UFC 128: Jones vs Shogun Discussion Thread

David

As Joe Rogan said Cro-Cop could really do with dropping down to 205 ok theres Jon Jones in there but at least its a fresh start and he'll be a big 205lb.

As for Rampages wrestling defence, he got owned by Rashard Evans in there bout due to Rashards wrestling and TBH I think Jon Jones wrestling is better.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance of him dropping weight this far on, it might be cliche but I don't think his heart is in it anymore. Plus Dana has confirmed Cro Cop has been cut & won't fight in the UFC again.

I can see him headlining a Bamma show in the future tbh, against someone like McSweeney.

• Moderators

I agree, but as long as he wants to keep fighting that fight was good for the UFC: It was a good fight, and he didn't get totally dominated, so he can still fight at least once more and his name value will help to get over whichever youngster it is that beats him next.

Edit..... or maybe not!

• Paid Members

there's still fights out there for Crocop if he wants them no doubt, but like i said he's stated that he doesn't fight for money so i don't see him going down the regional circuit.

If he was dead set on continuing fighting, I think a good idea would be to have him as a back-up incase Barnett pulls out/not given license at last minute for the Rogers fight in the SF GP. It'd be unfair for the alternates sure, but it still beats watching Griggs or Valentijn imo. Just a thought.

been a few comments on here about Jon Jones looking tired in the fight? am i only the one here who 100% disagree's with that? Jones for me just looked totally relaxed, he made everything look so effortless.

Gotta disagree with you there Ebb, he was breathing very heavy when on top of Shogun in the 2nd round - breathing from his mouth aswell not his nose.

Everyone I watched it with noticed that aswell.

Greg Jackson confirmed in his post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani that Jones was "real tired" going into the 2nd round.

Awe over Jon Jones' UFC light-heavyweight championship win continues to dominate the post-UFC 128 headlines.

Fresh off his third-round TKO over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Jones already knows who he's fighting next: former teammate Rashad Evans.

According to oddsmakers and fans, Evans -- a former champion himself -- is an underdog. A very big underdog.

Shortly after Jones and Evans verbally agreed to fight each other, Jones was installed as a 4-to-1 favorite in the bout. Since then, the betting public has only increased that gap, making Jones more than a 5-to-1 favorite.

Evans and Jones initially resisted overtures of a title fight between them, citing their status as teammates in the Greg Jackson camp, but as the Jones-Rua fight neared and Jones was consistently asked about it, his answers seemed to thaw on the possibility, and Evans soon followed.

Immediately following Jones' win, Evans told MMA Fighting in an exclusive, cageside interview that he was "done with Jackson's."

Evans is exploring several options for a training camp in the wake of his departure, including starting his own camp. There is no timetable for the fight, as Jones requested some time off following back-to-back fights over a six-week span, and Evans just resumed training after recovering from the knee injury that knocked him out of the Rua fight and opened the door for Jones' golden opportunity.

Source: MMA Fighting

Jones is already a 4-1 favourite in his fight against Rashad Evans. If those odds remain like that for a while I think I'll have to throw some cash down on it.

If anyone knows Jones weaknesses (if he has any), Rashad is the guy.

Archived