What's the most cringe-worthy thing you've done...

tiger_rick

Too many things I'm afraid :(

Getting attacked at a PWG show, acting like a marky twat at the NOAH M&G and attempting to ask Yoshino to pose with the Dream Gate Title rate pretty high right now.

Why did you get attacked

Furthermore, what were Yoshino and the Dream Gate belt doing at a Noah show?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The sheer amount of Peoples elbows make me feel better.

For some reason it was considered the ultimate put down in my group of pals. So when one passed out drunk or was asleep everyone would attempt to do it, IIRC only once was done with the whole pretending bounce from the ropes.

I think we where around 20.

O yes io just remembered this one.

Phoning the 192 back in the day from a phone box and asking for the "smackdown hotel" when the person couldnt find my mate explained where it was in full rock persona hang that left the whole speech, ending with if you smell what the rock is cooking. I dont know what made me laugh more him, or that the chap on the other end of the line didnt hang up until we did.

Again we where drunk and about 20.

around 1996 me and my best mate where in the last year of primary school and a talent show came up. at the time i had just ordered the wwf album on cassete (sp?) (the one with undertaker,bret hart,sid,shawn michaels,smokeing gunns,goldust,hakushi themes on) so we deicided to do a wrestling match :laugh:

fucking hell it was shit. we still laugh about it today.

-it started out with just four of us and we where planning to do a fatal four way.

-but then we had no one to do the music for us. so we brought someone else into it.

-then one of the guys in the match didn't want to do it. so it went down to a 3-way

-everyone wanted to be in it once we told people what we where doing. so we ended up with a ref and two commantors (sp?)

-so it comes to the day of the match. the ring is just 4 mats on the floor with these 2 stands (they where from the gym cupboard) in 2 corners. no ropes!

-we found a ramp which during the practise i slip down and twisted my ankle a bit

-it ended up being sid (my best mate) vs Goldust (my other mate) vs Billy Gunn (me). sid was the champion with a cardboard belt. 1st problem was the guy who was doing the music fucked it up. he should have played goldusts music then fast forward 2 mins to billy gunn then onto sids but he just left the play button down so we had all three guys come down to goldust.

-none of us had costumes. sid and goldust just wore tracksuit bottoms and t-shirts. i wore jeans and threw my t-shirt into the crowd at the start :laugh:

we practise the enterances but never the match so we had no idea what was happening. at one point i m stood on the stand (which is one of the two turnbuckles :laugh: ) for at least a min waiting for one of the other two to come over.

-i can't remember how we finished it but i know Sid won to retain the title.

-it most of looked so shit.

-we never won because whilst the girl with one eye was being all 5 spice girls we where in the gym cupboard listening to the undertakers theme pretty loud. which we got told off for and got kicked out the show.

the next couple of weeks at school we would play wrestling every breaktime until it got band. used to stand their laughing my head off most of the times as my mate was 100% sure it was jack the snake not jake. seeing him act was so funny i wish we had filmed it

Too many things I'm afraid :(

Getting attacked at a PWG show, acting like a marky twat at the NOAH M&G and attempting to ask Yoshino to pose with the Dream Gate Title rate pretty high right now.

Why did you get attacked

Furthermore, what were Yoshino and the Dream Gate belt doing at a Noah show?

I antagonized Super Dragon.

And NOAH and the Yoshino thing were two seperate events. Yoshino had the belt with him at DG USA's 1st Anny and was walking around with the belt, of course when my fiancee was in the ladies. So by the time I got round to him, he was sat down with the belt on the table.

My ridiculous attempts to mime him picking the belt up to pose with in my photo only ended with me "Yes, me champion" so to my credit I fairly quickly gave up and just got the photo and moved on.

I know, I wish I was that infamous.....

Okay, it's cringe worthy enough that I got attacked.

It's cringe worthy because I was with my girlfriend, now fiancee, and we'd been together a long time long distance, but this was the first real time we'd spent with each other. So on our third day together, I'm getting attacked at a wrestling show.

It's cringe worthy because while I started the comment at Super Dragon, I shut up shop when he came over and got in my face. The person NEXT to me continued with the comments that drew his ire.

It's cringe worthy because when I saw Super Dragon coming at me, did I make a run for it like a normal, sane human being would?

NOOOOOOOOO-OOOO!

In a move befitting a true cringe worthy moment, I start my escape ATTACHED to my seat. I don't get up and run off. I shuffle backwards on my seat as Super Dragon pursues me.

And then, shuffling backwards across the length of the first row, Super Dragon still coming towards me..... I say fuck it and stop trying to escape, what's the worst that can happen?

Yep......

I do a lot of cringe worthy stuff in my day to day life. This incident is still #1.

• Paid Members

At one of the RoH Supercard of Honor shows at WrestleMania weekend in 2008 I went up to get some autographs from the DragonGate guys. I'd bought a white DragonGate gym towel which I thought would look pretty sweet covered in signatures. So I went up to Shingo, got his autograph, then worked my way around the rest of the tables getting my merch signed, before ending up back at the first table, where I proceeded to politely request that the guy stood behind it to sign my towel.

It was only when I looked at the resulting signature that I realised it was identical to another one on the towel and that I'd actually asked Shingo twice within the space of about two minutes. I think his distinctive mullet was tied back so I didn't actually recognise him. The bit I actually cringe about is that in my head I was thinking 'they all look the same to me'. I know that's totally un-PC, but it was just true in this case. I also quickly realised that Shingo must have thought that I was thick as fuck. The guy was so polite that he signed the thing with a smile both times without saying a word though. Top bloke.

Fuck knows where that towel actually is now.

• Paid Members
For the record, to those disbelieving my expereinces, i am ashamed to say that YES they are true. As i put i was an idiot until i got to 29-30 and did many, many stupid things.

I love how you feel the need to keep justifying yourself to a wrestling fan forum.

It's in the past, mate. Laugh at it, learn from it, and move on.

This thread has some of the greatest stories I've ever heard... A book could be published with these things, they're brilliant!

In 2003 (year 8) I was in a design & technology class and we had to make a pillow with a design of our choice. Most kids were having the Liverpool and Manchester United badges stitched on, and I did a Yin Yang with 'R.V.D' underneath it, and this girl asked what it was and I explained, and then she said "Why can't you just grow up and stop liking wrestling?" So I threw a relatively large and heavy box of cotton balls at her and shouted (with the taunt) "Because I'm Rob, Van, Dam." Need less to say, she started crying and I was sent to the headmaster's office and issued two days of detention. I was told off because of it, and my response was "She's lucky I didn't throw a chair at her and van-daminator the bitch."

Archived