People pretending to be "Insiders"

Vito

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One friend of mine who's a particular fan of kung fu films responded to me once that martial arts movies in general are more realistic than wrestling. This may be true, but they can't possibly be that much more realistic - I don't think I've ever seen any fights which are rhythmic and "clean" the way they are in the movies. Most real-life fights are messy as hell - you've only got to watch cage-fighting or stand outside a shit club to realise that.

I

• Paid Members

Scrolling through the questions thread, I've remembered another one. The fanpage on Sky Text told me that when Jericho debuted in the WWF, they were changing his name to Chris Gericho and revealing it was he who was responsible for GTV.

I just heard another one courtesy of Facebook:

Steve Corino has been signed by the WWE and is going to be the one to finally defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Where on Earth do people get this shit from?

• Paid Members

The first ones that come to mind is when someone told me around 2000 that Yokuzuna and Rikishi were the same person and when I was a kid, back in the World of Sport era, someone had had a chair put right through them during a match.

Actually, one that may or not be true, from the same era, during a Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks match, the ring collapsed.

• Paid Members
Actually, one that may or not be true, from the same era, during a Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks match, the ring collapsed.

That one might be true as aparently back in the day, UK wrestling was well known (by the uk workers anyway) for the rings falling down.

Back in the late 90's i went to an Allstar show in Hanely, only to see the ring collapse during the final match, (The guys were of average size, not super-heavyweights, and it was from one of them coming out of a hiptoss. He landed on his back and the ring just fell over).

What made it ok was they put on a hardcore match to send people home happy.

• Moderators
When I figured out how to cheat at Bamboozle, my childhood was over and my innocence gone.

What was your cheating method? I used to find that if you pressed the incorrect colour then a lot of the times it would take a few seconds for the "WRONG" page to load, whereas the correct answer would load immediately. Therefore you had just enough time to press other colours to get the right answer.

Sad and pathetic really.

• Paid Members
When I figured out how to cheat at Bamboozle, my childhood was over and my innocence gone.

What was your cheating method? I used to find that if you pressed the incorrect colour then a lot of the times it would take a few seconds for the "WRONG" page to load, whereas the correct answer would load immediately. Therefore you had just enough time to press other colours to get the right answer.

Sad and pathetic really.

Variation of that

The wrong page and the right page were on different pages, 3 of them would lead to the same page, one, a different one. The one that led to the different page was the right answer. You just needed to look the page number in the top left hand corner.

On some TV's, if you wanted more time, they had a stop button, which stopped the next page from loading whilst keeping the page number up there.

Sad and pathetic really.

Variation of that

The wrong page and the right page were on different pages, 3 of them would lead to the same page, one, a different one. The one that led to the different page was the right answer. You just needed to look the page number in the top left hand corner.

On some TV's, if you wanted more time, they had a stop button, which stopped the next page from loading whilst keeping the page number up there.

Yep, this was my method too! Brings back memories that does. Was frustrating when you'd be on the third (wrong) colour and just before you hit the fourth it would bump you to the "wrong" page and you'd go back a few questions.

• Paid Members

I hate you Bamboozle "insiders," looking down on the rest of us. We still like to pretend it was real, genuine yes or no stuff. Don't want you exposing the ins and outs of the game.

Archived