The Welsh re:Mason Ryan

Dr House's Right Leg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't beenthat excited about a man in spandex in a long time....hearing him billed as from Cardiff made me a cry a bit.

I just hope he does the Ayatollah before hitting his finisher! :)

If he does the Ayatollah, I will forever hate him!

Congratulations to Barri though, the guy really does deserve his chance, giving up pro rugby to concentrate on wrestling was a big gamble, and thankfully one that has paid off.

• Moderators

I've always wondered why there hasn't been more Rugby Players trying wrestling than there has been. You look at a Back Row forward. They're more often than not 6'2" 230lbs natural athletes, or Second Row lads who are about 6'6 and 260lbs. If I were a young semi-pro in the Principality Premiership and looking unlikely to get much further, I'd roll the dice on going to Florida for a workout.

I've always wondered why there hasn't been more Rugby Players trying wrestling than there has been. You look at a Back Row forward. They're more often than not 6'2" 230lbs natural athletes, or Second Row lads who are about 6'6 and 260lbs. If I were a young semi-pro in the Principality Premiership and looking unlikely to get much further, I'd roll the dice on going to Florida for a workout.

I've got a guy training and wrestling with me at the moment, who was on the books of Bridgend Ravens. He's 6ft and a legitimate 23st. He seems quite a natural at it too.

• Paid Members

That's 1 of the reason I got into it, I was a 2nd row that also played as a number 8 every now and then (when playing vs a weak number 8/flankers) I was playing at a semi-pro level for Stourbridge RFC at 17 to 18 years of age, I was 6"4 and around 18-19 stone, I found the switch to wrestling quite easy, due to the level of my fitness and the size, (most other guys my size was just fat or very skinny) I also was a blue belt in Judo so found the bumps very easy to do due to having done them already. The problem with Rugby players jumping to wrestling, (apart from the "ITS FAKE" attitude 1st) is the general attitude of rugby players would look at wrestling with total disdain, they would not look at Wrestling over here and think they could make some money out of it also so it would not be worth the time they would have to put in on the wrestling for

Anyone remember when D'Lo Brown used to be announced as residing in....whatever town they were in. Jericho is announced as Winnipeg, isn't Winnipeg an area in a city, so it's like saying, Toxteth UK, or Deansgate UK or Croyden UK? Benoit's was changed from Canada to residing in Alanta.

• Paid Members
Anyone remember when D'Lo Brown used to be announced as residing in....whatever town they were in. Jericho is announced as Winnipeg, isn't Winnipeg an area in a city, so it's like saying, Toxteth UK, or Deansgate UK or Croyden UK? Benoit's was changed from Canada to residing in Alanta.

It was always announced as Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Think its the same as Tazz being announced as 'From the Red Hook District' where being from a certain area means more, Like being announced from Brixton, London would give someone a different character than being from Clapham Common

• Paid Members

It was always announced as Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Think its the same as Tazz being announced as 'From the Red Hook District' where being from a certain area means more, Like being announced from Brixton, London would give someone a different character than being from Clapham Common

I was under the impression Winnipeg was a city in the province of Manitoba.

• Paid Members

What the fuck are you talking about? Winnipeg's a city. Plus, Deansgate's a bloody road and in no way should be associated with the two hovels you additionally mention.

What the fuck are you talking about? Winnipeg's a city. Plus, Deansgate's a bloody road and in no way should be associated with the two hovels you additionally mention.

I'm sure I read that at one point. I couldn't think of a area of Manchester that people would know, Salford?? Thats a hovel too aint it?

Archived