UFC 128: Jones vs Shogun Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members
Almeida/Pyle & Pellegrino/Tibau are on Facebook.

Great news! I like Almeida so i'm glad we're getting to see this on the night. I'm backing Almeida and Pellegrino in those fights.

Chuffed we're getting these. Should both be good fights. I think I'm going with Almeida and Tibau both by decision.

Gotta say I'm loving the little promo UFC have on Youtube for this show - especially the little smirk by Shogun:

Link

Wandshogun will love it. :laugh:

:D Good stuff. Gotta love the little touches like the smirk and the pic in my sig. It's all adding to the build.

I can't believe this fight is just a week away this Saturday. It's all happened so fast. The way this fight has just come together with such little time to hype it up doesn't seem to have hurt it one bit. People are buzzing about it.

Jones seemed very relaxed and confident in that interview on the Versus show the other night. It's easy to forget he's only 23 years old. This is a huge opportunity for him, he doesn't seem to be feeling any pressure at all. That's almost as scary as his physical abilities IMO, to be that calm despite all the hype surrounding him.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bunch of predictions/thoughts from other MMA personalities on who will win the main event. Thought these were an interesting read.

Rashad Evans

"I'm happy for Jones. I think it's a great fight for him. I think Jones is gonna smash Rua. Training with Jones in practice, he's one of the best guys I've ever trained with. The level he's gotten to so fast is scary and alarming. He's one of those guys at the gym, he'll be the first one there and the last one to leave. He's hungry, he wants it, so I'm glad if it's going to be someone to step into my place, I'm glad it's him."

Greg Jackson

With portions of his home country in ruin from this week's tragic earthquake, Yoshihiro Akiyama has withdrawn from next week's UFC 128 event.

In his place steps New Jersey native Dan Miller, who had been expected to fight on the evening's preliminary card but will now fight Nate Marquardt.

UFC executives announced the change late Friday night.

With portions of his home country in ruin from this week's tragic earthquake, Yoshihiro Akiyama has withdrawn from next week's UFC 128 event.

In his place steps New Jersey native Dan Miller, who had been expected to fight on the evening's preliminary card but will now fight Nate Marquardt.

Did you read any of the previous posts that state the exact same thing?

Did you read any of the previous posts that state the exact same thing?

Obviously not.

Accuse me of being blind or whatever, but I can't seem to see the build-up show for this event listed on ESPN except for immediately before the event on Saturday? :confused:

Doesn't look like it's being shown any earlier than that, quite annoying tbh.

• Paid Members
Accuse me of being blind or whatever, but I can't seem to see the build-up show for this event listed on ESPN except for immediately before the event on Saturday? :confused:

It's being shown at 5am on Thursday night/Friday morning.

That's a bit unusual, isn't it? Cheers anyway :thumbsup:

So it is, cheers for that.

• Paid Members

Anyone having a flutter on this? Last time I looked Jones was the favourite but I'm thinking of sticking a tenner on Shogun, Faber, Miller & Schaub.

Jones is the business but this reminds me of Lesnar/Cain where most fans thought Brock would take it but those in the know were all backing Valasquez.

Archived