What's the most cringe-worthy thing you've done...

tiger_rick

Back in 2000 wrestling was big business in the ten year olds playground. For a bunch of kids we had a scary attention to detail during break hours where we would put on our own bizarre crossover shows on the grass, dividing the class into factions. I was DX 2000 myself. Wrote it on my knuckles with a black sharpie. Every day. For a year.

We used to even do the whole jumpers for goalposts thing but to mark the 'titantron' - usually complete with a lad audibly humming and hawing out our theme tunes.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate Paddy loved Steve Austin so every now and then we'd get into an arguement and he'd flip me off and stunner me. and I sold it, laying on the field not talking and pretending I was unconcious. It was fantastic, except when he did it too high up and nearly broke my nose.

Doing a Ric Flair promo in the shower. In my flat, with wafer thin walls. Two flatmates had sex in the shower, one made no sound and all anyone heard of me was 'Wooo, listen to me, wooo.' They let me know it too.

• Paid Members
2. School project in year 7 about sport. Seeing as I had bugger all interest in sport, I did wrestling. 240 pages of it, single-spaced, bios of all the wrestlers, championship histories and pay per view rundowns. All done in Welsh. I got an A+ for effort, but a D overall. The teacher then made me stay behind after the class once she'd marked it to give me a heartfelt talk about how wrestling wasn't a sport, and in fact wasn't even real. Santa-esque it was.

I would love to read that!

Me and my uncle also broke 3 seperate beds in the house doing gorilla press slams, i was the one selling. I often used to cut promos randomly at friends and family.

:confused:

• Paid Members

Back in the high school days a lad transferred to my school (Later would become 1 of my best friends but not at this point.)

He was dating a girl who I knew quite well and she must of told him I was alright and kind of funny. So 1 day he finally comes and starts talking.

So at this point I did the whole Ken Shamrock snapped gimmick on him (with added chest beating and even abit of spit coming out mouth.)

So I end up chasing him and I don

• Paid Members

Fell flat on my face trying to find my seat at a Smackdown taping in Orlando in 2004. It was dark as fuck, and as I was moving to the next row of seats I didn't notice the 2ft drop to get to them, leading to a beautiful Flair-esque flop, I no-sold it as best as I could and scurried away quickly, only to be chased by the guy I fell in front of who gave me back my wallet and phone that I'd dropped, prick.

• Paid Members

Year 4..

"Someone wants a fight.. are you going to fight him?"..

"of course i am".. having never been in a fight before.

So i Hulked up in front of everyone who was stood around.... they laughed and i got the shit kicked out of me.

its was brilliant

1.) When I was in my last year of school in 2000 everyone in our school had our own 24/7 hardcore title & I decided to pin someone in my class who was the champ in the middle of the lesson as our teacher was trieing to teach us something, I got kicked out of the class & started singing the match of the day tune as the teacher looked like Des Lynam

2.) Got suspended for trieing to 3-D this geek who was trieing to be funny at my expense, my mate was supposed to grab him but he didnt & the kid ended hitting his face on the table lol

3.) Going to a FWA show in 2004 & having CM Punk say I look cool when wearing red addidas tracksuit bottoms & the rocks just bring it tanktop, I also had a blonde highlighted hair with red viser hat I look the dog bollox lol

4.) Most recently Ive started wearing my Straight Edge Society t-shirt to a rock pub I go to & start preeching to people that Im Straight Edge so that makes me better then u

im straight edge and preach too. wow, sounds like me minus the fwa show and cm punk complimenting me lol

Sorry, but I don't understand this 'straight edge' thing that people seem to have going on. I respect that everybody has different views, and understand why people don't want to 'poison' their bodies with drugs or other substances, bit this 'preaching' bit has me lost.

There are plenty of people I know who don't smoke, drink or take drugs - Does that make them all 'straight edge'?

I especially don't get where certain people whom refrain from smoking or use other drugs get the right to criticize people who choose to go for a beer with their mates. It also majorly fucks me off when people believe that they are better than other people because they choose to live a 'straight edge' lifestyle.

It's fucking gay - my Gran doesn't smoke or drink and warns me about the dangers of drinking and, when I used to smoke, cigarettes. But that's different, she's not pretending to be a heel wrestler - she's genuinely concerned and is voicing her opinion.

Now if you can please clarify what you mean by the use of the term "preach" then I'd be very grateful.

Please understand that I'm not tarnishing all you SE lot with the same negative brush;I just don't understand the ones who use it as a "Better than you" status. In fact, I was talking to a lad who claimed to be straight edge back at Leeds Fest a few years ago whilst he was drinking a can of Carling, and just hours before he was sniffing poppers.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

• Paid Members

Plenty of stuff as a teen that makes me laugh.

