People pretending to be "Insiders"

Vito

If you have friends or colleagues who are interested in wrestling but aren't quite as 'smart' as you are then you're probably familiar with that one guy who trawls the Internet looking for the latest gossip and believes that everything he reads is true. This week I heard the following stories which are, like, clearly totally legit, but on the offchance of them being true I'd like to jump in ready to take credit for them.

"Brock Lesnar has signed a one match deal with TNA."

Apparently TNA were so impressed with Brock's recent appearance at CZW (lol) that TNA have signed him, but only for one match and they're keeping it a secret. When I commented on the preposterous of Lesnar appearing in CZW I was told that it was "a dark match" before the show started and that "it was a really good match", even if nobody saw it.

"Mirko Cro-Cop is going to be a contestant on Tough Enough."

Apparently the WWE aren't convinced in the drawing power of Stone Cold Steve Austin so they've recruited the services of one Mirko Cro-Cop to put bums on seats. Allegedly it's already been decided that Cro-Cop is going to win and take on Austin at Wrestlemania. And speaking of Wrestlemania...

"Mick Foley Vs. Necro Butcher. Wrestlemania. No rope barbed wire match."

Mick Foley is heading back to the 'E, not to shill another crappy book but to issue an open challenge at Wrestlemania to anyone who believes that they're more hardcore that he is. His opponent will be Necro Butcher, who allegedly impressed Vince McMahon is his appearance in the movie The Wrestler. Why has it taken the mighty Vince McMahon so long to obtain the services of such a valuable commodity as Necro Butcher? "Vince has tried to get Necro in the past but ROH kept making him better offers to stay".

If you've heard a story that can top "Lesnar in a CZW dark match" I'd like to hear it. Don't post ridiculous made-up stories from shitty newz sites, I want to hear ridiculous made-up stories that somebody actually believed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious. I keep thinking we should start a proper good rumour on here, add '- Wrestling Observer' to the end of it and just spread it about everywhere to see just how easy it is to fool the wrestling 'media'. I have a friend who managed to convince three websites that Randy Savage was at SummerSlam with just a photoshopped picture.

A friend once claimed Mankind did Mr. Socko to Kane and the sock legit got stuck down his throat and it had to be removed in hospital 'for real' haha.

Also Kane reminds me of when another mate used to work in Games Exchange with this dipshit, and my mate said that when a load of wwe dvds come in he'd put them back and sort me them all for a tenner. But when some did his idiot colleague sold them all to some other guy who believed he'd met 6 out of the 7 people to have played Kane and thus was the bigger wrestling fan, and deserved the dvd's more than me!!!

Best one I ever heard was to do with the Benoit murders and a mate genuinely believed that Benoit killed Nancy and his son with the crossface before Jerry Lawler rushed in and killed him with his piledriver.

Best one I ever heard was to do with the Benoit murders and a mate genuinely believed that Benoit killed Nancy and his son with the crossface before Jerry Lawler rushed in and killed him with his piledriver.

This is the best thing ive ever heard EVER.

• Paid Members

Couldnt we just rename this thread the "THE WWF SKY TEXT PAGES circa 1999"? Remember there were plenty on there. Such as: the main event of WrestleMania 2000 will be The Rock and Goldberg vs Mankind and the Big Show, Mike Tyson is the higher power, Gillberg will be in an assassination angle where someone shoots him from the Titan Tron, DX will reform with Buff Bagwell as there new leader etc.

• Paid Members

This is the best thing ive ever heard EVER.

I remember being at school, just after WCW Mayhem came out on PlayStation, and my friend was adamant Sting and "Wolfpac Sting" were brothers, Goldberg killed Wolfpac Sting with a spear, and his locker room was full of scorpions.

Even at 10, I thought that sounded like a crock of shit.

Another similar story, another friend thought the WWF's William Regal was the brother of WCW's Steven Regal.

• Paid Members

I had a mate when I was younger who would tell me ridiculous shite like Kerry Von Erich had a prostethic foot and he shot himself while in prison on drug charges. He also claimed that the commentator Vince McMahon OWNED the WWF.

I never believed a word.

Archived