). Who said they dont pay for hospital treatment? If your injured they take care of you. If you miss dates or get injured elsewhere (like Hogan and Daffney) they shouldnt.

Dont be a moron. The amount of times CZW has put their wrestlers in dangerous situations in front of about four people is so numerous, its completely killed the credibility in your argument. Also, CZW can afford to pay for injuries, considering injuries is what sell's their DVD's. Without horrific injuries, arm robbers with scars all over his forehead and a fat owner who thinks he's a balder, more greesey Paul Heyman, CZW wouldn't have an audience.

And TNA can't?

And yeah, it's not like TNA ever put any of their wrestlers in a dangerous situation. Like say, making their world champion do a match with a completely wasted guy who shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

• Paid Members
And TNA can't?

And yeah, it's not like TNA ever put any of their wrestlers in a dangerous situation. Like say, making their world champion do a match with a completely wasted guy who shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

I was pointing out your irrelevent last gasp joke posts about CZW, because Daffney cant afford to get her tits out on TNA's website anymore. Comparing TNA's stunt wrestlers to CZW's wrestlers is such a rotten argument. And Jeff Hardy is a star. Wrestling promotions hire big stars. Whether its Jeff Hardy or Andre The Giant (who couldnt speak, walk or have a shit in a public toliet). Same reason why Gail Kim botches throwing stuff out of a bucket and Michelle McCool is paid more in a week than she is in a year.

Why?

If TNA is pressuring wrestlers to do high risk moves, how is that different from some garbage fed wanting guys to do crazy stuff too? And there's less pressure with something like CZW, they don't pay anything and they're not on tv, so losing your spot because you don't want to do something isn't a big deal and guys can tell them to fuck off. TNA can at least say "hey, you can lose your job, and won't have any national exposure anymore."

• Paid Members
If TNA is pressuring wrestlers to do high risk moves, how is that different from some garbage fed wanting guys to do crazy stuff too? And there's less pressure with something like CZW, they don't pay anything and they're not on tv, so losing your spot because you don't want to do something isn't a big deal and guys can tell them to fuck off. TNA can at least say "hey, you can lose your job, and won't have any national exposure anymore."

Because they are on a national stage! You just answered your own question. They are UNDER CONTRACT wrestling on a show which is watched by over a million people every week and a huge audience in several other countries. In CZW, if you break your neck: your fucked. $300 payday every month infront of 8 people until you break your spine in three places and are left with a carved up head. The wrestlers even say you only have so many bumps on your bump card. Why would you do it infront of so few people for so little money? You never highlight the positives to wrestling on Impact every week. Your argument has so many holes it, its untrue. How can you even compare the two? And TNA isnt bad money for low level talent. They can still accept Indy dates and the "TNA STAR" on the poster means they can demand more of a fee.

You know pressuring guys to do dangerous stuff they don't want to is illegal, right? In this country and America too. And if it went to court, TNA be fucked if they openly admitted to that?

I get the whole element of wrestlers being reponsible for their actions, but when you're talking about stuff that is blatantly illegal and would cause any jury to side with the wrestler, right away, it's a different thing entirely.

"Yes your honor, we pressured _____ to take these risks, even though they didn't want to, threatened their jobs and spot on our national tv show, and then refused to pay the medical bills when they got hurt because of it."

You think any jury isn't then going to order TNA to give them every single dollars the wrestler wants?

• Paid Members

Are you a judge? Or a lawyer? No your a wrestling fan who is doing their best to stick up for a bunch of people who sign contracts for promise a action figure and a foam finger if they are lucky. The biggest marks are the wrestlers as they say. Panda Energy or Vince McMahon would murder any wrestler in court. Stop living in a dream world. Or go and tweet Dixie Carter with your article you "never" wrote and bend her ear about it, because 99% of the fans could give a fuck about these wrestlers. Bluey, dont be a hero. Dont be a fool with your life.

Archived