People pretending to be "Insiders"

Vito

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really a rumour, but ages ago my cousin was adamant that Rock and Austin had fought in a Hell In A Cell Match and the Hell In A Cell had it's own theme music with lyrics.

Have you got the HIAC lyrics? I want to sing along.

"It's a Hell In A Cell, It's a Hell In A Cell, It's a Hell In A Cell, Its Hell In A...Cell!" Imagine that with an up-tempo jazz type theme.

Also a wrestling rumour I heard once was that Chris Jericho was hanging outside Mosh in Leicester a few years ago. I'm sure Fozzy were doing a gig around that time, but would Jericho being hanging around in the streets of a grotty nightclub at god-knows-what-time in morning? I'm sure that's usually reserved for petrol stations.

• Paid Members

Good shout on the Sky Text suggestion. I'm assuming people wrote in just to take the piss, the one that sticks out in my memory was the "WWE have signed a wrestler called Bungle, and he's gonna be huge!"

The "rumours" began to grow legs of their own and culminated in "Bungle is going to debut at the 2004 Royal Rumble, and he's scheduled to win the match and face Triple H for the title at Wrestlemania!"

I've no idea if this "Bungle" wrestler actually existed and was publicizing himself, or whether somebody ripped off the name of the bear in Rainbow and ran with it, but these stories ran on the pages for months.

Good shout on the Sky Text suggestion. I'm assuming people wrote in just to take the piss, the one that sticks out in my memory was the "WWE have signed a wrestler called Bungle, and he's gonna be huge!"

The "rumours" began to grow legs of their own and culminated in "Bungle is going to debut at the 2004 Royal Rumble, and he's scheduled to win the match and face Triple H for the title at Wrestlemania!"

I've no idea if this "Bungle" wrestler actually existed and was publicizing himself, or whether somebody ripped off the name of the bear in Rainbow and ran with it, but these stories ran on the pages for months.

I'm picturing that now, and it's great TV. :laugh:

Could the myth of Randy Savage sleeping with a teen Stephanie McMahon be classed as one of these.

• Paid Members

My favourite one as a kid was one I heard at Youth Club, whatever that was. Always came home with a sore arse and a pocket full of 10p pieces, that's all I remember. Anyhoo -

"Lex Luger came out of the sky in a helicoptor and powerslammed Yokozuna and pinned him and won the World title then got back in his helicoptor."

OK, so its perfectly acceptable to assume a small child thought a match had taken place when seeing the Intrepid footage for the first time. What WASNT acceptable was for myself to believe this Youth Club story at face value and upon getting home, whip out my 1993 WWF sticker album, turn to Luger's page, and where it said "Titles held : none." cross it out and write "WWF x 1" in blue felt tip.

My favourite one as a kid was one I heard at Youth Club, whatever that was. Always came home with a sore arse and a pocket full of 10p pieces, that's all I remember. Anyhoo -

"Lex Luger came out of the sky in a helicoptor and powerslammed Yokozuna and pinned him and won the World title then got back in his helicoptor."

OK, so its perfectly acceptable to assume a small child thought a match had taken place when seeing the Intrepid footage for the first time. What WASNT acceptable was for myself to believe this Youth Club story at face value and upon getting home, whip out my 1993 WWF sticker album, turn to Luger's page, and where it said "Titles held : none." cross it out and write "WWF x 1" in blue felt tip.

Not because of bullshit stories, but I think I used to deface wrestling magazines/annuals/sticker books sometimes as well by updating them if a wrestler won a title or something. I wrecked a load of my wrestling magazines in 1995 by cutting photos out to turn into pogs with one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pog-Machine-Make-you...s-/230577490171

• Paid Members
I wrecked a load of my wrestling magazines in 1995 by cutting photos out to turn into pogs with one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pog-Machine-Make-you...s-/230577490171

I did something stupider. I went around a load of my WWF mags drawing big circles around a pog, thinking I might get one of those devices, then never bothered. But then, I was/am a dribbling spastic.

• Paid Members
In '99 someone tried to tell me that Foley was the highest earning wrestler that there had ever been as he was "basically a stuntman"

Did he look like this?

ricflair.jpg

I once had the misfortune of sitting next to someone on a coach to a Raw taping who trotted out some of the classic old school myths as fact. He then lied that he had a source, who is a 'director' for the WWE who tells them what camera angles to use

- There were 2 Ultimate Warriors. The 1992 version was a replacement because the original guy had cancer. Then he came back in 1996 after chemo and his hair had come back.

- There are 2 Undertakers. The first one left after the 1994 Rumble; the second/current one debuted at Summerslam 1994. When I took the piss and asked what he thought of Ted Dibiase's undertaker from that Summerslam, he rolled his eyes and called me gullible, for that was CLEARLY a faker.

- Undertaker and Kane really are brothers. (In hindsight I should have queried WHICH Undertaker)

- The Montreal Screwjob was a setup for Bret Hart to go and fuck up WCW from within, so Vince could buy it on the cheap years later.

• Paid Members
Couldnt we just rename this thread the "THE WWF SKY TEXT PAGES circa 1999"? Remember there were plenty on there. Such as: the main event of WrestleMania 2000 will be The Rock and Goldberg vs Mankind and the Big Show, Mike Tyson is the higher power, Gillberg will be in an assassination angle where someone shoots him from the Titan Tron, DX will reform with Buff Bagwell as there new leader etc.

The times me and my mate were duped by Sky Text. I was convinced Scott Hall was coming back to the WWF because he'd pulled down his Outsider elbow pads to reveal his old Razor Ramon ones in a WCW match.

• Paid Members
I had a mate when I was younger who would tell me ridiculous shite like Kerry Von Erich had a prostethic foot and he shot himself while in prison on drug charges. He also claimed that the commentator Vince McMahon OWNED the WWF.

I never believed a word.

Kezza shot himself on a ranch :p

X-Pac Vs Kane in a Barbed Wire and Bombs Cage Match was one I recall seeing on Sky Text, imagine that.

Archived