What's the most cringe-worthy thing you've done...

tiger_rick

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At a WWA show Grandmaster Sexay asked who wanted to come into the ring and dance, I stuck my hand up thinking "no way" and of course he picked me. So I did the Too Cool dance with him, Konnan and the ring announce plus another fan. The ring announcer whispered there would be a run in so we had to bail out of the ring then Jeff Jarrett ran down swinging his guitar with Bret Hart making the save. Afterwards I was asked a few times if I was actually a plant. Actually not that cringeworthy but pretty good fun!

Like Chest says, that's actually pretty cool as far as wrestling goes. How did you bail? Did you drop to the ring and roll under the rope, or climb through the ropes? I hope you stood around on the outside gesticulating and looking angry. I don't think there's a wrestling fan alive that wouldn't automatically play along with whatever angle was going on.

When i was around 9 or 10 we had to do a project at school that involved us writing one of those Pick A Number, fantasy books ( they are probably not around now, but at the end of each chapter you chose to go through "door number 1, 2, or 3" and that lead to different chapters in the book ).

You had to write it so that you were the main character and you got to choose three friends to go along with you. Most kids picked their brothers, father, mother, mates etc...

My three partners on this adventure were Hulk Hogan, Superman and Chuck Norris.

Even now, I think I'd still pick the same three. Who's ever gonna give you any trouble with those three bad-asses watching your back?

I distinctly still remember my teacher laughing her arse off at Chuck Norris being in there. I still have the book somewhere, complete with really bad drawings for each chapter.

• Paid Members
When i was around 9 or 10 we had to do a project at school that involved us writing one of those Pick A Number, fantasy books ( they are probably not around now, but at the end of each chapter you chose to go through "door number 1, 2, or 3" and that lead to different chapters in the book ).

We were having a chat about them in the office the other day. I used to have some of the football manager ones complete with dice. Can you imagine kids being arsed with that these days?

I used to like some adventure ones when I was a kid. there was a series of them. I can't remember anything other that one of the characters was called Beans and that they used to be near the end of the alphabet in the library so the authors name might have started with W.

Edit: It was Martin Waddell. He wrote the awesome football books about "Napper" that I loved too.

# The Mystery Squad and Mr Midnight (Solve It Yourself) (1984)

# The Mystery Squad and the Artful Dodger (Solve It Yourself) (1984)

# The Mystery Squad and the Candid Camera (Solve It Yourself) (1985)

# The Mystery Squad and the Dead Man’s Message (Solve It Yourself)(1984)

# The Mystery Squad and the Whistling Teeth (Solve It Yourself) (1984)

I'd imagine the choose your adventure books that were popular with members on here would be the Fighting Fantasy series by Jackson and Livingstone. Talisman of Death was my particular favourite.

On topic, my darts nickname was, and still is, The DartBreak Kid. I was Coventry's first darts heel.

• Paid Members
Plenty of stuff as a teen that makes me laugh.

Many photos of me crotch chopping, with bleached blonde curtains and bright orange Addidas jacket back in 98

Scrawling the DX logo over exam desks in school.

Heckling the head boy (Also a wrestling fan) during a speech to the 6th form with many "What?!" statements thrown in.

Trying to chokeslam the above mate outside physics through a crudely made 'table' to impress the girls :/

Taking a sign to Promote our backyard fed to a local wrestling show. EPW~

Probably a hundred more.

I was back at my old school to do a disco a few years ago, they gave me a desk to put my CD's on and I was suprised to discover it had Hulk Hogan's autograph on it. I was even more suprsied to remember that I sat doing Hulk Hogan's autograph on ever desk I sat at in my exams :(

At a WWA show Grandmaster Sexay asked who wanted to come into the ring and dance, I stuck my hand up thinking "no way" and of course he picked me. So I did the Too Cool dance with him, Konnan and the ring announce plus another fan. The ring announcer whispered there would be a run in so we had to bail out of the ring then Jeff Jarrett ran down swinging his guitar with Bret Hart making the save. Afterwards I was asked a few times if I was actually a plant. Actually not that cringeworthy but pretty good fun!

