UFC 128: Jones vs Shogun Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members
Anyone having a flutter on this? Last time I looked Jones was the favourite but I'm thinking of sticking a tenner on Shogun, Faber, Miller & Schaub.

Jones is the business but this reminds me of Lesnar/Cain where most fans thought Brock would take it but those in the know were all backing Valasquez.

what would that bet return? I think Miller over Marquadt is a great underdog bet in this one.

Oh, there's some of Jon Jones special being aired in America thursday too...we won't be getting that, but it should be worth tracking down.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone know why the UFC 128 main card is listed on Sky to start at 2am? With the prelims at 1am.

I thought they weren't changing the start times until the GSP/Shields show...do the clocks change this week or summat?

• Paid Members
Anyone know why the UFC 128 main card is listed on Sky to start at 2am? With the prelims at 1am.

I thought they weren't changing the start times until the GSP/Shields show...do the clocks change this week or summat?

I think the clocks went backwards in the US recently and we have yet to change ours. Raw was a 1am start this week instead of 2am.

Not sure when our clocks change but it's soon.

This should be a great event, but I can't help thinking that losing Akiyama is a huge blow, makes it looked way less stacked on paper. Nate vs Miller looks like a Fight Night fight. Wineland and Shamulos (sp?) aren't proven in the UFC either. And I'm bummed that we lost Vemola. Definitely lost the supercard appeal it had, hope it still delivers though.

I think the clocks went backwards in the US recently and we have yet to change ours. Raw was a 1am start this week instead of 2am.

They went forward but yeah, this. There's always a couple weeks inbetween when we get WWE and UFC shows an hour earlier than normal (be nice to hit the sack an hour early at 5am!).

• Paid Members

They went forward but yeah, this. There's always a couple weeks inbetween when we get WWE and UFC shows an hour earlier than normal (be nice to hit the sack an hour early at 5am!).

Bizarrely I can never work out the backwards/forwards thing, regardless of how simple it is!

• Paid Members
This should be a great event, but I can't help thinking that losing Akiyama is a huge blow, makes it looked way less stacked on paper. Nate vs Miller looks like a Fight Night fight. Wineland and Shamulos (sp?) aren't proven in the UFC either. And I'm bummed that we lost Vemola. Definitely lost the supercard appeal it had, hope it still delivers though.

I see what you mean, but it's only one fighter missing...and if im honest i think Miller gives Marquadt a better fight that Akiyama. I had Marquadt blowing through Sexyama...although that would have made me sad.

as for Wineland, he's fodder for Faber, make no mistake about it. But he's a former champ and the promotion behind him has been pretty good. I don't think anyone thinks that this is anything other than a vehicle to get the Faber/Cruz thing rolling. Wineland is coming off 2 KO of the Night performances though, so he is f'n dangerous.

If you haven't seen Shalorous. He's basically a very high level wrestler who decides to not wrestle and just swing for the fences most of the time. Very wild, and he's fun to watch. I'll always tune in for a Shalorous fight.

Yeah Dana confirmed the start time change will be effective from UFC 129: GSP vs Shields onwards.

This show is technically the same time as usual (in America atleast), but its an hour earlier for us because the clocks have changed in the US already and it doesn't here until the 27th.

So really for us in the UK, its just as though the UFC time change is already in effect.

The Fight Night 24 show next week (26th) will start at 1am instead of 2am.

• Paid Members

Yeah Dana confirmed the start time change will be effective from UFC 129: GSP vs Shields onwards.

This show is technically the same time as usual (in America atleast), but its an hour earlier for us because the clocks have changed in the US already and it doesn't here until the 27th.

So really for us in the UK, its just as though the UFC time change is already in effect.

The Fight Night 24 show next week (26th) will start at 1am instead of 2am.

OK cheers for that, thought they might have made a cock up. It'll be nice to hit the sack an hour earlier :sleeping:

• Paid Members

From the press conference

8yi2xy_medium_medium.jpg

Press conference video

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/16/2053866/...arch-16-live-on

And check this, apparently Jones is already referring to himself as the UFC light heavyweight champion

"It's funny, I've been doing some autograph signings and I've been signing lately 'Jon Jones Champion 2011,' almost as if I've spoken it into existence. I just think it's crazy."

Archived