Many photos of me crotch chopping, with bleached blonde curtains and bright orange Addidas jacket back in 98

Scrawling the DX logo over exam desks in school.

Heckling the head boy (Also a wrestling fan) during a speech to the 6th form with many "What?!" statements thrown in.

Trying to chokeslam the above mate outside physics through a crudely made 'table' to impress the girls :/

Taking a sign to Promote our backyard fed to a local wrestling show. EPW~

Probably a hundred more.

• Paid Members
Sorry, but I don't understand this 'straight edge' thing that people seem to have going on. I respect that everybody has different views, and understand why people don't want to 'poison' their bodies with drugs or other substances, bit this 'preaching' bit has me lost.

I totally understand. Nobody's perfect. There are some charitable folks out there who drink and have done drugs, but that doesn't make them awful people. As long as they aren't hurting anyone else I could give a shit. I bet there are Sexual deviants who dont drink, but that doesnt make them any less creepy fuckers. Just like there are plenty of dope smoking pissheads, who do people a good turn every now and again. Just because your clean, dont make you less of a bellend and vice versa.

I totally understand. Nobody's perfect. There are some charitable folks out there who drink and have done drugs, but that doesn't make them awful people. As long as they aren't hurting anyone else I could give a shit. I bet there are Sexual deviants who dont drink, but that doesnt make them any less creepy fuckers. Just like there are plenty of dope smoking pissheads, who do people a good turn every now and again. Just because your clean, dont make you less of a bellend and vice versa.

I don't know if I'v mis-read what you've written, pal? I'm not defending nor endorsing the SE crew for whether they choose to abstain from alcohol or nicotine or whatever else it may be - I'm saying that I don't understand what gives a certain number of them the right to have a "better than you" point of view.

I love this thread! And I've got a ton of them:

Christmas 1990 and I'm in year 7. The sixth formers decide to throw us a Christmas party, a fancy dress one at that. Me and my two mates decide we're going to go as THe Million Dollar Man and L.O.D. My Mum's a bit handy with a needle and thread and knocks me up a superb Million Dollar Man outfit, jacket with gold sequinned lapels with the dollar sign, trousers with the gold stripe down the side - looked awesome. We get to my friends house to get changed before the party and they start putting on jeans, T-Shirts etc. "I thought you were going as L.O.D" I said " Nah" they reply "Be a bit embarassing" So with nothing else other than my school uniform to change into I had to go as Dibiase - didn't win the fancy dress and spent the rest of the party explaining to people who the fuck I was!

Also in 1990 I was a scout (don't blame me my parents made me) and we were at a scout day activity thing and they had this thing called a wishing tree where you wrote a wish and stuck it on the branches. I wrote 'I wish Jake Roberts gets his sight back (this was after the Model blinded him) as otherwise Damian won't have anyone to look after him' The stupid scout leader (who's probably now on a register) said that it was a very moving wish and was Jake a relative and Damian his son!

Later on that year we had a CDT class (Craft, Design and Technology for you younger bods) and we had to make a hat with a theme - so I made a top hat based on Jake Roberts, painted it green and put pictures of Jake Roberts on it along with a massive snake I'd made - I looked a right cunt in it.

End of term - we were always allowed to watch a video in classes. Usually it was a dodgy copy that someone had got off their big brother of T2 or something but I bought in WWF World Tour 89/90 and made the teacher put it on - god most of the kids were bored shitless! Probably didn't help that I whittled on endlessly over the top of it with my own 'interesting' Wrestling facts!

• Paid Members
I don't know if I'v mis-read what you've written, pal? I'm not defending nor endorsing the SE crew for whether they choose to abstain from alcohol or nicotine or whatever else it may be - I'm saying that I don't understand what gives a certain number of them the right to have a "better than you" point of view.

No, I'm agreeing with you. I saying just because you dont drink and dont do drugs, it doesnt give anyone the right to judge anyone else. Your spot on.

• Paid Members

In Year 8 I started sneaking up on lads from behind that I was in a mood with/had pissed me off and putting them in the crossface chickenwing - which achieved the desired effect of hurting them, but made it look a smidge like I was bum raping them.

When I used go swimming, after training me and my mate used to do swantons and moonsaults into the pool. Eventually it graduated to the point where my mate used to like me to chokeslam or Jacknife him into the pool. Which looked gay.

I wrote a sign in pink marker saying "Bret = Hero" when I went to see WcW. I was 18.

Me and the two mates I used go to shows with had an embarrassing habit of chanting "the champ is here!" over and over when Alex Shane used to come out.

Me and my mate once did a Hogan posedown vs Flair strut confrontation in the middle of a mosh pit. Went over better than I expected, but still pretty lame.

Archived