The Welsh re:Mason Ryan

Dr House's Right Leg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
South Wales is still very shit though, Swansea and Newport are both fucking terrible places filled with fucking terrible people.

Care to elaborate on that? I'd understand Newport though. :laugh:

Haven't been to Wales since I was a 5 or 6. My grandmother was from The Mumbles though.

• Paid Members

Newport apparently is rather wrank, so sayeth a friend of mine who went to Uni there.

Actually, Swansea aside I don't think I've ever really heard anything good about South Wales, in stark contrast to the North which seems generally nice. Llangollen in particular was a hit with the grandparents back in the day. An ex of mine is in Bangor and really rates it. It's not Norwich, but it sounds nice enough.

I'm looking forward to the day when they do a Raw in Cardiff and Ryan gets the Hogan pop.

South Wales is still very shit though, Swansea and Newport are both fucking terrible places filled with fucking terrible people.

If Swansea and Newport cities are all you've seen of south Wales though, you could be forgiven for reaching this conclusion. However I'm compelled to comment on what a sweeping generalisation the first part of that sentence is. Less so the Newport bit, which is actually bang on the money. Swansea city centre certainly fits the description, but if you're referring to the eponymous county, then you're wide off the mark.

Newport apparently is rather wrank, so sayeth a friend of mine who went to Uni there.

Actually, Swansea aside I don't think I've ever really heard anything good about South Wales, in stark contrast to the North which seems generally nice. Llangollen in particular was a hit with the grandparents back in the day. An ex of mine is in Bangor and really rates it. It's not Norwich, but it sounds nice enough.

I'm looking forward to the day when they do a Raw in Cardiff and Ryan gets the Hogan pop.

I think due to the cultural cross breeding program introduced by the government in the 80's and carried out through the 90's us North Walians have a certain sophistication and open mindedness that makes the English and others feel more welcome than if they were in the smack addled biggoted south. *And thats not my opinion, its copied and pasted from the Welsh tourist boards website.*

*may not be true*

Much of Wales is stunning. The natural beauty allows little in the way of distraction while our top grappling scientists develop world conquering super athletes like Mighty Mason and Ruthless Rob.

Also, bonus Cymraeg on Raw this week, with handy translations for learners. Teach yourself Welsh with Mason Ryan. Then you too can understand all the Super Furry Animals albums.

• Paid Members

I think due to the cultural cross breeding program introduced by the government in the 80's and carried out through the 90's us North Walians have a certain sophistication and open mindedness that makes the English and others feel more welcome than if they were in the smack addled biggoted south. *And thats not my opinion, its copied and pasted from the Welsh tourist boards website.*

*may not be true*

It's FAR more likely to be the other way around. North Wales speaks far more actual Welsh than the South overall and I have English friends who have the story of heading up there, going into a bar where everyone was speaking English, only to have them switch to full blown Welsh once they realised their nationality. The South is far more welcoming, just no one particularly wants to go there (outside of maybe Cardiff, if you can count it) because there's fuck all going on from a tourist perspective.

• Moderators

And your experiences of these cities are?

Well... It's the South innit! Nah, to be fair, you did the petition for Wrexham FC, and I have no real problem with the south only "I hate the taffs" banter.

But North Walians, especially from Llangollen are inherently better. Than Everyone.

Llangollen in particular was a hit with the grandparents back in the day.

Old folks like two things. The Ped Egg, and The Aqueduct.

Archived