People pretending to be "Insiders"

Vito

Also a wrestling rumour I heard once was that Chris Jericho was hanging outside Mosh in Leicester a few years ago. I'm sure Fozzy were doing a gig around that time, but would Jericho being hanging around in the streets of a grotty nightclub at god-knows-what-time in morning? I'm sure that's usually reserved for petrol stations.

It's not too far fetched really, apparently Jericho used to go to Jilly's Rockworld in Manchester before it shut down, during the Fozzy tour in November he went to Rock Kitchen and met a friend of mine. She sent me a picture message of her and him and I was like :( .. as i'd drove past Rock Kitchen in a taxi about 20 minutes earlier.

She knew him out of Fozzy as i'd been banging on about the gig non-stop for weeks but only a few weeks after that did she go 'He looks like that wrestler you like, you know, the one who uses ridiculous vocabulary'.

>_<

Anyway when I was playing Smackdown 3 Just Bring It when I was about 12 I guess, my sister who is 10 years older than me saw The Undertaker on the game and kept telling me how it was a different bloke than when she watched. 'The one I watched put people in bodybags'.

I tried explaining that it was the same guy and he'd just changed his look but she was having none of it.

There was also a guy who went into my sister's restaurant claiming to be Stone Cold's cousin or something, he does have family over here so it's a small possibility, lol. I just remember debating with him why Austin had joined McMahon.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway when I was playing Smackdown 3 Just Bring It when I was about 12 I guess, my sister who is 10 years older than me saw The Undertaker on the game and kept telling me how it was a different bloke than when she watched. 'The one I watched put people in bodybags'.

I tried explaining that it was the same guy and he'd just changed his look but she was having none of it.

I still have people tell me that and scoff in a "how does he still fall for that wrestling shit?" way whenever I tell them it is still the same guy. It's been like that for probably over 15 years, since they did actually have 2 Undertaker's for that short spell.

Somehow, many of these people think that me not accepting that the current Undertaker isn't the same Undertaker from 1991 ties-in with me also not realising that it's fake.

It's the "All wrestling fans must believe it's real or they wouldn't watch" myth that still bugs the fuck out of me.

But that's for another topic.

• Paid Members

Something along the same lines as doppers one, I constantly have mates and family who think that because wrestling is fake, that absolutely everything connected to it is fake. Such as Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart wanted to retire, so the WWE faked their deaths for ratings. Then everytime a big return is being hyped - ala the latest return on Raw - my uncle insisted everytime that its Eddie. The "Aint no grave going to hold me down" line is a dead giveaway apparently.

Something along the same lines as doppers one, I constantly have mates and family who think that because wrestling is fake, that absolutely everything connected to it is fake. Such as Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart wanted to retire, so the WWE faked their deaths for ratings. Then everytime a big return is being hyped - ala the latest return on Raw - my uncle insisted everytime that its Eddie. The "Aint no grave going to hold me down" line is a dead giveaway apparently.

I had the Eddie Guerrero one of my sister, who knows fine well that I don

• Paid Members

For some reason, also, these same people, who say they can't see how something fake can be enjoyable to people who know it is, don't seem to be able to accept the same logic for themselves in their watching of pretty much any TV drama or film, particularly martial arts movies.

One friend of mine who's a particular fan of kung fu films responded to me once that martial arts movies in general are more realistic than wrestling. This may be true, but they can't possibly be that much more realistic - I don't think I've ever seen any fights which are rhythmic and "clean" the way they are in the movies. Most real-life fights are messy as hell - you've only got to watch cage-fighting or stand outside a shit club to realise that.

• Moderators
I had a message on Sky Text saying the next Wrestlemania would be at Newcastle City Hall, clearly taking the piss as it only holds about 1000 people.

662! Superb page, from which I believed every single word published.

• Paid Members
I had a message on Sky Text saying the next Wrestlemania would be at Newcastle City Hall, clearly taking the piss as it only holds about 1000 people.

662! Superb page, from which I believed every single word published.

Was it you who used to have the quiz host of "Bamboozle" on Teletext as your avatar, or was that the other Frank Sidebottom?

Archived