Like Chest says, that's actually pretty cool as far as wrestling goes. How did you bail? Did you drop to the ring and roll under the rope, or climb through the ropes? I hope you stood around on the outside gesticulating and looking angry. I don't think there's a wrestling fan alive that wouldn't automatically play along with whatever angle was going on.

Of course! I stood outside "looking confused" then myself and the fellow fan were helped back to our seats by security. I suppose to some it would be cringeworthy doing the Too Cool dance but hey the more I think of it I'm glad I did it! I bailed by running and jumping down through the bottom rope.

Think it was in 2001 or 03, whenever WWA first toured the UK.

Nice one, Rick. I'd never have tracked any of them down. I'm pretty sure i read a couple of those at least.

Being a kid in the late 80s was pretty cool thinking about it. Before the PC brigade took over and guns were pretty much the best toy you could get. My toy gun collection was awesome, everything from old Western Cowboy pistols up to Uzi's and a massive machinegun. I didn't ever end up going on a killing spree at my school, so i don't think there was actually any harm! BMX Drive-By water-pistol shootings were some of my fondest memories of being a kid.

Anyway, back on topic....

I did a school fun-run (Comic Relief, i think) dressed as Brutus The Barber Beefcake. Probably when I was about 9 or 10 again. Pink, torn-up tassled top, pink fingerless gloves and a pair of cardboard garden sheers. There are pictures labeled 'Blackmail' floating around somewhere. Still, I did better than my mate who went as Hogan. I got to just wear a pair of black jogging bottoms, he was jogging around the school field in a pair of dyed-yellow underpants, waving a shit American flag with a drawn on 'tash!!

• Paid Members
I'd imagine the choose your adventure books that were popular with members on here would be the Fighting Fantasy series by Jackson and Livingstone. Talisman of Death was my particular favourite.

I liked House Of Hell, although I'm sure it was impossible to finish the bloody thing.

You had to write it so that you were the main character and you got to choose three friends to go along with you. Most kids picked their brothers, father, mother, mates etc...

Even now, I think I'd still pick the same three. Who's ever gonna give you any trouble with those three bad-asses watching your back?

I distinctly still remember my teacher laughing her arse off at Chuck Norris being in there. I still have the book somewhere, complete with really bad drawings for each chapter.

Sounds fucking awesome. Scan it in and post it, I'd actually pay to see it.

• Paid Members
Nice one, Rick. I'd never have tracked any of them down. I'm pretty sure i read a couple of those at least.

Being a kid in the late 80s was pretty cool thinking about it. Before the PC brigade took over and guns were pretty much the best toy you could get. My toy gun collection was awesome, everything from old Western Cowboy pistols up to Uzi's and a massive machinegun. I didn't ever end up going on a killing spree at my school, so i don't think there was actually any harm! BMX Drive-By water-pistol shootings were some of my fondest memories of being a kid.

Was talking to my missus about a toy I got for Xmas when I was about 7. It was a tool box. A proper toolbox, just all in child sizes. it all worked. I used the saw to cut our bannister rail in half. My Mum couldn't even scream at me, she bought me it.

I liked House Of Hell, although I'm sure it was impossible to finish the bloody thing.

You had to go for the Butler first, if memory serves!

Was talking to my missus about a toy I got for Xmas when I was about 7. It was a tool box. A proper toolbox, just all in child sizes. it all worked. I used the saw to cut our bannister rail in half. My Mum couldn't even scream at me, she bought me it.

How the fuck did that one get past health and safety??!!

Sounds fucking awesome. Scan it in and post it, I'd actually pay to see it.

It's boxed up and stashed away at my Mum's house, I am afraid. Along with all my old school books, drawings etc...

One day!

Archived