What's the most cringe-worthy thing you've done...

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I think I took the wrong tact when I was in secondary school. I never felt the need to defend Wrestling as I liked to keep the fact that I watched it to myself!

There was a brilliant time when my mate was messing about doing 'sweet chin music' during a 'free lesson' (teacher didn't turn up) and completely chinned the class swot right in the face as she was unawares.

It was funny at the time anyway.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it probably didn't seem that bad at the time when I was 11 I wore either a Big Boss Man or Hulk Hogan T-Shirt for the entire summer holidays.

One of the funniest was the summer of 1995. My friend had just got a new camcorder and a stop motion remote for it so you could do animation. What we decided to do was create our very own fantasy Wrestling main event using wrestling action figures. As we live on the coast we decided to call it 'Coastal Clash'. The only bits I can remember from the card were the main event of Sting vs Ultimate Warrior, Bam Bam Bigelow vs The Warlord, Texas Tornado vs Andre The Giant (I presume we use this because in real life they were both dead!) and using a rip-off of Rick Rude - The Phantom (who was going to come down to the ring to The Specials 'Ghost Town') we built an arena in his spare bedroom using cardboard, bamboo canes etc and this thing was about 7 foot long and over 4 foot high. It even had a backstage area. We then set about filming live segments to go between the matches. I was filmed outside the local sports centre (which was the arena) asking a fan (my mates brother)how excited he was about the event. There was another bit where we filmed me knocking on The Warlords dressing room door only for it to be slammed in my face! We then did quite a bit in our 'commentary box' discussing matches we'd just seen, were coming up etc. we filmed the inside of our 'arena' and looped the footage on a large tv behind us. It was a major frigging project only when it came to actually animating the matches it was so tedious and difficult we gave up!! I think the funniest thing was we were also seeling VHS tapes of wrestling at the time and we put the event in our list. Rob Butcher so intrigued by the idea actually gave us a

Oh my god bear in mind i am 21 and ought to know better.

I do the hulk hogan strut into every night club i go into (i go clubbing 3+ time a week)

I do scott hall trademark poses and i know i look a dick when doing it, especially the hair flick as i have short hair lol but the best thing is alot of ppl copy them now and have no idea behind it.

I do the old nwo arm wave and point as freinds approach.

A lot of people on the gay scene know me as freakzilla and i also try when chatting people up to use as many scott stiener esque rhymes and quotes as possible ad they work all the time!

I do a lot of ric flair woos and once i thumped someone off a podium in the club and wood and my freinds all wood back.

In more or less every fight i have ever had i have used some kind of wrestler manerism or move.

My last name is wood and i ask people if they can smell what the wood is cooking. but then again a lot of people do call me the wood.

I awnser the phone by saying hey and then hey yo after there reply.

I once put a pub window through with a beer keg and immediatly broke out into the austin theme as the police arrived and acted completly like austin even attempting to stun a copper, i got as far as kicking him and got battered.

I do wrestler poses in the mirror,

ive sat on the toilet and spoke as if cutting a promo to myself.

God loads of stuff thats worse then this haha

• Paid Members
I once put a pub window through with a beer keg and immediatly broke out into the austin theme as the police arrived and acted completly like austin even attempting to stun a copper, i got as far as kicking him and got battered.

Did they not charge you for criminal damage and assaulting a Police officer? If so, you can put "not knowing that attacking a police officer in real life isn't the same as in wrestling" to the list of cringe worthy things you've done.

• Moderators
A lot of people on the gay scene know me as freakzilla and i also try when chatting people up to use as many scott stiener esque rhymes and quotes as possible ad they work all the time!

once i thumped someone off a podium in the club and wood and my freinds all wood back.

In more or less every fight i have ever had i have used some kind of wrestler manerism or move.

This thread has some of the greatest stories I've ever heard... A book could be published with these things, they're brilliant!

In 2003 (year 8) I was in a design & technology class and we had to make a pillow with a design of our choice. Most kids were having the Liverpool and Manchester United badges stitched on, and I did a Yin Yang with 'R.V.D' underneath it, and this girl asked what it was and I explained, and then she said "Why can't you just grow up and stop liking wrestling?" So I threw a relatively large and heavy box of cotton balls at her and shouted (with the taunt) "Because I'm Rob, Van, Dam." Need less to say, she started crying and I was sent to the headmaster's office and issued two days of detention. I was told off because of it, and my response was "She's lucky I didn't throw a chair at her and van-daminator the bitch."

You sir have become a hero in my Eyes & this is the first post in here to actually make me have a legitimate LOL moment.

Cheers.

:thumbsup:

Archived