The Welsh re:Mason Ryan

Dr House's Right Leg

South Wales is still very shit though, Swansea and Newport are both fucking terrible places filled with fucking terrible people.

And your experiences of these cities are?

Well... It's the South innit! Nah, to be fair, you did the petition for Wrexham FC, and I have no real problem with the south only "I hate the taffs" banter.

But North Walians, especially from Llangollen are inherently better. Than Everyone.

Until recently, I actually didn't realise there was a divide between North and South Wales. I know Orig used to give me grief for not being a Welsh speaker, and used to say how North Wales was 'more Welsh' than South Wales, but I never used to take much notice of him, I just used to say that without South Wales, Wales would just be a giant farm! That never went down well with him!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having grown up in Newport I can tell you that it's not as bad as people make out. The Celtic Manor is brilliant, we have one of the only two velodromes in the country, good sporting facilities and decent nightlife. It' more to do with what you make of a place rather than what the place actually is, I can't complain about it at all.

I'd like to know what the people who think Newport is shit experiences of the place actually are?

On topic Mason Ryan has "IT" and will be WWE Champion one day, I'd put money on it.

The Ryder Cup in Newport was the most impressive sporting event I've seen staged in the UK, never mind Wales. The whole infrastructure of the operation was staggering. Hundreds if not thousands of local workers and volunteers were the backbone of this, and every American I spoke to spoke glowingly of their time in South Wales.

Newport born and bred here.

- Brilliant football club on the rise.

- Ryder Cup nothing short of a spectacle.

- An interesting mix of absolute scum and intelligent common sense beings

- A resurgent music scene (See Dirty Goods - Hollywood)

- In the middle of a regeneration...

I think us Newportonians jest that it's a shit-hole in many aspects but love it all the same. Much like most UK cities.

PS, was loving Mason Ryan's Welsh dialogue to CM Punk recently.

I thought Barri looked very green last week. Not sure about his finisher either, he could do with a big power move.

I'm from South Wales and I loves it I do. North Wales has better scenery and the Welsh language culture is interesting (even though half the people up there are retired English people escaping busy multicultural cities) but it's waaaay too quiet, conservative and insular for me. Nice to visit but I wouldn't live there. It's like going back to the 1970s. Their accents are weird as well - they sound like Scandinavian people speaking Scouse. ;)

• Paid Members
Their accents are weird as well - they sound like Scandinavian people speaking Scouse. ;)

My accent when speaking English is pretty crap fair play, but it's our second language, so hey!

Agree on Barri's finisher though. Prefer the modified Rock Bottom he did on John Cena.

• Paid Members
Their accents are weird as well - they sound like Scandinavian people speaking Scouse. ;)

My accent when speaking English is pretty crap fair play, but it's our second language, so hey!

Is it easier when you type though? I remember back in the Monday Night Wars Version II days (yes, some of us liked it!) and it would only be me, you, Gareth7 and Butch in the UKFF chat and you seemed megafast with your replies.

No problem, I sound like a full on valley commando haha and I speak Welsh as a second language as well. I met someone from a village near Wrexham the other day who almost sounded like he was from Cardiff - which is weird because nowhere inbetween those places has an accent anything like that :confused:

Archived