What's the most cringe-worthy thing you've done...

tiger_rick

I suspect this isn't the most cringeworthy thing I've done, but I thought of it instantly. In school, when I was 14 or 15, two of my friends were having a genuine fight on the playground, punches, kicks, bloody noses, everything you could ask for in a fight. I was watching from 20 metres or so away, and during a break in the fight, I thought it'd be funny to run at one of them and give him a spear, which I did to the shock of all the other onlookers. I then ran off with my hands in the air, like Owen Hart did after he threw the towel in at Survivor Series 94. No one ever asked me why I did it.

Actually thought of another school one. Me and my friend Dave were very good friends, but I came up with a wrestling style storyline just to fool everyone for a laugh. We set it up so in English class that I disagreed with him about something and we argued a bit, then the next day we didn't talk at all at school, then started talking about each other behind each other's backs to people, then laughing about what people had said after school at his house. We did it for about 2 weeks, then he challenged me to a fight. About 50 people gathered to watch the fight, then just as we about to start I got a can of coke out my pocket, opened it, and walked off. Dave then turned to the 'crowd' and said "that was a good joke wasn't it"

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a heavy all day session once, a group of us ended up in a nightclub quite early. Anyways, me and a mate were having a little fake brawl and he ended up on the ground. As I was pissed I thought it'd be funny to do plant a People's Elbow on him. Did the whole amazing build up for it and at the very moment I was about to drop the elbow, a bouncer grabbed me, dragged me away and threw me out the club. Fun times.

I remember having a fight at school and mid-way through the scrap started doing Tank Abbott taunts/poses (what can I say, I loved WCW round that time).

I just want to say that Ive been pretty much straight edge all my life before CM Punk even went on about it in ROH, also when I preech its usually to my mates for comical effect to do their heads in lol, I dont care what other people do its just my choice.

• Paid Members
Maybe you two should hook up. You sound like a right laugh.

Stop it. If they wanted to hook up, there's dating sites they can go on for that sort of thing. The UKFF isn't about that.

Sorry. My mistake. Somebody should start a thread about that. I hear they ban your IP address over some trivial shit on those dating sites though.

i was straight edge on my won accord. i dont preach better than you.... well sometimes it comes off than that as i kind of big up my will power. however its my girlfriend usually on the receiving end and it is out of concern.I usually go.... the percentage of cheating and random fights in sober people aint like alcohol you know. and from there comes a massive story.

• Paid Members
I don't know if I'v mis-read what you've written, pal? I'm not defending nor endorsing the SE crew for whether they choose to abstain from alcohol or nicotine or whatever else it may be - I'm saying that I don't understand what gives a certain number of them the right to have a "better than you" point of view.

No, I'm agreeing with you. I saying just because you dont drink and dont do drugs, it doesnt give anyone the right to judge anyone else. Your spot on.

In fact, in some cases, it makes you more of a cunt ;)

Everyone knows you need alcohol to have a good time!

I'm still known in certain quarters as 'the lad who used to dance like Tatanka in primary school'. Honest. :(

There is only two (the second one was not really wrestling related) I can remember one was in Primary school during play time me and few other kids were messing around an someone threw me into a wall, it actually really hurt and I seem to remember grazing my head - I was laying on the floor trying not to cry and I thought it would be a good idea to jump up and 'Hulk Up', which included puffing out the cheeks the whole lot. I jumped up and began 'Hulking Up' much to the amusement of the kids who were older than me and proceeded to beat me up.

The second one I had my hair in Dreads, thinking I looked great when some little shits started calling me The Roadie, this last for months, I was not impressed.

I went to watch the WWE at the MEN Arena sometime at the start of the last decade. I think is was about 2002. After the show, as everyone was leaving the building, I said to one of the stewards/fake security guards "Excuse me, which way is the car park?". Three words in to his reply, I gave him the "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE CAR PARK IS" and just walked off. I looked a right twat, even if a few people did laugh. I was in my twenties :(

You sir are a Legend!

I MUST find a way of doing this at work or to some Jahovah's witnesses or a telemarketer or something.

bizarrely mine happened just last week (im 32) now in a state of drunkeness i find it funny to give and take chest chops, but i got them back handed, so the next day my hand is bruised to fuck! this has now moved on to showing people how wrestling doesnt hurt by putting them first in the figure 4, with lots of pressure on the knee, and then the sharpshooter. My 18 year old nephew wasnt amused by it, but i found it funny!! next day was very cringeworthy

one of my biggest sucesses in college was also a bit cringeworthy as, for a business project, i come up with a business plan to open a wrestling merchandise store based in liverpool city centre. had it all planned out about what items to sell, how many floors, staff, wages, name and logo. my tutor was impressed and gave me a distinction for it but the last couple of years ive thought about it and felt embarressed (and im only talking about 2008 here when i was 23, im 26 this year)

I sometimes walk round the super market tagging random cereal boxes/baked bean cans like a 1980's babyface for my own amusement. It's very sad. I've also done the Ultimate Warrior run to the ring a few times down the aisle.

The stupidest thing I did, and I don't mean stupid as in fuckin retarded like the paragraph above, I mean stupid! Was I tried to walk across a tennis net like I was the Undertaker doing old school. I slipped 2 steps in, landed flat on my face and knocked myself unconcious. Ahh, what it was like to be 13 or something.

I some times think that if CM Punk wasn't straight edge alot of wrestling fans wouldn't be either

I was actually straight edge at the point when all of my mates and me started going to the pub when we had become old enough to drink legally. I'd never started drinking at home and I didn't drink at all for almost a year after we started going to pubs and clubs so I was about 19 when I first started drinking. Around the time we started going to pubs drinking just didn't appeal to me and I considered myself straight edge and that was well before I found out about CM Punk. It was just that drinking wasn't something I bothered with, I never thought I was doing it because it was good for me and I never preached to people. Ironically it was a few months after I found out about Punk and became a big fan of his that I started drinking and now I love going out for a few beers.

As far as this thread goes I've loved it, some genuine laugh out louds from me.

I think the thing I remember best was when I first started watching during primary school around 1999. I had a best mate who got me into wrestling but he'd started hanging out with another guy and we became a group of mates but me and the new guy didn't get along that well. As well as these two guys I used to sometimes hang out with this group of three or four other guys and these guys just didn't get on with those guys at all and despite there being three or four of them they were quite weak. They even used to have fights sometimes and my best mate and his friend would batter them and I'd help my best friend and his mate but one day for some reason I thought I'd turn face and as they were beating them up I smacked my best mate's friend in the face and joined up with the other guys and we ended up having a big fight. Since that day I never really hung out with those two guys that much again and my new best mates were the other group of guys.

I think by that point I couldn't stand the new guy anymore and my best mate had started hanging out with him a lot more so it was only a matter of time until we all fell out really.

It's funny how in my head I just decided to hang out with a different group of guys and felt as though I was turning face by punching some guy I hung out with. It was a bit of a childish thought but really I guess I was a child.

Archived